English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 16 January 2020, 01:24   #501
SpocksBeer

They've had the ability to pre-order removed from their page for a few weeks now. Not surprising I guess.

Has anyone seen any of the black version in the wild? I'm wondering if part of the hold up is in the "off black" keycaps - presumably a stuff up they've tried to rectify?
Old 21 January 2020, 01:14   #502
Acill
Tech Guru

Havent seen any black as of yet. I am also waiting on black, which I now regret if that is the hold up. Its also been a hold up on my kickstarter key sets. I just want a fresh keyboard at this point!
Old 21 January 2020, 03:45   #503
kipper2k

k, it pains me on the status of this project...
AOTL has the keycaps/switches and the mx boards. He has so much work on the go he is swamped. I will try and find another solution to speed this up a bit as progress is very slow and bad feelings are being generated

He has enough parts to complete all the preorders with many sets left over that could even be sold separately or just part bundles.

Mabbe i can cheer everyone up by just letting you know that we have a mega project on the go which i think 99% will love (i know we cant please everyone)

Regards

Brian
Old 21 January 2020, 04:23   #504
sean_sk
Gimmemore Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
or just part bundles.

I would love to just buy a kit and put it together myself, that's half the fun. If the guys at AOTL are being over-worked putting these things together, perhaps they should be offering unnassembled kits as an option for those that aren't afraid to do some soldering.
Old 21 January 2020, 04:43   #505
nikoskob

Kits would be nice
Old 21 January 2020, 05:56   #506
SpocksBeer

I asked AOTL about a kit and they said no. So...
Old 21 January 2020, 07:08   #507
TjLaZer

Man I would love to get 1 of these A500 keyboards. Hoping I am able to order one sometime.
Old 21 January 2020, 09:05   #508
Gardhul

What a beauty!
Old 21 January 2020, 20:01   #509
Mick

I've been waiting for the pre-order rush to die down and even I'm getting impatient. It really sounds like they've bit off more than they can chew but no surprise that these are so popular.
Old 22 January 2020, 19:52   #510
brett71

OK, now I'm really in a mental pickle...

These keyboards sound great and it's actually kinda exciting to hear that AOTL is assembling the keyboards, for those of us who lack the time and soldering skills to put these things together ourselves. However, I contributed to the Kickstarter for the keycaps campaign and have 3 sets of keycaps, intending on waiting for them to do a crowdfunding for new keyboards to match the keycaps.

Decisions, decisions.....

On a side note, I might be able to use one of the keycap sets on an A500 that I recently had come back to me, but haven't checked to see if the keyboard mechanicals are the right ones for the keycaps...
Old 22 January 2020, 22:13   #511
Acill
Tech Guru

Quote:
AOTL has the keycaps/switches and the mx boards. He has so much work on the go he is swamped. I will try and find another solution to speed this up a bit as progress is very slow and bad feelings are being generated

He has enough parts to complete all the preorders with many sets left over that could even be sold separately or just part bundles.

Mabbe i can cheer everyone up by just letting you know that we have a mega project on the go which i think 99% will love (i know we cant please everyone)

Regards

Brian
I've mentioned to AOTL that I was willing to help assemble them if he wanted it and to talk with me to go over the details and expectations, but havent heard back.
Old 24 January 2020, 07:21   #512
bvh2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acill View Post
Havent seen any black as of yet. I am also waiting on black, which I now regret if that is the hold up. Its also been a hold up on my kickstarter key sets. I just want a fresh keyboard at this point!
I'm also waiting for my black keyboard as well.
Old 29 January 2020, 18:23   #513
Gryfon

If new keyboards arrive and they work - plus if I can get my hands on one, then that's enough for me.

I understand lots of people have had to wait and that is unfortunate.

We are a niche market though.

If you're really into Amiga - whatever 'Amiga' means to you - and still are, here, now in 2020, then you're already waited for many things.

I for one don't mind waiting a little longer...

Quote:

Regards

Brian
Old 05 February 2020, 20:12   #514
ROM

Has anyone heard any updates on this? i'm looking to buy a 1200 and 500 keyboards and other stuff and there is no option to even put in the order. Seems like everything i'm looking to buy on their site doesn't have option to buy, just quick look option they don't have any stock it seems. Who's selling them outside of US can i get them there?
Old 05 February 2020, 21:02   #515
rlake
Hittin' the hardware...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryfon View Post
I for one don't mind waiting a little longer...
Well, there's waiting and then there's waiting with occasional updates; it's just courtesy. Since only the start of this year they're still advertising new products and commenting on FB, which I'm fine with on the whole... I really hope to see every small business succeed for our community but it's annoying they can keep up with demand for *everything else*/new customers but seemingly disregard these keyboards specifically.

The website (blog) hasn't been updated for ~6 months now so I'm actually wondering if they lost the login or something! 2019 year of growth, who knows about 2020...
Old 18 February 2020, 06:46   #516
rlake
Hittin' the hardware...

Some good news at last! My order shipped, I have a tracking number *and* it's one with black keys. The queue is moving!
Old 18 February 2020, 16:02   #517
gksonnier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlake View Post
Some good news at last! My order shipped, I have a tracking number *and* it's one with black keys. The queue is moving!

Would you mind sharing when you placed your order?
Old 18 February 2020, 16:47   #518
rlake
Hittin' the hardware...

Not at all, it was Oct 21st 2018 around 1pm Pacific. Probably well in the preorder noise, there's really no way to tell when it tailed.
Old 18 February 2020, 17:46   #519
Gryfon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlake View Post
Not at all, it was Oct 21st 2018 around 1pm Pacific. Probably well in the preorder noise, there's really no way to tell when it tailed.

Thanks for letting us know. Good to hear that people are receiving their keyboards. Hope that there will be a re-opening of orders soon.
Old 18 February 2020, 22:30   #520
EzdineG

New Cherry MX keyboards for the A500, A600 and A1200

I too have received a “shipped” email with tracking. My order was placed late October ‘18.

The tracking still says it’s just a printed label, so for now I’ll just remain optimistic. Will update the post when it’s en route.

Edit: Arrived. Have yet to test, but these look fantastic!

Last edited by EzdineG; 22 February 2020 at 13:04.