English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 08 January 2010, 21:31   #1
Heula

Player manager savings

I'm playing player manager again after 20 years.
I have installed the whdload version and I can save the game in the game and with the F12 button and go to Misc - save state. The game is saving fine but I have one problem. I would like to save this game to a my savedisk in DF0 because I would like to import my team in kick off 2.
How can I save my game to the savedisk in DF0? It is now saved where???
Old 08 January 2010, 21:44   #2
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heula View Post
How can I save my game to the savedisk in DF0? It is now saved where???
You expect a WHDLoad patch to save your game to a disk in DF0:?!? I'm sorry, but I don't know what to say... Anyway, if you want to transfer your savedisk to a real disk just use a tool such as TSgui and write the "disk.2" file to disk.
Old 09 January 2010, 11:05   #3
Heula

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
You expect a WHDLoad patch to save your game to a disk in DF0:?!? I'm sorry, but I don't know what to say... Anyway, if you want to transfer your savedisk to a real disk just use a tool such as TSgui and write the "disk.2" file to disk.
Thanks, that worked.
Old 09 January 2010, 12:08   #4
Heula

One little problem.

I have saved a game with save state option and when I load this one and save it in the game itself it is not saved to disk.2
I know this because on this disk.2 there was another saving which was not displayed when I loaded this save state in Winuae.
Is there a way to save this saving to the disk.2 or get this somehow on a disk so I can import it in ko2?
Old 09 January 2010, 13:15   #5
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
I have saved a game with save state option and when I load this one and save it in the game itself it is not saved to disk.2
I know this because on this disk.2 there was another saving which was not displayed when I loaded this save state in Winuae.
Is there a way to save this saving to the disk.2 or get this somehow on a disk so I can import it in ko2?
I don't know why you use WinUAE's save state feature to save/load when the WHDLoad patch supports load/save. If you save your game the normal way there is no problem. Remember that you have to quit the game using the WHDLoad quit key, otherwise nothing will be saved (if you don't use the "NoWriteCache" option).
Old 09 January 2010, 13:34   #6
Heula

Quote:
I don't know why you use WinUAE's save state feature to save/load when the WHDLoad patch supports load/save. If you save your game the normal way there is no problem. Remember that you have to quit the game using the WHDLoad quit key, otherwise nothing will be saved (if you don't use the "NoWriteCache" option).
Well I'm just trying things out and I guess I wanted to be sure the game was saved so I think I first saved it with the save state option and then with the normal save option.
Now I know better but I have to start all over and is the gamesave with my brilliant team in it gone and useless.

What is this "NoWriteCache" and where can I set this option?
Old 09 January 2010, 13:43   #7
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
What is this "NoWriteCache" and where can I set this option?
NoWriteCache is a WHDLoad option, you can set it f.e. in the icon tooltypes. If you do so, saving a game will require quite a bit of time due to necessary OS swaps so I don't recommend that you use it, using the quit key to quit the game is the better option.
Old 09 January 2010, 13:54   #8
Heula

Quote:
NoWriteCache is a WHDLoad option, you can set it f.e. in the icon tooltypes. If you do so, saving a game will require quite a bit of time due to necessary OS swaps so I don't recommend that you use it, using the quit key to quit the game is the better option.
Oké that is what I always do to return to my Amigasys 4 setup.