English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 19 November 2019, 05:24   #21
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Got to love the Vita screen, probably the best handheld screen I've seen yet. Such vibrant colors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom6sri View Post
That does look pretty bloody nice! How does the emulator perform?
The first PS Vita version (not the slim) is the one you would want to get, it has a superb OLED screen, the newer version has a cheaper inferior screen on it. The Vita is really nice when modded, I love playing Doom on the go.
Old 19 November 2019, 10:24   #22
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
xbox gaming??

Care to explain??

Streaming via moonlight.

Also the Gameslot to SD is a must. Sony's Memory stick prices suck big time.
Currently have 64GB sandisk card setup.
Old 19 November 2019, 12:19   #23
Anubis
Retro Gamer

After some issues with Vita, including partial hack because my Vita was on latest FW and most of sites suggesting that downgrading is not working for that version, found one YT video that explains how to do it, step by step and bunch of comments that it works.

Last night I downgraded FW to 3.65, installed ENSO (you don't have to run hack every time you boot), SD2VITA and finally Adrenalin, that now works. Had just little trouble with plug ins, where hack does not work because 2 very similar plug ins were on at the same time.

At the moment having 32GB SD and 32GB memory card. Will tonight change 32GB card for 128GB. Once new SD is set, will restore my games that are backed up on computer. Having everything off memory card makes installation much faster.

Here is video and written instruction I followed:

[ Show youtube player ]

Tried unEpic on the go. Still very nice and challenging game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Streaming via moonlight.
Will look into that. Thanks!
Old 19 November 2019, 16:01   #24
BippyM
Global Moderator

What model vita is the best to hack?
Old 19 November 2019, 16:14   #25
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippyM View Post
Get a PCH-1000 (this is the first model, not the slim, has better OLED screen) with a firmware version of 3.68 or below if possible, although I think newer firmware versions can be hacked now also.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 19 November 2019, 16:29   #26
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
It seems any of them can be hacked, even current firmware.

Major difference between fat and slim version apart from mentioned here that fat has better screen is that fat has no internal memory at all. In order to hack it, you have to have Sony memory card, and those thing cost a lot.

Once hacked, even if using SD2VITA, you still have to have memory card inserted.

If you were to get model 1000 (fat), then get any size memory card, don't try to get more expensive large capacity, since SD2VITA is very cheap option. Adapter cost is around 4-5 bucks.
Old 21 November 2019, 12:34   #27
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
I was given mine (Else it would have been binned. Hate seeing anything thrown out). It was very battered. I spent £38 on complete new casing and screen. Now looks brand new and display looks lovely.
Old 21 November 2019, 18:15   #28
rsn8887

@Anubis: UAE4All2 on Vita uses right analog stick and shoulder buttons for mouse by default. But that can be changed in the menu. Touch mouse also works, as you found out. You can use custom controls mapping screen and remap the mouse buttons. You can also map slow/fast mouse modifier buttons there.

For A500 games running too fast in WHDLoad: Try changing CPU to 68000 it sometimes helps. Or simply run the problematic games from .adf disks using A500 config (not A1200).

The cool thing about Adrenaline: You get pretty much perfect PS1 emulation in addition to PSP games, because Vita includes the PS1 hardware AND the PSP hardware, those are not emulated.

Concerning Amiga emulation on PSP, I could not get any game to run full speed without frameskip. I think the PSP is just too slow. The Vita is fine, but also has slowdown in some games (Jim Power, Leander). The Switch is even better, it runs even Jim Power and Leander in full speed.

Last edited by rsn8887; 22 November 2019 at 03:28.
Old 22 November 2019, 02:49   #29
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsn8887 View Post
UAE4All2 on Vita uses right analog stick and shoulder buttons for mouse by default. But that can be changed in the menu. Touch mouse also works, as you found out. You can use custom controls mapping screen and remap the mouse buttons. You can also map slow/fast mouse modifier buttons there.

For A500 games running too fast in WHDLoad: Try changing CPU to 68000 it sometimes helps. Or simply run the problematic games from .adf disks using A500 config (not A1200).

