English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 15 April 2024, 04:28   #1
MarkSwanUSA

FS-UAE launches but is hidden

On a MacBook Air M2 running Sonoma 14.4.1
FS-UAE Launcher 3.1.68 for Apple Silicon
FS-UAE 3.1.66 for Apple Silicon

When using the Launcher, the FS-UAE application is launched but the window for it is hidden, meaning, it is down in the dock and I have to click on the application's icon to bring it into view. I sure thought that, several releases ago, the FS-UAE application would launch and the window was immediately viewable.

No, it isn't killing me to have to do this but it is a bit annoying.
Old 15 April 2024, 07:28   #2
giantclam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSwanUSA View Post
On a MacBook Air M2 running Sonoma 14.4.1
FS-UAE Launcher 3.1.68 for Apple Silicon
FS-UAE 3.1.66 for Apple Silicon

When using the Launcher, the FS-UAE application is launched but the window for it is hidden, meaning, it is down in the dock and I have to click on the application's icon to bring it into view. I sure thought that, several releases ago, the FS-UAE application would launch and the window was immediately viewable.

No, it isn't killing me to have to do this but it is a bit annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSwanUSA View Post
When FS-UAE is launched, I cannot immediately interact with any of the Workbench windows, icons, gadgets, shell windows, etc. with my mouse (i.e., touchpad).

That is, until I do one of two things:
- Use the F12 key to bring up the emulator control menu. I just have to bring it up, then take it back down again, and my mouse interacts with the windows, gadgets, etc. just fine.

- Double click anywhere in the emulator window. This has the side effect of expanding the window horizontally, which I am then stuck with. But, after double clicking, I can interact with window, gadgets, etc.
I've just quoted your other post here, as essentially they are similar issues (bug, cosmetic) ~ in essence they should be reported to https://github.com/FrodeSolheim/fs-uae/issues ....

Having said that, I can't see that there's been any activity from Frode on fs-uae since August 2022, neither on fs-uae.net forums nor the fs-uae github page. In fact, there's speculation in the github issues posts that fs-uae is dead (but of course I can't confirm that =)

You should also know that the current fs-uae build is based on winuae v3.x.x, which trails winuae by a couple of version releases...(most winuae based emulators have already merged in winuae v5.x into their source trees). Frode himself said there would be no winuae core update until fs-uae v4.x.x ...alas, no sign of that as of now.

I would suggest amiberry as an alternative, but I'm unsure if it compiles/runs OK on the M2 hardware (certainly there are binary releases for M1 based macs)...so you'd need compile it yourself and report any issues (midwan, amiberry's author, doesn't have any mac hardware to check on ~ the binary releases are compiled by someone else).

HTH
Old 15 April 2024, 10:12   #3
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantclam View Post
[...] I can't see that there's been any activity from Frode on fs-uae since August 2022, [...]
According to the EAB statistics (on his profile page) :
Last Activity: 11 September 2023 00:06