English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 10 August 2001, 15:06   #1
Steve
Truth seeker...

Angry Has Anyone Completed Level 2 of Darkmere?

You are supposed find a guy who is supposedly your grandfather living in a tree somewhere on Level 2 of Darkmere. However I've been absolutely everywhere in the forest about 3 times over but I can't for the life of me find the old git. Has anyone actually found this guy?

Ps. Help

//admin: don't write direct signature ! use UserCP instead
Old 11 August 2001, 14:24   #2
Maverick357

I don't know if this can help you.
I don't have read because i want to play it and find the solution by myself.

I know how it can be frustrating when you cannot continue to play when you stay blocked with an enigma unsolved

DARKMERE

SOLVE

LEVEL 1

Ask the Blacksmith about the Ingots. Collect the Ingots and give them to him.
This will trigger a begar on Algan Street to give you the key to Granny's house later on in the game.

Get a Battle Axe from the Armourer. Give it to Dhobar who will let you pass over the bridge.

Ask the Armourer about the forest. Ask the Barbarian about the spider. Then ask the Armourer about the Inn Keeper.

Go to the Inn Keeper and ask him about Skullbuster and the Alchemist.

Collect all three potions and give them to the Alchemist. Take the Dewas herb and give it to the Inn Keeper. Take the Skullbuster brew from him.

Go to Algan Street and buy the key to Granny's house.

Go to Granny's house and ask her about the Gate Keeper.

Go back to the Inn Keeper and give the Skullbuster brew to the Gate Keeper's brother in room 038. He will then give you the password.

Go back to the start.

Go to the Temple and save the Druid from the Orcs. Then go back to the start to exit the level.

LEVEL 2

You must collect as much money as possible throughout this level as you will come across 4 bridge Guardians who require 10 gold pieces each.

Keep an eye out for skulls on the floor - they mark the entrances to various paths.

Kill and collect the rabbits - you will need them for the Spider's Glade.

Go and see your Grandfather - you will find him in a tree. Ask him for a password.

After this, go and see Malthar The Mage who lives in a house surrounded by quicksand. Have a word with him and he will then tell you to collect three items
- a Unicorn's Horn, some Dragon Bones and a piece of the mushroom Throne.

As soon as you have these three items, give them to Malthar and he will give you an incantation. He will also tell you to make your way to the stone circle. When you reach the circle, say the incantation and you will then exit the level.

LEVEL 3

Collect as much food and drink in order to maintain your strenght for the final battle - you will need it.

Find the Library and read one of the books - this will increase your knowledge.

Find the Orc Shamen and kill him - you will then be able to collect the Dagger of Fear.

Go to the cells and free all of the prisoners. One of the prisoners will be Uncle Bob - he will tell you the combination to the lift.

Find the lift and get into it.

Make your way to the Dragon's room. This is where Ebryn's mother Enywas, lies waiting for the final conflict.

Destroy all of the Dragon's along the way and then drink a strenght potion so that you will have the power to defeat Enywas and thus complete the game.
Old 12 August 2001, 21:42   #3
Akira

I never even got thru the first level,. I remember playing it for 40 minutes straight, then dying stupidly (WHY did the civilian got between my sword and the villain? :P) and having to restart it all over. I think that was the last time I played Darkmere :P I Should play it again, but it pisses me off taht I cant save at any point I want. I dont have the time to play it through in one go.
Old 13 August 2001, 14:34   #4
Steve
Truth seeker...

No Luck

Thanks Maverick357

But I've already seen that Darkmere guide on the G.A.G.E website. It doesn't tell you where the grandfather guy is it just tells you to find him in tree. Great help that is.. you're in sodding forest!!!

LOL

I'm sure there was a solution to the game with maps in an old British Amiga Mag like Amiga Power or Amiga Action. I'd love it if someone with these mags could please check for me.

As for Akira. You don't have to play it through in one go. You can save the game by going to the game menu and selecting the magic option. If you use the WHDLoad installer you can also save the game to the hard drive as well.

Good Luck

//admin: the next time someone post his signature here I frag him !
Old 13 August 2001, 21:22   #5
Akira

ARGH! What a fooL! I had no clue. THIS is what happens when you pirate games
Old 14 August 2001, 12:56   #6
Steve
Truth seeker...

Wink

LOL
Old 22 August 2001, 16:24   #7
Steve
Truth seeker...

Unhappy Guess no one has played this!

I'm still stuck. As a last gasp effort to progress in this game I have tracked down the designers web page and e-mailed him the question.
I hope I get a response from him.
Old 22 August 2001, 19:42   #8
Steve
Truth seeker...