The cool thing about Adrenaline: You get pretty much perfect PS1 emulation in addition to PSP games, because Vita includes the PS1 hardware AND the PSP hardware, those are not emulated.

Concerning Amiga emulation on PSP, I could not get any game to run full speed without frameskip. I think the PSP is just too slow. The Vita is fine, but also has slowdown in some games (Jim Power, Leander). The Switch is even better, it runs even Jim Power and Leander in full speed.
If I am not mistaken, are you not the developer of the UAE4All2!

Care to shed light on my Golden Axe issue? I am running off ADF and also using A500 config...
Old 22 November 2019, 03:29   #30
rsn8887

Remind me what is the issue?

Edit: oh it is running way too fast. Weird.

Edit2: Solution for Golden Axe: set Blitter to Normal and reboot. I will add it to the list of known fixes here https://github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2#...th-known-fixes

Last edited by rsn8887; 22 November 2019 at 03:38.
Old 22 November 2019, 14:21   #31
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
@Anubis: UAE4All2 on Vita uses right analog stick and shoulder buttons for mouse by default. But that can be changed in the menu. Touch mouse also works, as you found out. You can use custom controls mapping screen and remap the mouse buttons. You can also map slow/fast mouse modifier buttons there.

Thank you for explanation.

Since my original post last week, I cleared my memory card, downgraded FW, have set SD2VITA 128GB and I am in process of installing stuff back. So far everything works just fine, I did not have much of issues with Amiga emulation to begin with, and I do usually use lowest spec for Amiga games anyway. I will test some more stuff this weekend and write about it.

Android is really nice, and I like mGBA emulator for GBA, GB and GBC games.

I also need to install RetroArch again. I was hopping to find a front end for it, but I don't see any.
Old 23 November 2019, 19:17   #32
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Out of curiosity, how are the analog sticks on the Vita? At least decent?

Although I got it mainly for emulation purpose (therefore mostly using the Dpad), I never enjoyed playing on my PSP for long periods of time "modern" games which use the analog stick (PSP 3000, but I think it was the same on the other models).
Old 24 November 2019, 00:20   #33
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post

Although I got it mainly for emulation purpose (therefore mostly using the Dpad), I never enjoyed playing on my PSP for long periods of time "modern" games which use the analog stick (PSP 3000, but I think it was the same on the other models).
The analog sticks are good in my opinion. The dpad is top notch (clicky like on gb advance sp).
Old 24 November 2019, 16:42   #34
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post

Very good. I am considering looking into the use of the PSVita pad as a 2nd pad on my PS4! There is a way, I think.
Old 24 November 2019, 18:21   #35
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Thanks for your feedback guys. I guess I too will be looking for a Vita then.
Old 25 November 2019, 15:14   #36
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Solution for Golden Axe: set Blitter to Normal and reboot.
Worked great, thank you! Interestingly, the blitter option does not influence the emulation 'on the fly' and only activates the changes after the Amiga is rebooted? Is it possible to change this 'on the fly'?
Old 25 November 2019, 18:25   #37
rsn8887

I will look into it.
Old 25 November 2019, 22:44   #38
lesta_smsc

@rsn8887 - may be outside of the scope of this emulator, but any chance of adding netplay to this emulator? I'm not sure if you can borrow code from FS-UAE for this purpose or even port that emulator as a side-project?!

BTW, am I correct in assuming you also work on various other emulators on the console scene e.g. SCUMMVM port for Vita - which works fantastic BTW, although I was disappointed when you dropped MT-32 support lol.
Old 25 November 2019, 22:48   #39
BippyM
Global Moderator

Scored myself a vita for £60. Collect it on Wednesday. No idea what model it is, but figure I can sell it on if i cannot mod it!
Old 25 November 2019, 22:49   #40
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Scored myself a vita for £60. Collect it on Wednesday. No idea what model it is, but figure I can sell it on if i cannot mod it!
As far as I'm aware, ALL models are now 'hackable' So you should be okay...