English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Home Projects > project.EAB

Old 28 November 2001, 22:33   #1
RCK
Administrator

Angry What's going on here ?

Well, Fred decide to leave us after being "sick of this place".
I won't cancel his account as requested, so you will be able to contact him with e-mail.
(this account will auto-die like others ghost one)

I'm a bit sad to see what you have done with all those mini-wars here.
You should know that a growing community is hard to contain sometimes, so in the future, please ignore the people you don't like, don't produce this kind of public flaming.
We are working hard into the future of abime.net (Database & more), and the only present we have is those upset & leaving people...

@Marz: If you continue to upset the majority of EAB's members, you will be banned. I don't want to know who is right here, that's not my goal. It may be unfair, but if others members continue to complain about your comportment, you will have to leave.
Old 28 November 2001, 22:55   #2
Ian
Global Moderator

I agree, I dislike a couple of people here, but I very rarely let this show (In public).

Losing a stalwart like Fred will affect us ALL greatly

I hope Fred does return as he and I are good friends and especially seeing as this whole episode could've been easily avoided.

I am plenty pissed about what’s gone off recently, but in the interests of the majority of the members, I will keep it to myself.
Old 28 November 2001, 23:06   #3
DPainter

Unhappy

I don't hate anyone on here, but then I don't read every thread. I will certainly miss Fred. This picture I made shows how lean it will be around here without him:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fred.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	1387  
Old 28 November 2001, 23:54   #4
oldpx

Although I had little contact with him, it's sad to lose fred . I considered his posts about marz rather funny, but it looks like he's really pissed off somehow.:disgusted

Old 28 November 2001, 23:57   #5
RCK
Administrator

Just a note to say that the option "Edit Ignore List" has always existed into the UserCp.
Old 29 November 2001, 14:17   #6
Drake1009

Truly a loss

I hope that people will work together on avoiding similar problems. And I'd think I hope it goes both sides. If something happens to make you annoyed don't flame the person, and the same goes the other way around. If noone bothers to respond to a topic or post, then it could be interpreted as either
a) Noone cares about it, stop bringing it up again and again please.
b) Noone knows anything about it, people will have read and noted it. No need to bring it up constantly

Of course I have practically no knowledge maintaining anything and no social life to speak with experience from, but it seems fairly self explanatory that if you at least speak nicely to each other (BOTH WAYS, one playing nice while the other is really obnoxious is not a good thing) there shouldn't be too many problems.

If you have a problem with someone keeping saying something stupid. Laugh it off if he doesn't listen to a nicely formulated answer correcting him. You're the one who's probably right anyway. That he choses to live in ignorance is his choice, I'm sure if he's so wrong he'll find out when more people start laughing at him than people agreeing.
Old 29 November 2001, 16:35   #7
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

@Burseg....Chook memnum oldum
Old 29 November 2001, 16:49   #8
oldpx

rica ederim

Old 29 November 2001, 18:25   #9
MethodGit

I think everyone on here would want me to leave anyway, RCK... It appears Fred has succeeded in convincing everyone that I'm apparently unwanted and useless.

But he is extremely immature, thinking that leaving an entire community stranded all because of one individual person is the right option. He should only leave if a group of members treat him negatively. I was just doing my normal business and he noses in all the time saying he's pissed off with me when really it's none of his damn business what I do on this board. He shouldn't have to say anything at me about my posts, he should just walk away and pretend nothing happended. Sorry to say this, but he's an idiot. He brought this on himself. There was no proper reason for him to leave.

Sorry, but I feel just as upset too. He really hurt me real good.
Old 29 November 2001, 22:25   #10
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Marz, as I stated in another post, you know what annoys the users here. Is it that difficult to just not do things that annoy people? We already showed you that when you participate in a normal manner and don't troll, we treat you normally. When you deviate from that norm, expect anything. Particularly when that deviation comes in the form of the top ten list of what annoys most of the users at EAB. A lot of us here have probably at least one thing that bothers one or more users here (like me with my anti-MS rants, or Birdy with his anti-(fill in the blank) rants, etc.) If that was all you did, you'd maybe have to shield off a few flames thrown your way. Just pull it back. As I said before, this is a perrennial occurance. I find it difficult to believe that you can't see these storms coming when you post some of your messages.

You are now in Fred's ignore list, so let's put the Fred vs. Marz war to rest, shall we? And please: not another "everybody wants me to leave" bit. Sink or swim.
Old 30 November 2001, 17:16   #11
Amiga1992

I thought that ignore list thing was only for PMs... it works for the whole board?
Old 30 November 2001, 18:11   #12
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Go ahead and try it, Akira. It works for whole board. Paul pointed this out to me, and I was a mod (as you are)! Atta boy, Paul!