English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 01 April 2011, 03:42   #1
predcon

Support/Default Profiles for Competition Pro USB?

I'm currently awaiting delivery of a Competition Pro Gold USB (also available in Classic, for those interested), and I'd like to know if support and/or default profiles are in the works for future releases of WinUAE? Of note is the four axes for eight directions, and four fire buttons, and auto-fire switch.

Old 01 April 2011, 06:20   #2
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Maybe you should ask Toni to include lag in the emulator so it can be in time with the famous delay of these Competition Pro USB sticks.
Old 01 April 2011, 06:43   #3
predcon

Delay? That doesn't sound good. That's something I'd like to have know about before buying it, as the reviews I'd read hadn't mentioned anything about it. What causes the delay? Is there third-party/community software that can fix it? Is the delay present in WinXP or Windows Vista/7?

[EDIT]
After some searching, it seems the majority of those experiencing lag are those using the initial release of the Competition Pro USB stick, WinXP, and the complaints are dated in the year 2005. WinUAE has gone through some hefty changes in the past six years, and so has USB tech. I imagine the Comp Pro USB has gone through a few changes in that time as well, as far as internal hardware and software goes.

Old 01 April 2011, 07:15   #4
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

The lag is famous, search EAB you will find posts from late 2010 reporting the lag issue as well as the poor quality of these Competition Pro Sticks. I hope for your sake they sorted it but these things came out in 2004, and if people are reporting the problem in 2010 it doesnt look like anything has been fixed.

Personally I have a retroDonald adapter and use my old joysticks without any issues.

http://www.retro-donald.de/pages/usb...ickadapter.php
Old 01 April 2011, 08:44   #5
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

It does not need any special support or profiles.