DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinphaltimus View Post
The info you seek is in Post #1 -
Post #2 actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
unfortunately havent' been able to find anything regarding full-window. (remove all fullscreen entries and replace it with full-window).
running anything in fullscreen other than 1080p resolution will mess up desktop. so no fullscreen. only full-window (borderless window).
I wouldn't suggest switching to "Full-window" or "Windowed" as on some games I've adjusted horizontal / vertical postions to centre games; these will look horrible in these modes.

Just try out my collection and then come back to me if you have issues; which you shouldn't
Old 21 February 2018, 15:05   #402
Sinphaltimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Post #2 actually

Uhm, that info I posted is at the bottom of post #1
Just above interesting statistics.
Old 21 February 2018, 15:23   #403
DamienD
Banned

Ah, you're talking about how to change settings... yes, some brief information is at the end of post #1.

Your post was a bit confusing Sinphaltimus as you quoted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
so, if i read correctly regarding "relative paths" installation of your collection should not interfere with winuae installed on my system.
unfortunately havent' been able to find anything regarding full-window. (remove all fullscreen entries and replace it with full-window).
running anything in fullscreen other than 1080p resolution will mess up desktop. so no fullscreen. only full-window (borderless window).
...and then said the following directly underneither:

The info you seek is in Post #1 -

Anyway, a more detailed set of instructions for changing settings via Notepad++ is in post #16
Old 21 February 2018, 15:34   #404
walkero

@DamienD
Thank you very much for this fine package. The best of the best games are already there, running just fine. Even the CD games, which are included.

The only thing that I miss is a way to update the list in case you do any changes. Do you have in mind to create something for that?

I am currently working on a script to make installable to Linux, in case anyone wants it. I currently have it already installed, which works just fine. Of course it uses the WinUAE with the help of Wine.
Old 21 February 2018, 15:35   #405
Sinphaltimus

I see...
Old 21 February 2018, 15:42   #406
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkero View Post
@DamienD
Thank you very much for this fine package. The best of the best games are already there, running just fine. Even the CD games, which are included.
My pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkero View Post
The only thing that I miss is a way to update the list in case you do any changes. Do you have in mind to create something for that?
...not sure I follow; any fixes / updates / additions / adjustments are detailed in post #2 under these sections with simple instructions i.e:

a) Configuration fixes since release:
b) Updated games since release:
c) Added games since release:
d) Title / SShots adjusted since release:

Last edited by DamienD; 21 February 2018 at 16:18.
Old 21 February 2018, 19:38   #407
Dunny

Dude, I get a complete mess also when coming back from a game - explorer windows shrunk and moved to the top left of the screen, my development IDE really suffers and any other running apps get the same treatment.

So yeah, I've gone through the configs and replaced all the screen resolutions with my desktop res and added scaling. Not found any that it's not worked with yet
Old 21 February 2018, 21:18   #408
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
Dude, I get a complete mess also when coming back from a game - explorer windows shrunk and moved to the top left of the screen, my development IDE really suffers and any other running apps get the same treatment.
Doesn't happen here and no one else besides you has reported this out of over 650 people on varying Windows OS versions...

*** honx doesn't count, he hasn't even tried my collection yet, he's just being over cautious as per usual ***

Are you saying that this happens every single time you play a game and then exit WinUAE?

My laptops resolution is always set as 1366 x 768.

Anyone else ever had this occur?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
So yeah, I've gone through the configs and replaced all the screen resolutions with my desktop res and added scaling. Not found any that it's not worked with yet
Blasphemy!!!

No; obviously you do what you like with *your* copy, even if you decide to use scaling
Old 21 February 2018, 22:33   #409
ma693541
Computer Wizard

DamienD, I don't have your entire collection, only some games of it posted here at EAB in this thread and my laptop run latest Windows 10, resolution set to 1366 x 768 and I can confirm the problems Dunny have. One other thing after playing one or more games, the sound suddenly vanish, no game sound, maybe a WinUAE 3.6.0 issue. BTW, even that I have only a few of your games from the collection, it's nicely setup. Easy to understand, just point and double-click. Nicely screenshoots on the right side of the configurations. To fast quit a game and emulation, use CTRL+F11.
Old 21 February 2018, 22:49   #410
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma693541 View Post
DamienD, I don't have your entire collection, only some games of it posted here at EAB in this thread and my laptop run latest Windows 10, resolution set to 1366 x 768 and I can confirm the problems Dunny have. One other thing after playing one or more games, the sound suddenly vanish, no game sound, maybe a WinUAE 3.6.0 issue. BTW, even that I have only a few of your games from the collection, it's nicely setup. Easy to understand, just point and double-click. Nicely screenshoots on the right side of the configurations. To fast quit a game and emulation, use CTRL+F11.
So maybe it's a particular version / patch of Windows 10 that's causing this? Dunny, what OS / version etc. are you using please?

