English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 12 January 2007, 03:15   #1
dochuge

Newbie Questions

Hey Guys,

I got this emulator working today, and having been an Amiga lover for many years now (since the late 80's), I am much impressed with it! But I seem to be having some probs, have gone to numerous sites, and haven't been able to find the answers to my questions:

1) How do I get a virtual little mouse arrow for Amiga games that support the mouse, when I click the windows arrow in the screen it just disappears, I tried different inputs but nothing seems to be working, I would like to use a mouse/keyboard combo

2) how to save games?, now I really looked hard, I don't know how to back out of a program to create a savestate

Other than that I'm surprised at how easy this emu is to operate and how bugfree it is. Thanks.

Old 12 January 2007, 08:23   #2
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Heys Dochuge,

Welcome to the EAB, I am sure you will like it here..

Now lets see....

1. virtual mouse dissapering / not showing.

I had this problem with an OLD version of WinUAE and a sus gfx card, currently there is version 1.3 available, what version are you running?

what are you computer specs might also help diagnosing this probelm.

2. Saving ones game..

without using save states, what you need to do in the winuae menu <<floppy drive>> is to create a flopy disk (this creates a virtual disk ADF) from this you mount it into say drive DF0, this is now accessed by the application as though its a disk and and hence saves etc.....
Old 12 January 2007, 12:09   #3
P-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochuge
1) How do I get a virtual little mouse arrow for Amiga games that support the mouse, when I click the windows arrow in the screen it just disappears, I tried different inputs but nothing seems to be working, I would like to use a mouse/keyboard combo
Which version of WinUAE are you using? This should just 'happen'. Can you see the Amiga side mouse pointer at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochuge
2) how to save games?, now I really looked hard, I don't know how to back out of a program to create a savestate
I think Zetro got the wrong end of the stick here, either that or I did. To answer your question the way I see it, just press F12 in game to get to the WinUAE menu, go to 'Misc' near the bottom and select 'Save State'. You must put the statefile somewhere manually. WinUAE has a default directory for this, which you can change in the 'paths' tab at the top.
Old 12 January 2007, 14:18   #4
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Heys P-J,

I just offered another method of saving the game buy using an adf virtual disk as opposed to a save state method in winuae.

by using this adf, you can put this over to an actual amiga and from that copy over to a real floppy disk... thus you can then use your save on the real hardware as well as the emulator
Old 12 January 2007, 18:22   #5
dochuge

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the replies. I believe I am using the latest version of this emulator. I played around with it last night and SOME games do give me a virtual mouse (Castle 2), some games don't (ie. Cadaver). Not sure why or if I did something differently. I'm not even sure if Cadaver even supports the mouse or not, seems like it should (I remember playing it on Amiga 500 way back when, one of my all-time faves).

Old 12 January 2007, 18:30   #6
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Cadaver is controlled by the joystick, it never was mouse controlled.
Old 12 January 2007, 19:07   #7
Paul
RIP Friends

Thread moved to New to Emulation / Amiga scene