English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 12 October 2015, 09:08   #1
AMIGASYSTEM

WinUAE problems with CD MAC OS

I found that on WinUAE, you can not automatically mount the installation CD MAC (System 7.x, 8x) , through a mountlist instead, CDs are mounted well without problems. ShapeShifter instead you can see the MAC CD the sun setting WinUAE, but if you try to start the MAC direttamente da CD (bootable), WinUAE goes crash, and sometimes you can not end the process. All this is done with the real CD, ISO images of CD MAC instead, apparently you can not be mounted in any way, also tried to virtualize Windows.

Il CD real of System 7 mounted "as CD data" It is handled seamlessly by ShapeShifter 3.9, this version of WinUAE It has some small problems when opening volumes, but otherwise fine, the latest version of ShapeShifter 3.11 i am still testing.

I attach screenshot with the mounted CD MAC through a mounlist and my video showing System 7 in action on WinUAE

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 23 January 2016 at 08:07.
Old 12 October 2015, 14:06   #2
mark_k

Are you expecting to add the CD ISO image as a hardfile and have that automatically mounted in AmigaOS? Even if WinUAE supports working with ISO 9660 images in that way (I don't know whether it does or not), that won't work with Macintosh CD images.

Mac CDs use HFS, not ISO 9660. [It's actually possible to have hybrid discs which contain both ISO 9660 and HFS filesystems, but the Mac OS Install disc probably wasn't mastered like that.]

It might help if you can post error logs and explain better what you're trying to do. One problem could be (with booting ShapeShifter from the Mac CD) that you don't have the image file in an emulated CD-ROM drive. But of course WinUAE should not crash in that case.
Old 12 October 2015, 14:14   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I need complete image file to fix it, there is no other way. (and HFS isn't probably going to be supported directly but at least crash can be fixed)
Old 12 October 2015, 15:13   #4
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
I need complete image file to fix it, there is no other way. (and HFS isn't probably going to be supported directly but at least crash can be fixed)
Posted a PM

Tested ShapeShifter v3.11 with Mac System 8, but only in "Grey" no color, there are screens available, unica modalità compatibile "Amiga Window", ShapeShifter v3.9 instead, with the same mode, it gives me a color screen (see attached video above).

Question , it'scrazy possible exploit for ShapeShifter RTG Board Graphics Card used with OS4?

Old 12 October 2015, 15:53   #5
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_k View Post

but the Mac OS Install disc probably wasn't mastered like that.
No, Mac OS Install CD HFS They are visible in the environment Amiga, either with a mountlist CDFS Standard, that with a specific mountlist per HFS. On Amiga it is also possible mount on Workbench, on hardfile with a MACS installed, look screenshot attached.

Old 12 October 2015, 16:03   #6
mark_k

I think AsimCDFS supports HFS CDs (as do some other Amiga CD filesystems).
Old 12 October 2015, 16:26   #7
AMIGASYSTEM

Yes, almost all Filesystem CD AMiGA they do it, I enclose a screenshot yet, where my other old Filesystem CD they used many years ago on my A4000 they have mounted CD System MAC.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 23 January 2016 at 08:06.
Old 12 October 2015, 19:52   #8
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I don't think I understood how to duplicate this.

I tried to mount using "cd/dvd automount" and it can't mount it because it does not have iso9660 filesystem and there should not be any other no-mountlist methods.
Old 12 October 2015, 20:21   #9
AMIGASYSTEM

It is on file ISO, once Burned the ISO to CD, WinUAE attempts to mount the CD, but then the CD is unreadable as from screenshot.

Old 12 October 2015, 21:13   #10
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
It is on file ISO, once Burned the ISO to CD, WinUAE attempts to mount the CD, but then the CD is unreadable as from screenshot.
It is correct behavior. Only ISO-9660 (and extensions) is supported. (and no, HFS won't be supported)
Old 13 October 2015, 18:43   #11
AMIGASYSTEM

Ok , thank you Toni Another question, I can not understand a passage quoted from you in this review:

- First on the fly inserted device name becomes RDH0:, second RDH1: and so on. Previously number was next available directory filesystem unit number.

If I drag more files from desktop of Windows on Workbench, I find only in the Amiga system, the last file dragged in duplicate copy, one in volume "RDH0" and the other in a folder with the same file name; Of Volumes RDH1, RDH2 etc.. no sign.
If the drag ADF compressed instead, in addition to the two path described, also the file ADF montato in DF0:

Old 15 October 2015, 20:47   #12
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
[/I]If I drag more files from desktop of Windows on Workbench, I find only in the Amiga system, the last file dragged in duplicate copy, one in volume "RDH0" and the other in a folder with the same file name; Of Volumes RDH1, RDH2 etc.. no sign.
Dragndrop always replaces previous mounted drive. As designed.
They are not replaced if you use GUI to add harddrives on the fly.

Quote:
If the drag ADF compressed instead, in addition to the two path described, also the file ADF montato in DF0:
I don't understand this part of your question.
Old 15 October 2015, 21:06   #13
AMIGASYSTEM

Even I understood exactly what you said it yourself , about files ADF, even if compressed, when dragged on Workbench, i find the file ADF filled in and ready for reading in Floppy Drive (GUI Preferences WinUAE).