English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 14 December 2017, 21:35   #201
AMIGASYSTEM

@ Sinphaltimus
I had already mentioned the problem on file config and I do not think it was a file protected by writing, i have solved "eliminating the text" and then pasting the text again, or by creating a new file.

@ Dunny
From how much time do not use IcarOS?
AdSense AdSense  
Old 15 December 2017, 00:25   #202
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
@ Sinphaltimus
I had already mentioned the problem on file config and I do not think it was a file protected by writing, i have solved "eliminating the text" and then pasting the text again, or by creating a new file.

@ Dunny
From how much time do not use IcarOS?
About 3 months ago. I have four laptops that I'd like to get the Amiga experience on. Amithlon is a no-go for all of them (they have too much RAM and no way to disable it) and AROS (IcarOS flavour) cannot use the correct screen resolution on any of them (1024x768 only, and they're all widescreen) and no 2D hardware acceleration either which means that even something as simple as dragging a window means you can watch it drawing the pixels as it updates.

IcarOS on a core i5 with 8GB of RAM takes about 6 minutes to boot, whereas Win10 takes about 2 minutes, and Amilator takes 35 seconds.

So I've moved over to Amilator, which is actually better than IcarOS.

And that means that I don't have to bother with AROS ever again - I have an actual Amiga (to all intents and purposes) now that's really, really fast.
Old 15 December 2017, 00:48   #203
AMIGASYSTEM

Also I have found my Amiga 4000/060 con AFA_OS ma AROS, if you have a PC with compatible hardware AROS it's very fast the system loads in a few seconds, OWB it's fast, you can watch Youtube videos directly, play with 3D games. I created my own configuration starting from the nightly builds, this:

[ Show youtube player ]
AdSense AdSense