English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 17 December 2017, 18:21   #1
Seblington
Amiga Nutter

Send a message via AIM to Seblington
Vampire - How to get native display

Hi guys, some may have seen me post this question on FB but though I would ask here.
I have some old applications and games I want to run on my A500+ with a Vampire V2+, for example, Protracker. Now I know I can use Sound Studio or Digibooster and they will use the native screen modes output on the HDMI but older applications do not have such an option and neither do most the games I like. So if I want to run Protracker, I need to either connect an old monitor or buy a flicker fixer.

SO I wondered was there a way to get applications to output on the HDMI port on the Vampire and there was a suggestion of Newmode and Promode, both looked very promising and from a Youtube video I saw, they should do exactly what I needed but when I tried it I get a blank screen with the title of the program from HDMI and the native display monitor springs to life.

So, has anyonew had the same cenatrio? is it a case that the hardware does not permit and there no software either or has some cleaver bright spark found a way to get the low PAL / NTSC resolutions to display out the HDMI port or even to show them in a window mode?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of Newmode.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	55870  
Old 17 December 2017, 18:42   #2
Daedalus

If applications access the chipset directly, they can't be shown over HDMI. A future version of the core has been promised that includes chipset emulation, and that will allow native display modes (including games) to be shown over HDMI, but that's not out in the wild just yet.
Old 18 December 2017, 11:49   #3
daxb

Would be nice to see Protracker 2.x and 3.x on Vampire + HDMI when it gets chipset emulation because Protracker does some special screen "opening" as far as I know. Please report if you get the new core.
Old 18 December 2017, 12:04   #4
ExiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
If applications access the chipset directly, they can't be shown over HDMI. A future version of the core has been promised that includes chipset emulation, and that will allow native display modes (including games) to be shown over HDMI, but that's not out in the wild just yet.
There is also *prototype* of PARASITE – hardware extension which grapes the 100% original AMIGA signal and feed it back to the VAMPIRE. It is unknown if this solution is dead already with Core 3 (complete chipset emulation) in the pipeline.
http://www.apollo-core.com/knowledge...=4173&z=xlUYh_
Old 18 December 2017, 12:05   #5
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

If you were using a UK/EU TV as your monitor then you will be able to plug the Native into the RGB SCART socket and SAGA into the HDMI.

If the default input for the TV is set to RGB SCART then *in theory* the Vampire could control HDMI to switch between "default input" and HDMI input simply by turning on/off it's outputs.

I doubt very much if it does do that at the moment. Wouldn't be hard (like 5 lines of VHDL and 1 line of C)
Old 18 December 2017, 20:37   #6
Seblington
Amiga Nutter

Send a message via AIM to Seblington
Cheers everyone, the Gold 3 sounds like the perfect solution but as we know, theirs no ETA, using a monitor with SCART input seems to be the best solution for now, I am pretty exited about the new V4 card coming out too :-)