English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 06 October 2016, 10:19   #1
jarre

Gateway Y (one of the most rare games)

I'm Looking Gateway Y (one of the most rare games) for the Amiga, i once owned the game but gave away the original to Quartex for cracking it, but i never heard from them again. The game looked like a Space Harrier clone. I found a picture from the disk so i know that there are more originals arround and it wasn't a demo. Who knows the game, and who has the orignal disks to make a kryoflux image of the protected second data-disk

Attachment 50315

Last edited by jarre; 18 November 2020 at 13:12.
Old 09 November 2016, 09:37   #2
jarre

still nobody with a any information on this game..?, seems this member told he had Gateway Y and Worldwide Hunting...

Attachment 50768

Last edited by jarre; 18 November 2020 at 13:12.
Old 09 November 2016, 17:38   #3
brolly

Try sending him a pm.

I tried contacting Worldwide Hunting creator a while back and also asked if he had any info about Gateway Y, but unfortunately he never got back to me.
Old 14 November 2016, 09:38   #4
jarre

sended him allready a PM, but i don't know if he is still active here. Would be nice if he can supply a copy of the original discs.
Old 14 November 2016, 12:09   #5
brolly

Last Activity: 02 September 2011 14:09

Seems he isn't
Old 02 August 2017, 18:49   #6
jarre

strange nobody seems to have a copy left of this mega-rare game
Old 02 August 2017, 23:28   #7
spudje

It's "mega-rare" for a reason isn't it :P
Old 03 August 2017, 05:25   #8
brolly

Seems like you shouldn't have gave away your originals
Old 07 August 2017, 01:42   #9
jarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by brolly View Post
Seems like you shouldn't have gave away your originals
you're right, but it can't be i had the only original...so start a big search for this game,,,,there should be more copies around. So everybody who knows something about this game like programmers, Musicians, gfx artists and copy protectors, the first disc is unprotected, lets get this community stand up for one of the most rare games (a space harrier like game) to add forever and ever
Old 08 August 2017, 11:45   #10
brolly

Unfortunately this seems to be one of those impossible to find games, which is kinda normal for Golem games. Worldwide Hunting is also still MIA.
Old 11 August 2017, 13:46   #11
jarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudje View Post
It's "mega-rare" for a reason isn't it :P
what do you mean...
Old 11 August 2017, 16:11   #12
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarre View Post
what do you mean...
That nobody has it as far as we know!
Shouldn't have sent it over :/
Old 12 August 2017, 10:20   #13
jarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
That nobody has it as far as we know!
Shouldn't have sent it over :/
there should be someone who has it, my disks where not the only ones..!!!!
Old 12 August 2017, 16:42   #14
Amiga1992

Probably not, but I'm sure whatever we can't find ended in a dumpster somewhere.
There's a lot of seemingly impossible t find software, and this is the only explanation I can find for it.
Old 13 August 2017, 21:56   #15
butfluffy

the sad thing is that if someone has any of these rare games in a shoe box in the loft for example then the chances are the disks have been in that shoe box a very long time and the owner has no desire to look through his or her old amiga stuff or join this forum.
i guess when these very old rare games turn up it's sometimes by chance and mostly dedicated people always keeping an eye out for MIA games to buy copy and release here and other dedicated amiga sites.
the biggest worry is if any of these game disks still exist in peoples lofts and so on then what condition are they in and how much longer are they still usable if at all.
Old 13 August 2017, 22:55   #16
jarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by butfluffy View Post
the sad thing is that if someone has any of these rare games in a shoe box in the loft for example then the chances are the disks have been in that shoe box a very long time and the owner has no desire to look through his or her old amiga stuff or join this forum.
i guess when these very old rare games turn up it's sometimes by chance and mostly dedicated people always keeping an eye out for MIA games to buy copy and release here and other dedicated amiga sites.
the biggest worry is if any of these game disks still exist in peoples lofts and so on then what condition are they in and how much longer are they still usable if at all.
i got them in 1991 in my hands.....but it was impossible for me to crack the second data disk, i made it playable with mouse because the first disk was normal dos, i know from back then some guy from nijmegen (twilight member) looked at it and he told me it wasn't possible because of the free mem to load data could not be a normal lenght, after visiting him at home i got back the disk, and i decided to send it to Quartex, after that we never heard of it anymore...it's a shame those originals are lost, it was a pretty nice game to see, looks like space harrier, so the only thing i can think of Kupke had some copyright problems with space harrier makers, because direct after the release they came with the hunting package
Old 14 August 2017, 13:12   #17
butfluffy

you never know, it might show up at some point. i had lost hope for daffy duck on the C64 but then the guy who made it came through so good things do happen sometimes in the retro gaming world
Old 14 August 2017, 21:46   #18
Crown
Demoscener

Might be worth trying to find the people behind the publishing company (Golem) as it is likely they'll have preserved some of the games which they published.

At least I would guess so.
Old 16 August 2017, 00:06   #19
jarre

who knows, which programmers where using the extra long track format as used on world wide hunting..???? seems the put a switch in the drive to make the drive spin slower and writing more data on one track....the golden gate crew never made Gateway Y, so i need to know and understand who and which games also used this format..??? my search will continue.................................
Old 16 August 2017, 00:16   #20
DamienD
Banned

I'm sure if someone had the original disks then numerous EAB crackers / coders could do the business. It's nothing that they haven't deal with before

...the problem is finding someone who actually still has the disks