English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 28 September 2005, 01:04   #1
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

last ninja remix

I have played both Last Ninja 2 & 3 back when I had a real miggy, but I missed out on the Last Ninja remix. So I decided to download and play it using winuae.

Not mentioning the horrible jumping sequences where I die a couple of hundred times, I can't seem to be able to pick anything up! I'm doing it the way I'm used to in LN2 and LN3, all the ninja does is squint like he is taking a shit, but then refuses to do anything else. I tried to pick them up from different angles, no dice.

I downloaded two versions from planet emu - one cracked by Angels and one cracked by Skidrow, but both don't get me anywhere... Am I missing something completely obvious here?
Old 28 September 2005, 07:35   #2
OddbOd

Obviously you never played the original Last Ninja, the pick-up movement was like this in the first game i.e. the Ninja does not bend all the way down like in LN2 & 3. What you need to do is line yourself up with the object that you want to pick up so that when he "squints" (I think the word you mean is squat) his hand will be where the object is, like this:

Old 28 September 2005, 08:26   #3
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

You are correct, I meant squat

[ edit ]
Aha! The aligning with the hand part is where I was doing things wrong, I was just standing in front of the item like you would in LN2 and LN3 Thanks!
[ /edit ]

Last edited by gimbal; 28 September 2005 at 16:02.
Old 28 September 2005, 13:00   #4
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I think Ninja Remix was an Eclipse game, written by a founder and friend of mine Marc Rosocha and the music was done by another mate Jochen Hippel... both former Thalion / Atari ST dudes

http://www.eclipse.at
Old 28 September 2005, 16:09   #5
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

It is indeed an eclipse game, as seen on the attached screenshot

Great music btw.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lnr.png
Views:	374
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	9322  
Old 28 September 2005, 17:47   #6
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

You should listen to some other Jochen Hippel Zaks... get them from Exotica and play them with Deliplayer
Old 29 September 2005, 11:34   #7
Avanze
Amiga User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh
...the music was done by another mate Jochen Hippel... both former Thalion / Atari ST dudes
Mad Max is one of my favourite YM composers, along with TAO and Count Zero.
Old 06 June 2006, 23:13   #8
Korgy

What is the pick up button? I'm playing with Keyboard Layout B and whatever i push when i'm lined up correctly, he doesn't seem to do anything. The closest thing i have is when i press page down i believe, he seems to reach at his back like he is going to draw a weapon or something. I have the same problem in Last Ninja 2 and Last Ninja 3, i can't find the pick up button.

Old 06 June 2006, 23:18   #9
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korgy
What is the pick up button? I'm playing with Keyboard Layout B and whatever i push when i'm lined up correctly, he doesn't seem to do anything. The closest thing i have is when i press page down i believe, he seems to reach at his back like he is going to draw a weapon or something. I have the same problem in Last Ninja 2 and Last Ninja 3, i can't find the pick up button.
From memory it's the fire button + moving the joystick in some direction (down I believe).

If you are using Keyboard Layout B then right <Ctlr> should be the fire button
Old 07 June 2006, 00:43   #10
Korgy

K i have figured it out, its the right CTRL and both arrow left and arrow down. First press the right CTRL and keep it pressed then both arrow keys. He will only pick it up when you are lined up correctly. You got to play with your movements for a while to get it right. To see what you are holding is the "H key". To use a weapon is spacebar. For people playing Ninja Remix with Keyboard Layout B this is the way to do it.

Old 07 June 2006, 14:15   #11
adgloride
Amiga Mod Chipper

I found all the last ninja games were among the very few games that were better on the c64.
Old 07 June 2006, 14:25   #12
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adgloride
I found all the last ninja games were among the very few games that were better on the c64.
Agreed
Old 07 June 2006, 17:40   #13
Heavyweight7t6

Send a message via Yahoo to Heavyweight7t6
I remember play the last ninja and being stuck on the cliff part - took me weeks of trying to figure out how to get down!...so simple walk backwards and he climb down...lmao...to this day it still makes me smile
Old 10 June 2006, 13:49   #14
blade002
Zone Friend

The Last Ninja gives me probably my greatest memories on the C64. There were alot of other games that were great for that machine as we all know, but that one had me stumped for so long, and then when i finally figured the whole game out, i probably played it over and over about 100 times or more. lol.

The Music in it too was amazing for that small amount of memory. System 3 really got it right by producing some top tunes inbetween each level when it loaded from tape. the dungeon level music with all the skeletons running towards you almost had me shitting myself.
Old 10 June 2006, 14:16   #15
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002
The Music in it too was amazing for that small amount of memory. System 3 really got it right by producing some top tunes inbetween each level when it loaded from tape. the dungeon level music with all the skeletons running towards you almost had me shitting myself.
Ah, the dungeon level

You just brought back so many memories, I can picture that part exactly in my mind
Old 10 June 2006, 16:37   #16
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD
Ah, the dungeon level

You just brought back so many memories, I can picture that part exactly in my mind
Im glad i could jolt that memory of yours Damien! .. Good to know someone appreciates that part as much as i do .. A legendary game with tons of atmosphere!. even the picture on the box of the Ninja used to get me worked up for revenge!!!... the look in the Ninja's eyes with the sweat beading down was brilliant!!... dont forget i was extremely young at the time so my imagination was at full tilt!
Old 10 June 2006, 16:57   #17
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002
Im glad i could jolt that memory of yours Damien! .. Good to know someone appreciates that part as much as i do .. A legendary game with tons of atmosphere!. even the picture on the box of the Ninja used to get me worked up for revenge!!!... the look in the Ninja's eyes with the sweat beading down was brilliant!!... dont forget i was extremely young at the time so my imagination was at full tilt!
Have you ever tried the Atari ST version of Last Ninja 1? It was never released offical because an employee of System 3 made a pirated copy of the game and give it to the community. But it is a 100 % version and a lot of better than the C-64 game. Of course the music of the C-64 version is muuuuuch better.

http://ahladnik.free.fr/
Old 10 June 2006, 19:10   #18
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD
Ah, the dungeon level

Giant Spider in that level just about did it for me,esp. after the various ghosties!

A great C64 triology,though personally biased towards 1 & 2 in particular, (from the original dev. crew of John Twiddy,Mev Dinc,Hugh Riley etc.).
Old 10 June 2006, 19:11   #19
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-Zark-7
Giant Spider in that level just about did it for me,esp. after the various ghosties!
Shite, I forgot about the Giant Spider (how could I)... Excellent stuff
Old 11 June 2006, 00:05   #20
adgloride
Amiga Mod Chipper

I remember last ninja 2 on the C64 the music on it was incredible, best music on the c64. Its a shame they made the last ninja 2 remix and ruined the music.