English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.UAE Wishlist

Old 16 May 2005, 08:24   #1
pgf

Cool Some Thoughts

a couple of ideas for whomeever is doing the windows file system:
1: optiopnal setting (hey, this is still an Amiga, right?{g}) to follow Windows .lnk files as if they were Amiga soft/hard links.

2: Setting to allow the maximum filename length (I believe it is 107 characters, or thereabouts).

Also, on my system, no matter what the config, from UAE vanilla 3.1 to my hyped up 3.9 install, AWeb crashes not only itself, but UAE when it encounters some undesireable code: http://www.squadron.com will do it, for instance. Now, the crash is AWeb's fault, or Java's (it only seems to happn on Java pages that refer to an outside image; I determined the exact code that did this, but I put it in a 'safe place'....), but UAE's death at the same time is not.

Of course, it could be something weird in my system (I use WinME), or something odd in my ROM files, or.....

(your milage may vary)

Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone else _NOT_ experienced this? I know that the test sample version of IBrowse has no problems, and while it formats incorrectly, AWeb shows the page itself with no problems on a hardware Amiga.

And yes, as soon as I recover or rtegenerate the errant .html file, I'm sending a bug report to the AWeb people--yeah, I know, sourceforge.

[edit by akira: DO NOT WRITE YOUR SIGNATURE EVERYTIME YOU POST A MESSAGE. USE YOUR USERCP TO CONFIGURE THIS. READ OUR FAQS AND RULES PRIOR TO POSTING]

Last edited by Amiga1992; 16 May 2005 at 20:47.

Old 16 May 2005, 08:55   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgf
1: optiopnal setting (hey, this is still an Amiga, right?{g}) to follow Windows .lnk files as if they were Amiga soft/hard links.
Good idea but I am beginning to hate optional settings.. (GUI already have too many options)

Quote:
2: Setting to allow the maximum filename length (I believe it is 107 characters, or thereabouts).
Supported since the beginning (I think, it was done long before I even knew about UAE..)

Quote:
Also, on my system, no matter what the config, from UAE vanilla 3.1 to my hyped up 3.9 install, AWeb crashes not only itself, but UAE when it encounters some undesireable codey
JIT (and 68020+ non-JIT modes too sometimes) modes don't like illegal memory accesses. There is no boundary checks at all (JIT == speed, nothing else..) and host-side exception recovery is very complex, basically you need to analyze the x86 code and manually move the program counter over the code that caused the exception...