English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 01 January 2019, 20:15   #1
Foebane

WinUAEConfigCompareTool v1.0

When I use WinUAE, I use eight "main" configurations that span the various specifications I use for Amiga hardware, with scope for "modified" configurations if none of the eight work by themselves. For most files I run, the eight are fine for folders that I can just run the files from (in a list), but many of them require specific FDD and HDD files that need their own configuration files, even if only the FDD/HDD contents change between each.

As a rule, I try to make sure that there are no other differences between the two versions of these eight configurations, so I wrote a little program yesterday that does the job for me, and I was surprised how easy it was.

This program takes one configuration file (for a list in a folder) and a folder filled with similar configuration files (used for FDD/HDD changes) and compares them to see if they match, of course excepting those lines in the configurations that are likely to change but comparing everything else. It lets me know what files don't match (if any).

As of this version, the downside is that all the files and folders to be checked are hard-coded, and a recompile is needed if any changes are to be made. The program is written in Free Pascal with the Lazarus IDE.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll attach the source code. And also let me know if I'm naughty for developing third-party software for WinUAE.