...not that I'm about to start troubleshooting OS issues. I'll use Toni's favourite quote here: not my problem

Personally I only use Windows 7 at home; at work I have to use Windows 10 though...

Also ma693541, do you have my complete / setup or only some games I've previously released on EAB? Makes a huge difference.
Old 21 February 2018, 23:18   #411
Sinphaltimus

This may also be a video card issue. I don't keep any icons on my desktop anymore because this would happen to me every once in a while when playing a game that sets the resolution to anything smaller than my default 1920x1080 - and when i say playing a game I am not at all referring to DamienD's collection. This happens when I play the original Worms world Party and several other older games on my Nvidia based windows 10 desktop.

here is one game in particular that I have played for years and still do. I'm registered but there is a shareware version you can download, install and play just to see what I'm saying...

http://www.blitwise.com/ptanks.html

Then uninstall if you feel so inclined.

So in Damien's defense, I do not believe it's a WinUAE issue nor does it have anything to do with this collection.

I did mention I do not keep icons on my desktop (got really tired of fixing them) but these resolution changes would push any open windows I have to other monitor screens. I'll have several STEAM windows open, play W.W.P. or Pocket Tanks, quit those games and my windows would all be missing. I'd find them by turning on my unused screens and moving them back. So it's still affects me, just not as badly as having to drag over lots of icons from various screens.

Try playing with your video card scaling and no scaling settings with any application overrides that might be present for your driver. I use NVidia as mentioned and there are settings in the NVidia control panel to mess with.

Last edited by Sinphaltimus; 21 February 2018 at 23:20. Reason: Fixed some typos. I should really learn to proof read before posting.
Old 21 February 2018, 23:26   #412
warfalcon

Totally awesome work, Damien! It`s obvious to see how much time and love you put into that project. You surely are a TRUE Amigian!
Old 21 February 2018, 23:31   #413
DamienD
Banned

Thanks my friend, appreciate the feedback from a trainer legend
Old 21 February 2018, 23:52   #414
ma693541
Computer Wizard

I don't have the entire collection of you, DamienD, only the ones posted here in this thread with configurations and screenshots. I have a very small SSD on a 2 years old Lenovo laptop and my drivers are up to date. BTW, I have asked you in a email how much you wanted for your collection on a preinstalled USB-stick. That was in late January.
Old 21 February 2018, 23:53   #415
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma693541 View Post
I don't have the entire collection of you, DamienD, only the ones posted here in this thread with configurations and screenshots. I have a very small SSD on a 2 years old Lenovo laptop and my drivers are up to date. BTW, I have asked you in a email how much you wanted for your collection on a preinstalled USB-stick. That was in late January.
...and I replied but have never heard back from you; need information like your address etc.
Old 22 February 2018, 00:14   #416
ma693541
Computer Wizard

No wonder why I haven't got your email. My old email address was still standing in my user info after changing ISP. I have broadband now and not a dial up line. Will send you another email soon.
Old 22 February 2018, 00:27   #417
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinphaltimus View Post
So in Damien's defense, I do not believe it's a WinUAE issue nor does it have anything to do with this collection.
Thanks Sinphaltimus. It's definitely an M$oft, card or driver issue.

Don't get me wrong; I've used all MS desktop / server / enterprise OS's in my job.

...it's just, I use my home computer mainly for:

a) emulation
b) downloads
c) music
d) movies
e) graphics reproduction
f) batch files
g) registry stuff when needed

I have collections / emulators for over 15 different systems; all working perfectly on Win 7

Of course I've tried numerous emulators that I enjoy on all later OS's but sometimes there's difficulty; be it having to change emulator versions / configs / settings / methodology etc...

Not worth it for me, well not yet

Anyway, in these reported cases it seems that Win 10 isn't able to exit an application, switch back from the application's selected / running resolution and finally return to the host OS's original successfully in time / or if ever
Old 22 February 2018, 00:30   #418
ma693541
Computer Wizard

Well. I have heard that at least M$-Norway doesn't support Win 7 here anymore and they gave up Win XP in 2014. I need a stable, up to date OS at any time because of what I use my PC's for.
Old 22 February 2018, 00:39   #419
DamienD
Banned

Let's not turn this into a MS OS debate.

...all I can guarantee is that I don't see these issues with Win 7; and I really don't care if MS eventually drops support.

I'll have a nice clean / up-to-date clone ready to re-image my laptop back to it's last supported, perfect state

For Win 10 *personal wise*; I'll purchase another laptop and mess about on that.
Old 22 February 2018, 00:44   #420
ma693541
Computer Wizard

OK. Good night DamienD, nice to have tried out some of your games in your big collection. Really liked the hard, and fixed game by ross, Ziriax. Had to use trainer on that one. I suppose the game Krypton Egg had been a Atari game and then converted to Amiga, because of the Atari logo on the bat.