English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 19 August 2019, 15:45   #1
lost_lemming

Floppy disk Drawers not remembering where I placed Icons help!

OK I thought I had this sussed but apparently not.
How do you make it so you can tidy up icons to where you want them, or even drawers within drawers so next time I boot up my A1200 with the harddrive it remembers the positioning? It's very annoying.

I thought it was select all icons, then snapshot window or all, I tried them all but it still likes to shove apps I use way off the screen. I like to be able to fire up programs quickly and I can't when it moves them around
Old 19 August 2019, 15:49   #2
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_lemming View Post
OK I thought I had this sussed but apparently not.
How do you make it so you can tidy up icons to where you want them, or even drawers within drawers so next time I boot up my A1200 with the harddrive it remembers the positioning? It's very annoying.

I thought it was select all icons, then snapshot window or all, I tried them all but it still likes to shove apps I use way off the screen. I like to be able to fire up programs quickly and I can't when it moves them around
You probably do not have icons of the files, create icons of them in dopus and then snapshot, i think that should solve your problem
Old 19 August 2019, 18:15   #3
lost_lemming

that dope-us looks like a dope program! (pun intended! lol)

yeah so found out how to iconify files... How do I actually know when it's done it? cause all mine does is quit.... well not completely quit, it hides in the background with a "chip" bar that refuses to expand. I just quit dopus and it's done it?
Old 19 August 2019, 21:43   #4
paul1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_lemming View Post
that dope-us looks like a dope program! (pun intended! lol)

yeah so found out how to iconify files... How do I actually know when it's done it? cause all mine does is quit.... well not completely quit, it hides in the background with a "chip" bar that refuses to expand. I just quit dopus and it's done it?

I actually read 'dope' as 'good'. Then when you said pun intended I thought what pun? ...and had to reread it and then I saw it... it was dope and not good.

Anyway, I'd use swazinfo for the easiest. Install Swazinfo from aminet, then any drawers that aren't snapshotting are easy to fix. Select the misbehaving drawer, then select Icon Information from the Workbench menu:

Icons > Information...

Then when the info window comes up just hit save and save again when it asks whether to save an icon too.

http://aminet.net/package/util/wb/SwazInfo18b
Old 20 August 2019, 12:16   #5
lost_lemming

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul1981 View Post
I actually read 'dope' as 'good'. Then when you said pun intended I thought what pun? ...and had to reread it and then I saw it... it was dope and not good.

Anyway, I'd use swazinfo for the easiest. Install Swazinfo from aminet, then any drawers that aren't snapshotting are easy to fix. Select the misbehaving drawer, then select Icon Information from the Workbench menu:

Icons > Information...

Then when the info window comes up just hit save and save again when it asks whether to save an icon too.

http://aminet.net/package/util/wb/SwazInfo18b
Thanks I'll check it out when I get time after work