English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 03 January 2019, 06:37   #21
CaptNibor

Hmmm, they no longer carry what I ordered! I guess I ordered at the right time.

Robin

Old 04 January 2019, 06:37   #22
n9yty

wiser3 - you are right, I only have six disks as well. I think there are supposed to be seven, it is the modules disk that makes the difference from one package to the other along with the ROMS. I don't think they are one and the same, I will have to ask them about. Thanks for bringing it up!
Old 04 January 2019, 10:09   #23
BLUELiGHT

It appears they (and the other dealers) only ship the six disks that are common to every system.

The 'modules' disk can be downloaded from the Hyperion site, after you register with the serial number found on the ROM sticker.
Old 10 January 2019, 06:04   #24
n9yty

I actually got ahold of Hyperion to clarify for myself, and they said that it is not part of the physical distribution. So I don't *think* it is reseller-realted, I think it is what Hyperion is distributing or having them distribute.

The only thing is that when I bought the two A1200 packages, I asked about a digital download and was told it wasn't included. I think there was some confusion, or maybe I asked incorrectly, so I bought a digital copy from Hperion.

After the purchase, I realized that the two physical copies each included a digital copy, and so I emailed Hyperion. To their credit, they refunded me the cost of the digital purchase without question. That is great customer service.

Oh, and back to Amiga On the Lake, they also responsed quickly to my quesiton about the Modules disk, saying that since you are buying a physical kickstart ROM, the modules are in there, so you wouldn't need one. And yes, it is in the digital download if you want it.

All in all, I think I was treated very well by both companies and I have no hard feelings about it at all.
Old 10 January 2019, 17:37   #25
LieutLaww

You don't need the Modules disk as afaik the things on it are on the ROMS you get
Old 01 April 2019, 01:42   #26
nlandas

I've ordered 3 times from Amiga on The Lake and each time everything was shipped quickly. Of course it was all in stock - they ran out of labels for 3.1.4 but shipped me the ROMs and disks until they could get me the new labels with code from Hyperion.

I know this is resolved now but if AOL didn't ship, it's because of something out of their control. Now as for charging the CCs immediately, they should update their sales system to not do that when an item is on order/out of stock.

-Nyle
Old 14 July 2019, 02:34   #27
number6

@thread

show info and utube vids

Covered at the show: AmigaOS, MorphOS, AROS, Classic, etc.
Everyone got along fine. Go figure.