English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga File Server

Old 05 October 2010, 20:56   #1
Allen1

Problem with Amiga ClassiX 4

The 2 files I mention below on the server, are as far as I can tell the same. When they are opened and the ISO that is contained is burned to disk, it is unusable. All the files are there but are not being seen, if you use PowerISO on the ISO that was extracted, you can extract the files and burn them to a CD or just run them from where you saved them to.

Home /Misc/Various/PC
Amiga ClassiX 4 (2004)(Darkage Software).7z

Home /CD/AmigaCD/Compilation/Amiga Classix (Epic)
Amiga ClassiX 4 - Magnussoft - 2004.rar

1,2 and 3 Amiga classiX are OK

Maybe a note in the directories would be handy to let anyone else know how to get to the files (or re-doing them if someone is keen), these are great disks apart from that little problem
Old 05 October 2010, 21:02   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Thanks Home /Misc/Various/PC version removed, contents text moved and note about PowerISO (until someone 'remakes' it) added.
Old 05 October 2010, 22:49   #3
Allen1

Cheers TCD, its amazing what there is on the server, talk about being spoiled for choice
Old 05 October 2010, 23:09   #4
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Thanks to all the people who have uploaded stuff there's quite something on it now
Old 06 October 2010, 01:07   #5
MethodGit

Are you sure there's a problem with the ISO? IsoBuster and UltraISO both read it fine, and it mounts okay with Daemon Tools also. What did you burn the CD with originally, Allen?
Old 06 October 2010, 12:34   #6
Allen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodGit View Post
Are you sure there's a problem with the ISO? IsoBuster and UltraISO both read it fine, and it mounts okay with Daemon Tools also. What did you burn the CD with originally, Allen?
Hiya MethodGit,

I used Nero 7 to burn the ISO to CD, it should have created a readable CD like all the other ISO's but alas it doesn't. All the files are contained in the ISO and can be seen and saved with PowerISO but in normal use that isn't happening when you burn the ISO to a disk.

Under normal conditions, no-one would be using IsoBuster or UltraISO etc as they would simply have burned the image to a CD as I did and then use the program or installer etc off the disk as intended.

I have checked the file system on the CD's that these 2 ISO's were used on and the system is RAW instead of CDFS which basically is the problem. Somewhere along the line when these were ripped, the ISO must have been changed to RAW instead of the normal CDFS. The easiest way of seeing what I mean is to burn a disk and see what happens, I normally use Nero, Clone CD or Alcohol for burning depending on the file, it was Nero in this case

If it had been just the one version, I would have maybe thought it was a bad download and tried again, but both copies are the same. Maybe some form of protection on the original CD? that is just guessing, but it is another possibility.
Old 06 October 2010, 13:14   #7
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Its just a case of nero being thick. I used ultra iso to burn image and it came out fine .
Old 06 October 2010, 13:48   #8
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

So it's 2:1 for the image working now. I guess I'll remove the note then.
Old 06 October 2010, 15:03   #9
Allen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt View Post
Its just a case of nero being thick. I used ultra iso to burn image and it came out fine .
That's interesting, I just downloaded that and created another coaster. However when I used the program to convert the ISO to "Standard ISO" and save it, that saved version burned successfully and could be read, I didn't go any further to see if it installed though.

Either way you look at it, that ISO is non standard and needs an external program as in PowerISO and the likes to successfully adapt it before it can be used.
Old 06 October 2010, 16:11   #10
MethodGit

I could try a test burn with ImgBurn if that makes it any better. That's usually my burning program of choice.
Old 06 October 2010, 16:45   #11
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen1 View Post
Either way you look at it, that ISO is non standard and needs an external program as in PowerISO and the likes to successfully adapt it before it can be used.
Downloaded, mounted and it works fine here. Seems like it's PC only though and it does contain kickstart roms, so it's removed from the file server now. Will also check the other Magnussoft one now.
Old 06 October 2010, 18:10   #12
MethodGit

Oh for the love of....... It's a good thing I saved the bloody archive.
Old 06 October 2010, 18:48   #13
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Same for the other Magnussoft one. If someone *cough* has them, he might upload just the contents of the game, demo and manual folders of course
Old 06 October 2010, 19:25   #14
MethodGit

Is that a request for a butchered version I see? Well I might have to see what can be done , but I'll probs need to learn if it saves any unique settings to the registry and provide reg files if necessary.

All this aggro just because of one or two fracking files!
Old 06 October 2010, 19:29   #15
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

On second thought, there's not really something special on them anyway (except for the odd preinstalled HDF). Guess a 'butchered version' (i.e. keeping the frontend) isn't really needed. No aggro, but you know the deal here on EAB