Smile Woohoo

I got a reply from him!!! I've been chatting to him about Darkmere all day using e-mail. Great stuff. He's in America at the moment working on a PC game. He's not sure exactly where the grandfather is either though. So I guess there's not much hope for me if the games designer can't remember. Lol. He did give me a bit of info about an Elven Tree complex and a rope ladder to look for. It looks like the quest continues....
Old 22 August 2001, 22:27   #9
LordIvo

Exclamation

I've definitely solved level 2 an year ago, but can't remember (exactly) from top of my head where he was. I have a feeling that the place is in the outpost (top of the trees), but as I said not 100% sure. Maybe I got somewhere my save disk...

Here is of the screenshots I have, hope it will help

Actually I got stuck in the 4th level in very last room where is the dragon with its eggs and little flying bastards. Absolutely no chance to hit (reach) the dragon... Has anyone completed it ?
Old 22 August 2001, 22:29   #10
LordIvo

Here is the image

Removed screenshot

Last edited by Ian; 14 October 2001 at 21:37.
Old 23 August 2001, 13:09   #11
Steve
Truth seeker...

Smile Woohoo

That's it LordIvo. That's what I'm trying to find, the Outpost. Could you please manage to take a screenshot of the actual entrance to the Outpost. I think Mark Jones (designer) said it's a rope ladder attached to a tree somewhere. But I've looked everywhere for it. Can you remember roughly where it is. Which side of the river is it on? Is it anywhere near any of these features: Dragons Graveyard, Stone Circle, Spiders Glade? Thanks for your help LordIvo.
Old 23 August 2001, 13:36   #12
LordIvo

I think that you missed an well hidden entrance on south off "the bridge" roughtly 1-3 screens down from it. Keep looking on left side near trees where is a little path to the left. I presume that you haven't explored that area and there should be the "outpost"...

If you still have no luck, I'll load this location from my save disk (not sure if I still got it) sometime tonight and get you an screenshot of that location... :smoking
Old 23 August 2001, 13:46   #13
Steve
Truth seeker...

Sounds Interesting

Is it past the Bridge Gaurdian on the same side of the River as the Stone Circle. Just to make sure we're talking about the same directions I've added a little compass image showing the angle of the game screen. Is this the way you mean?

Removed Pic

Last edited by Ian; 14 October 2001 at 21:37.
Old 23 August 2001, 14:18   #14
LordIvo

Thumbs up

Yep... Its the south from Guardian Bridge, not sure how many screens down from there and that hidden entrance should be to the west.
Old 23 August 2001, 14:31   #15
Steve
Truth seeker...

Now I Remember

Yes I think I remember seeing something like that west entrance you speak of but I tried everything to get through it. I remember a rock blocking the way.
I won't be able to try it again until I get home tonight. Do you remember a rock blocking the path? Maybe there is something I need to do first but I've been everywhere else. I haven't found the Unicorn yet though. Should I of? I've been to the Dragons Graveyard past the Spiders Glade. So I've got around a bit.
Old 23 August 2001, 14:54   #16
LordIvo

Cool down a bit steve

I can't anwser all of your questions with any guarantee but I don't think about the rock blocking the path... That rock was If I'm not mistaken is at the beginning of this level. This should be an solid path with trees on your left where is a some not very visible detail pointing to that path...

In meantime I just loaded in WinUAE the Darkmere and it seems to have a save on 2nd level... Wait a minute for SCREENSHOT!
Old 23 August 2001, 15:15   #17
LordIvo

Lightbulb

Here is the shot of entrance and you can see that to the north is that bridge we been talking about

Removed screenshot

Last edited by Ian; 14 October 2001 at 21:38.
Old 23 August 2001, 15:16   #18
LordIvo

Here is wooden ladder to the "outpost"

Removed screenshot

Last edited by Ian; 14 October 2001 at 21:38.
Old 23 August 2001, 15:22   #19
LordIvo

Smile

After hidden passage go to the north on the first crossroad then after next turn to the west and go that way until you see that ladder... :smoking

Have a fun ! :gamer
Old 23 August 2001, 15:50   #20
Steve
Truth seeker...

Big grin THANKS

"Cool down a bit steve"

LOL. I got a bit carried away there. Thanks for the pics. I do recognise the location. Bloody hell I must have walked past that place about 10 times. It must be bloody well hidden. As for the rock I mentioned that's in a different place which looks like it has a path going west. I guess that is nothing then. I know you can't get past the big rocks at the start of the level. That's there to block the main route into the village so you're forced to explore the forest. Reaching the goodies on the other side of the wall of rocks is impossible. Mark put them there because he's Evil.
They're his very words not mine. Anyway I'll play it tonight when I get home. You've been extremely helpfull LordIvo so thanks very much. Looks like I'll be able to start playing it again thanks to you.
I'll ask Mark about killing the Dragon at the end of the game for you. Although I'm not sure I want to know.

Thanks again!!