English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 29 June 2016, 22:44   #21
Gzegzolka

I'm waiting for Litil Divil and Flink because those games should have added intros long time ago.
Secret 3do project sounds interesting. I wonder what is it?
I'm waiting also for Great Giana Sister.
Last question, what improvements are planed for Ultimate Fighters collection? Could it be pad support?
Old 30 June 2016, 06:09   #22
earok

Great Giana Sisters is our priority right now. Every day we're inching a little bit closer to a release. Every graphic and sound effect will be replaced (music will remain as is), plus some minor textual and level layout tweaks.

I'm going to make a serious effort to get the Ultimate Fighters Collection out the door next month, it'll be much bigger than originally planned since I'm going to build a custom menu for it (non AGS) rather than use the simple 1-game-per-button thing. Tentatively planning 32, any special requests? Any game involving at least two people bashing each other will be considered

It will include vanilla Street Fighter 2 with the pad bugs fixed and pad selection for 1 or 2 players. For the most part there'll be no special pad mappings on the games other than say pause or quit.

We didn't make a cover for Flink / Litil Divil, it's actually Cobe's project and he prefers the CD sized ones (and since there's already CD sized covers for it..).

3D0 Project is nothing special, I started porting Plumbers Don't Wear Ties.
Old 19 July 2016, 09:36   #23
Amigajay

How's your collections coming along Earok?
Old 19 July 2016, 09:39   #24
earok

Slowly.. well actually not at all! I've been tied up lately, but the CD32 stuff should be rolling back along once we've got Giana SE out the door.
Old 19 July 2016, 09:45   #25
Amigajay

lol no worries, my stuff is coming along slowly too, with hot weather i don't really want to be sitting on a laptop!
Old 19 July 2016, 09:45   #26
earok

Haha. On the opposite side of the world here, in the cold weather I don't want to get out of bed!
Old 19 July 2016, 09:55   #27
Amigajay

hmm your 'cold weather' is more akin to our autumn!
I hope to get a couple of releases out this month before i go on holiday, they seem to be progressing at the same speed so ill probably release them at the same time hopefully after the weekend.
Old 23 July 2016, 21:01   #28
newflesh1

Do you think that maybe sometime in the future you guys could show us either in a tutorial or vid how you create these compilations and overcome the various problems that you encounter when creating them please
Old 10 August 2016, 14:32   #29
NeoHippie2016
Freak

Will the other titles listed above appear next year, at Pixelglass or never?
Old 11 August 2016, 03:32   #30
earok

Unofficial CD32 conversions will never appear at PixelGlass, they'll always be at cd32.co.uk. Since I've already made a lot of progress toward Gloom and Eric Schwartz collections I'll no doubt finish them at some point, but beyond that I won't be doing a lot of CD32 conversions.
Old 11 August 2016, 11:04   #31
Amigajay

Sorry to hear you are leaving the unofficial CD32 conversion scene Earok, you were a great help to me in getting a lot of my releases out so i thank you for that.

I hope you new en-devours in development bring many great new Amiga games, the first of which is showing early promise!
Old 17 August 2016, 14:50   #32
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by newflesh1 View Post
Do you think that maybe sometime in the future you guys could show us either in a tutorial or vid how you create these compilations and overcome the various problems that you encounter when creating them please
Hi, missed this post, I know Earok is busy with other en-devours now, and I'm not the right guy to do a tutorial as i needed help myself esp with my earlier discs. The best place to start is here http://www.amigapd.com/cd32.html
Get yourself the toolkit and follow that guide to get a working CD32 disc first and foremost and get used to ISOCD, once you have done that, what i did was get a ISO extractor for Windows/Mac to see how various CD32 disc layouts and startup sequences were done, and copy and paste re-burn the ISO with your changes and see how you get on.

That's how i got started, many times getting stuck along the way, but thanks to people like Earok, JOTD, Akira who helped sort issues out as you go along, there is no set problem with games, they all react differently to being loaded in ways they weren't designed to, some load first time no issues, others load after changing many things, others simply won't load at all!
Old 20 September 2016, 22:13   #33
newflesh1

Is it possible to create the menu,the games directories and all the assigns and such and test it on say an a1200 to see if everything works ok before authoring the cd?
Old 21 September 2016, 10:26   #34
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by newflesh1 View Post
Is it possible to create the menu,the games directories and all the assigns and such and test it on say an a1200 to see if everything works ok before authoring the cd?
I use Winuae as the Amiga environment (i.e A1200 plus 8mb ram) and test the disc using the CD32 configure, then burn a disc and test on real hardware if everything ok.
Old 26 September 2016, 16:42   #35
apex

Will the downloads stay, or should we make a backup?