English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 17 May 2016, 11:26   #21
paulo_becas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post

...anyone has the right to call you dishonest.
Do you know me from anywhere? Until you do please try to control your coments about me. It's easy to hide behind a keyboard.
If you feel threatened in any way with this adapter that was not my intention and you don't have to.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 17 May 2016, 11:31   #22
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
The rules may be different in Portugal, but due to the small size of this project, I don't think buyers should need to worry much about that.
The WEEE rules are equal in all European countries: If you import or manufacture electronics, you need to be properly registered. I don't even see the WEEE symbol, let alone a CE symbol.

Paulo: We haven't met, that's correct. I don't feel threatened at all - I just want to point out WHY your product is so much cheaper: You are violating a few laws here. Complying with common rules that usually apply to *everyone* will of course make the thing more expensive - not your goal, I understand that.

In essence, you're making clear that a legal product for just under 30,- EUR is well worth the money.

Jens
Old 17 May 2016, 11:34   #23
roomeo

@jens

You should be very careful calling people dishonest.. keep in mind you are selling rapidroad without informing customers about the crippled driver/hardware..

Shame.
Old 17 May 2016, 11:45   #24
ptyerman

Here we go again! As soon as someone tries to do something useful for Amiga land, the usual suspects pipe in. A bit of the kettle calls pot, why can't everyone just get on?
Old 17 May 2016, 11:49   #25
dirkies
Zone Friend

yeah, seems good intentions don't survive long here...
Old 17 May 2016, 11:51   #26
paulo_becas

Not everyone wants to get rich with the amiga. Just want to help out with alternatives.
Is that wrong?
Old 17 May 2016, 11:53   #27
roomeo

I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist.
Old 17 May 2016, 11:56   #28
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptyerman View Post
Here we go again! As soon as someone tries to do something useful for Amiga land, the usual suspects pipe in. A bit of the kettle calls pot, why can't everyone just get on?
It is great when someone creates new Amiga hardware, but things should be done properly, so violating copyrights and using other people's design without due credit is not the way to go. Just see what happened to the Cortex Gotek project. I'm not saying this is the case here, but better be open about it or it will feed the discussion.
Old 17 May 2016, 11:57   #29
ptyerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomeo View Post
I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist.
Can't fault you, it is hard to keep quiet on here sometimes.
Old 17 May 2016, 11:58   #30
Immortal

the majorarity of eab members tend do criticize, instead of seeing that someone in the community its only trying to help others, by offering an more affordable option that simply does the job for the average user. If you want high end devices please buy somewhere else.

anyways thanks you all for the feedback and to clear any future doubts, we have just updated the original news post with more complementary information:

"The adapter is 100% domestic manufacture and is based on Cocolino, working only with USB mice compatible with PS2 protocol."

"This adapter is not designed to compete with the RYS or Jerry, besides these dont fit underneath the plug compartment of a atari st and sensibly costing twice as much, the jpmouse only supports mice using the PS2 protocol , USB HID devices are not compatible ."

in: http://www.retromania.pt/cms/2016/05...e-in-portugal/
Old 17 May 2016, 12:02   #31
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Great - thanks. Now if you also give due credit to the original authors of the MCU code, everyone will be happy.

Hint: If you want to avoid falling under WEEE regulations, offer your product as solder-it-yourself-kit. If you offer a working-out-of-the-box product like you do now, you must be WEEE registered.

Jens
Old 17 May 2016, 12:08   #32
Locutus

Thanks for updating the description.

No malice was intended with my comments, i just felt it should be fair that this is pointed out.

One of the primary reasons for people dropping Amiga quickly is frustration, and finding out your random USB mouse isn't working is frustrating. If you are told what items you need this is totally different.

Lets keep things fun ;-)
Old 17 May 2016, 12:08   #33
ptyerman

I don't even see what all the hoo-haa was about anyway. It clearly states on the web site it's based on a open source design, and source files only have to be provided on request, NOT supplied with the device.
Plus, any body with common sense will know only PS/2 protocol mice are supported, it stands to reason, UNLESS something specifically says otherwise anyway.
Old 17 May 2016, 12:19   #34
paulo_becas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Great - thanks. Now if you also give due credit to the original authors of the MCU code, everyone will be happy.

Hint: If you want to avoid falling under WEEE regulations, offer your product as solder-it-yourself-kit. If you offer a working-out-of-the-box product like you do now, you must be WEEE registered.

Jens
Noted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutus View Post
Thanks for updating the description.

No malice was intended with my comments, i just felt it should be fair that this is pointed out.

One of the primary reasons for people dropping Amiga quickly is frustration, and finding out your random USB mouse isn't working is frustrating. If you are told what items you need this is totally different.

Lets keep things fun ;-)
But still words should be chosen more carefully.
Old 17 May 2016, 13:09   #35
Immortal

Quote:
I don't even see what all the hoo-haa was about anyway. It clearly states on the web site it's based on a open source design, and source files only have to be provided on request, NOT supplied with the device.
Plus, any body with common sense will know only PS/2 protocol mice are supported, it stands to reason, UNLESS something specifically says otherwise anyway.
thanks for your comment, our point exactly
Old 17 May 2016, 13:12   #36
Leffmann

Jöns Schönfeld calling someone else dishonest. Now I've seen everything.

Don't let his comments discourage you in any way. Keep up the good work guys!

Quote:
Well said.
Old 17 May 2016, 13:17   #37
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leffmann View Post
Jöns Schönfeld calling someone else dishonest. Now I've seen everything.

Don't let his comments discourage you in any way. Keep up the good work guys!
no way jose, thanks for your support
Old 17 May 2016, 14:23   #38
Allen1

A lot of this looks like sour grapes about a reasonable priced product is making me more likely to purchase a one of these mouse adapter or maybe 2 just for the hell of it. What you get is a reasonably priced device that allows you to use certain types of USB mice on a small circuit board, so why all the bitching, its good to see people making things for us Amiga users at pretty reasonable prices. Thank goodness for people like these who are making the adapters and Kipper2k and a lot of others who make things that are very good AND affordable for our Amiga's.

Keep on making these mice adapters, most of us just want a mouse to do what an ordinary Amiga mouse would do, if it can do anything else then that is a bonus.

This is a much moderated version of what I was going to post
Old 17 May 2016, 14:48   #39
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen1 View Post
A lot of this looks like sour grapes about a reasonable priced product is making me more likely to purchase a one of these mouse adapter or maybe 2 just for the hell of it. What you get is a reasonably priced device that allows you to use certain types of USB mice on a small circuit board, so why all the bitching, its good to see people making things for us Amiga users at pretty reasonable prices. Thank goodness for people like these who are making the adapters and Kipper2k and a lot of others who make things that are very good AND affordable for our Amiga's.

Keep on making these mice adapters, most of us just want a mouse to do what an ordinary Amiga mouse would do, if it can do anything else then that is a bonus.
We subscribe every single word you just wrote. Thank you so much for your support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen1 View Post
This is a much moderated version of what I was going to post
i hear ya
Old 17 May 2016, 15:17   #40
dirkies
Zone Friend

But to Jens' defense, all what he said was correct and civilised. Don't distort his valid remarks by attacking him over an unrelated issue.
AdSense AdSense