English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 23 January 2022, 18:27   #1
A1200_Tek

Hello from Arizona

Hey All,
I have most of my experiences with newer and older PCs. I've known about the Amiga for a long time but never got serious about learning it and getting my own hardware until not too long ago.
My first encounter with one was In 1991. An Army buddy of mine bought an A500 in Germany. He played Sid Meyers Pirates on it. At the time, I kinda dismissed it as a "Game Console" and didn't realize all of the other powerful things it could do. What did catch my attention was the quality of the built in stereo sound that my PX Bought Packard Bell had nothing close to.
Through the years, I checked out the sites and vendors for Amiga items but never quite "Bit". After, I figured the platform was an old novelty.
Fast forward 2018/19, started seeing the new "Accelerators', USB, Memory, Rapid Road, Grease Weasel etc and "NEW" revamped operating system that would unlock modern features.
i was Bit by the Amiga Bug!! I looked around Ebay and I found an unmodified pure white A1200 in the UK. It embarked on a 5,200 mile journey to my door step. I broke the seal on it and it was basic. No HDD and no trap door expansion. So far, I have added a 1233N, TF1260, MK3, OS 3.1.4 with ROMS and a CF Card.
Now, I will be getting OS 3.2 and ROMS. With Family commitments etc, It's been a slow process to master this system. I am using WinUAE more to learn and config virtually. The Zeb Elwood WHDload images have been really nice, just have to get the ROMS loaded in the Devs area properly.
Anyway, I'm grateful to be part of EAB..Cheers to all!!

Last edited by A1200_Tek; 23 January 2022 at 18:35.
Old 23 January 2022, 22:31   #2
Oriens

Welcome
Old 24 January 2022, 14:18   #3
khph_re

Great story!, welcome to the club A1200_Tek, hope your enjoying your Amiga experience.
Old 24 January 2022, 15:13   #4
chip

Welcome !