English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. System

Old Yesterday, 10:04   #3641
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
Correct, but you also said this:

That statement was a bit confusing, because the converted icons are not corrupted, they are OS 3.5 ColorIcons. I had to check whether there was something wrong with them.

I was referring to the DualPNG icons, if you look carefully at the icons you will notice that the icons after conversion with IconEdit 3.9 are less qualitative, they have some smudges in some cases more conspicuous, I enclose two exhaustive screenshots
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	71085   Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	71086  
Old Yesterday, 13:22   #3642
PeterK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
If you use the 3.9 IconEdit to change the type of an Aros icon to "Disk" then IconEdit will, of course, convert that into a pure OS 3.5 color mapped icon, no ARGB TrueColor image remains.
The 3.9 IconEdit cannot work with TrueColor images, the quality gets lost.

You could try other tools to change the icon type, like Report+ for example, but maybe not on Aros.
Old Yesterday, 19:45   #3643
AMIGASYSTEM

On OS3.9 or AfA One there are no problems and no quality loss if i use Icon Information, Report+ does not exist for AROS.

The initial problem was that the "disk icon" conversion made by Icon Information was not recognized by AROS x86, while the conversion made by IconEditito 3.9 was correct on AROS x86.

Sorry again for bothering you with my chatter!
Old Yesterday, 20:15   #3644
PeterK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
... Report+ does not exist for AROS.

The initial problem was that the "disk icon" conversion made by Icon Information was not recognized by AROS x86, while the conversion made by IconEditito 3.9 was correct on AROS x86.
IconEdit 3.9 does not exist on Aros x86 either.

I don't know whether some simple icon type programs are correctly adding a drawer data structure to a "Disk" icon when you convert them from "Tool" or "Project". If that is not done or checked for every "Disk", "Drawer" or "Trashcan" then the icon may get rejected by the OS, because without drawer data it's not a valid structure. Usually icon.library adds that automatically, I just don't know what Aros x86 and Icon Information are doing.

Last edited by PeterK; Yesterday at 20:41.
Old Yesterday, 23:50   #3645
AMIGASYSTEM

Unfortunately on AROS x86 there are not many tools to manage the Icons, there is only Processicon and IconPoser

IconPoser generates Dual-PNG Icons like those created on OS3 and therefore with the same problem, no "icon Disk" compatible with AROS x86

Processicon, I must be honest I didn't understand how to use it, on DOS commands sometimes I have difficulties.
Many developers do not write examples and then it becomes problematic for those who do not use a Shell, occorrerebbe una bella GUI

http://archives.aros-exec.org/index.....i386-aros.zip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IconPoser.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	71099