English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 17 December 2016, 18:33   #1
user8086

Telnet apps/SSH client that works with AmiTCP

I'm pretty new to Amigas, and I haven't had any luck so far getting browsers to work (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=85112); in fact, I've had more luck getting my C64 to do cool things online with Contiki.

My quest to find something cool to do with my Amiga continues though.

Does anyone know about Telnet or SSH clients that work with AmiTCP? I've briefly tested JRComm and NComm, having seen them recommended, but it looks like they want a modem that accepts Hayes commands, not an existing TCP/IP stack.

Amiga A1200 has:

Indivision AGA 1200 MK2
CompactFlash IDE drive
ACA1233/40 accelerator
Workbench 45.1 (3.9)
Kickstart 40.68 (3.1)
EasyNet PCMCIA 3Com Ethernet NIC

Old 17 December 2016, 18:55   #2
jPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by user8086 View Post
Does anyone know about Telnet or SSH clients that work with AmiTCP? I've briefly tested JRComm and NComm, having seen them recommended, but it looks like they want a modem that accepts Hayes commands, not an existing TCP/IP stack.
All telnet clients will work with AmiTCP/IP, but those you mention aren't telnet clients, they are terminal programs meant to be used with serial connections. In theory you could get them working with telnet by using telser.device or such in between.

But there are also real telnet programs, for example AmTelnet is a good graphical telnet and SSH1 client, DCTelnet is a good graphical telnet client especially for BBS use, NapsaTerm is more simple but working telnet/ssh1 client, and AmiTCP/IP itself comes with a really simple shell based telnet client too (just type telnet in the shell).
Old 17 December 2016, 19:35   #3
user8086

Quote:
Originally Posted by jPV View Post
All telnet clients will work with AmiTCP/IP, but those you mention aren't telnet clients, they are terminal programs meant to be used with serial connections. In theory you could get them working with telnet by using telser.device or such in between.

But there are also real telnet programs, for example AmTelnet is a good graphical telnet and SSH1 client, DCTelnet is a good graphical telnet client especially for BBS use, NapsaTerm is more simple but working telnet/ssh1 client, and AmiTCP/IP itself comes with a really simple shell based telnet client too (just type telnet in the shell).
Cool thanks, I'll check those out!

I also plan to try smbfs to connect to an existing Samba share, with the goal of making it easier to transfer files.

Old 18 December 2016, 09:55   #4
squidbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by user8086 View Post
Cool thanks, I'll check those out!

I also plan to try smbfs to connect to an existing Samba share, with the goal of making it easier to transfer files.

You can setup up samba shares in Easynet - so that shared drives are mounted when you connect with Easynet. Works a treat.

s.