English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 20 July 2003, 11:11   #1
lee uk

Gravity Power-PD???????

i just been looking at the top 100 amiga power games ever from some website......gravity power was 2nd i think....ive never heard of it but have since found out that its a PD game.

Has anybody got this...knows where to get it.....or even tell me if its any good..lol

thx for any help...appreciated as always
Old 20 July 2003, 11:47   #2
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Gravity Power was a special Amiga Power version of Gravity Force 2 (which had also appeared on AP's coverdisks).

It's great - a multiplayer Thrust clone with loads of options and stuff like a level editor.

It's on AP issue 50 coverdisk 2, which is in the Zone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gravitypower.gif
Views:	400
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	5412  
Old 20 July 2003, 12:01   #3
lee uk

hey..thx for the quick reply..and the nice pic....cheers mate

dont suppose u have heard of one called "kill the prez" ????

prolly PD again??

thx for the upload too
Old 20 July 2003, 12:17   #4
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

I'm almost certain Kill The Prez doesn't exist - it was a joke entry in the sixth AP Top 100.

AP had done an article about conspiracies and JFK in a recent issue...
Old 20 July 2003, 17:07   #5
lee uk

lol..thx again for the reply...and ill take your word for the "joke"

cheers mate
Old 17 August 2003, 21:16   #6
Titler
Zone Friend

Just to confirm...

"Kill The Prez" was indeed a feature sent in by one of the regular readers of AP... 'Reader Millington'. His Amiga Power (but 2!) page can be seen here;
http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/ap2/
"KTP" was in a similar style, with some very poor pictures; and was inspired by the AP JFK Assasination Special Cody refers too...
He also did joke articles on how to upgrade your Amiga (by shoving more silicon, that is handfuls of dirt, into your Amiga trapdoor) as I recall. If you really want to see it, I'll scan in the article from my original magazine...

The Gravity Power Level Editor appears on Disc 2 of AP53 if you are interested in making your own levels, btw!
Old 26 August 2003, 21:54   #7
Marlon

Could someone please kindly put Gravity Power in the Zone again? I missed it first time around
Old 26 August 2003, 21:58   #8
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

In the Zone!
Old 26 August 2003, 22:20   #9
Marlon

Got it! Many thanks
Old 27 August 2003, 01:09   #10
S. Campbell

Re: Just to confirm...

Quote:
Originally posted by Titler
"Kill The Prez" was indeed a feature sent in by one of the regular readers of AP... 'Reader Millington'. His Amiga Power (but 2!) page can be seen here;
AP2 was nothing to do with Mil. But "Kill The Prez" was a joke, yes.
Old 31 August 2003, 18:23   #11
Titler
Zone Friend

Argumentative as ever, eh Stu? :-)

I didn't say AP2 was written in any way by Mills, but he DOES have a special AP2 page; I didn't link directly to it, but here it is in full...

Reader Millington
Tenure: AP49-AP65
Designation: Despatcher Of Ridiculously Lengthy Letters And/Or Amusing Articles To Forestall Vacuuming The House Of Champions
Spiral tangentially to Mills' House of Apology <http://www.wlv.ac.uk/~in5185/>.

I own a PC.
It's a P166 MMX; which officially makes it a huge, ninja, blazing babe-magnet of a machine. It is very fine indeed, does almost everything I ask of it, and will slip into being a risible anachronism at breakneck speed unless I throw upwards of two hundred pounds at it on pretty much a monthly basis.
"That's all very arousing," you are saying, "but what does it have to do with AMIGA POWER and Jonathan Nash's proto-stalker?" Adding, after a moment's thought, "And what's that I just said about a stalker?" Well, in a sense, the things are as intertwined as the copulating snakes meanly separated by Teiresias (to his cost, eh? Eh?) The gifted perseverance, the dogged ingenuity, the obsessive cunning of Jonathan's proto-stalker (oh, ask him, if you're that interested <../comments/JN/Mills_and_a_stalker.html>) is what the Amiga was all about. AMIGA POWER used to champion the skilful programming of Amiga games against the 'throw money at it', 'they'll upgrade to play', 'all flash and no substance' approach of the PC world. Until this became deeply tiresome - and therefore solely the prerogative of Amiga Format - and also, with the appearance of some gameplay-heavy PC titles, well, 'bollocks', frankly. Yet, it remains, that the specific type of personality disorder which drives Jonathan's approaching nemesis also fuelled the Amiga phenomenon, AMIGA POWER, and much more besides.
Truly, the Amiga was the Norman Bates computer. A focus for the young (men, let's be honest) who were, not just prepared, but eager to spend all the precious years of their youth shut up in darkened, tissue-strewn bedrooms, in an attempt to make a sprite move a bit more smoothly or a background scroll the tiniest bit faster. Anal, compulsive, disturbed and fixated to the last synapse. And AMIGA POWER was the distilled essence of this spirit. Written by anarchistic, pedantic, iconoclastic, conspiracy-theory formulating cineastes suffering from violent mood swings and a firearms fetish - for themselves alone (full of jokes so 'in' that it was doubtful whether even the person across the desk from the writer got a good deal of them). It was serial killer material at critical mass. In brief, it was the flagship of the stuff which has driven humankind since we had thumbs.
Only AMIGA POWER-style self-absorption, conviction and creepy-kid-who-lives-with-his-Aunt logic can explain how we got here. Fire, for example. Every tried that rotating a pointed stick in a hole surrounded by dry grass, olde worlde Zippo thing? How long before you said "Oh, bugger this"? And you knew it would make fire; imagine the mind of the man who would do it, skin shredding off his palms, for forty-five minutes just to see what, if anything, would happen. That's the founder of civilisation, that is.
Once you start to think about it, it becomes obvious that all great leaps in science, technology, philosophy, music and other stuff must have been made the AMIGA POWER way. Yet it took AMIGA POWER to highlight this. And provide a name for it. Obviously. The Amiga, AMIGA POWER and the great landmarks of human discovery and achievement - they are all one and the same. Sadly, the Rutger that burns twice as brightly burns half as long. The PC and a different, easy and dilute, philosophy now hold the stage, but in the years to come, the period of AMIGA POWER's ascendancy will come to be looked upon as, in a very real sense, The Mid Nineties.
Old 09 September 2007, 15:28   #12
Old Fool
Zone Friend

This game has good reviews in Amiga Lemon. I'm bit late for this so could it be zoned once again?

Those Thrust based shooters are quite nice. Gravity Force is one of the best and a Finnish "Turbo Raketti" is also great!
Old 09 September 2007, 15:44   #13
Old Fool
Zone Friend

Oh never mind. I got it from here:

http://amigacoverdisks.emuunlim.com/...igaPower.shtml

Issue 50...
Old 09 September 2007, 22:50   #14
Galaxy

And it's available here too: http://amr.abime.net/issue_50_coverdisks
Old 10 September 2007, 11:55   #15
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titler View Post
slightly OT, but i hadnt realised this page was still online

i'll try and dig this up:

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/ap2/stars/italian.html

from my original floppy disks if anyone is interested? i had a look through AMR and am sure the "in the style of..." special is in AP53, but alas those pages are not scanned

its not as good as they made it sound btw... lol
Old 10 September 2007, 12:37   #16
alkis21
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to alkis21
Has anyone managed to install it to the hard disk? I tried to but failed...
Old 10 September 2007, 14:36   #17
Graham Humphrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Horace View Post
i'll try and dig this up:

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/ap2/stars/italian.html

from my original floppy disks if anyone is interested?
Yes, please do