English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 12 July 2016, 03:00   #141
eXeler0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Thanks a lot. But I really don't understand how this is working. With your link I find several options: Pledge since $5.00 per month till $100.00+ per month.

The question to me is "for how long?". I won't pay $100 for a game, and of course not that amount every month for who knows when.

Sorry I don't see it clearly.
Ye, the link is to his Patron page, but there's also news updates there, which is mostly what I was referring to - not the Patron / support thing, please see the news copy/pasted below. (Dated July 4th, so roughly a week ago)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
RESHOOT and its improvements
Published Jul 4, 2016
Work on my Amiga shoot´ em-up is going full steam ahead. Got some terrific feedback on the demoversion from my patreon-supporters and the Amiga-community. Based on that I got minor and major bugs fixed. The game now runs perfect on a naked A1200 as well as one equipped with 68030 or even 68040 / 68060-cpus. CD32 and A4000, too! Did I mention the higher tempo, bigger playarea, accelerated music and lots of other improvements? You´ll see soon for yourself :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:
Adding this:
"How Patreon works" [ Show youtube player ]
Also, as I understand it, *you* decide for how long you want to support someone. You can cancel your monthly contribution if you want.

(Personally, I really admire the effort, but I really dislike the graphics/style, so unless it's getting "mod-able" graphics, It's not for me..)

Last edited by eXeler0; 12 July 2016 at 03:22. Reason: Added info..
Old 12 July 2016, 23:27   #142
buzzybee

Exactly. It´s everyones own decision how long he/she want to use patreon. Patreon is more like a thing of supporting art and the artist than wanting to buy a game. You could even only spend 1$ a month. There is some description to be found on my patreon website regarding the relationsship of donation and product. But I am aware that my description might be a little confusing. Sorry for that. One of the many things I learnt while working on RESHOOT.

Of course since Patreon seems a little strange to some, then it might be good to know that we are in the final stages of producing a fully fleshed CD-ROM version of RESHOOT, with colorful packaging and some nice extras. I deeply appreciate anyone who considers buying the game this way.

As for the art style: I do understand that it RESHOOTs pixels are not everyones cup of tea, especially as they are quiet different from what was common on the Amiga back in the days. But they work very well in animation and make for some great action, believe me.

I could imagine that some people might find ways to alter the graphics. I will not hide any code or data. But I neither support nor appreciate this kind of interference into my code and gamestructure. Also if RESHOOT is going down well with the Amiga community, there very well might be a followup with a totally different artstyle.

Oh, almost forgot to mention: Release Candidate is currently in heavy testing!

Last edited by buzzybee; 13 July 2016 at 00:10.
Old 13 July 2016, 19:17   #143
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybee View Post
we are in the final stages of producing a fully fleshed CD-ROM version of RESHOOT, with colorful packaging and some nice extras. I deeply appreciate anyone who considers buying the game this way.
If it runs on a CD32, count me in!
Old 13 July 2016, 20:28   #144
Amigajay

Good news Buzzybee! I will support and buy any new games that boot on a CD32, looking forward to it!
Old 14 July 2016, 04:11   #145
buzzybee

Yesterday the game booted and ran on a real stock CD32. I´m a console developer now :-)
Old 14 July 2016, 10:09   #146
Amigajay

Quote:
Yesterday the game booted and ran on a real stock CD32. I´m a console developer now :-)
Good job, nice for someone to support the CD32, not enough new games getting native CD32 support.

Any plans to use the extra buttons of the CD32 controller, i.e Pause, Bomb etc?
Old 14 July 2016, 10:24   #147
buzzybee

Extra buttons? No plans whatsoever. I even thought about designing the game in a way that it doesnt need any firebutton at all. Would have worked great, in fact I still love the idea ... but I am aware that Amiga-gamers want to use their firebutton, so that´s how the game works now :-)
Old 14 July 2016, 10:58   #148
Amigajay

Quote:
Extra buttons? No plans whatsoever. I even thought about designing the game in a way that it doesnt need any firebutton at all. Would have worked great, in fact I still love the idea ... but I am aware that Amiga-gamers want to use their firebutton, so that´s how the game works now :-)
Yes please leave the fire button at least! Don't want to have some IOS style game with autofire, want to feel like i'm in sort of control of the fire!
Old 14 July 2016, 11:21   #149
eXeler0

It sounds like this is a very good basis for a new shooter that works on most modern Amiga configurations with none of the ancient legacy code issues, therefore the thought of making it modable (*after* the initial vision is fulfilled of course) would be really cool.
A modern SEUCK type of thing ;-)

The community would sing songs about the great Richard Löwenstein to their children for generations. (Ok, maybe not, but it sure as hell would be greatly appreciated :-).

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk
Old 14 July 2016, 11:22   #150
buzzybee

Amigajay: Oh, you will feel in control – as long as you don´t feel overwhelmed by a rain of bullets :-)

eXeler0: So poetic. Made my day :-) Anyway if the community feels like modding the game there is not much I can and will do to prevent this. Even though the assembler code might not be the best framework for a SEUCK-kind of thing. Anyone willing to hack into this needs passion ... :-)

Having said that I look forward to mod the code myself and use it for a possible follow-up or even a totally different kind of game... developing RESHOOT was kind of fun and fulfilling so why not do it again?
Old 15 July 2016, 02:25   #151
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Yup, I reckon it will play well enough and even though I'm not a fan of the art style, I enjoyed the demo. I'll buy the boxed version when its released and yes to a sequel or new game using the same engine.
Old 05 September 2016, 02:32   #152
lantus360

I received the game yesterday and made a video review of it.

let me know what you think

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 05 September 2016, 03:29   #153
ransom1122

Review is good. I enjoyed it.
As for the game I have yet to play it but the whole one life thing is a bit of a damper. I did the one life thing with flappy birds and that got boring quickly because of it.
Old 07 September 2016, 03:41   #154
buzzybee

@Ransom: Don´t be put off because of the endless one-life-thing. The gameplay is well balanced. You´ll play a LOT longer than Flappy Bird in one session unless you are really crap at shoot´em-ups. Think more like Canabalt or comparable endless games. I saw people playing for one minute or longer at their first go – and if you practice real hard you´ll be playing like 5 or 10 minutes before dying. Even endless if your reactions are otherworldly.

The feel is not that different to your standard Amiga shoot´em-up – and more rewarding than R-Type if I dare to say so.
Old 07 September 2016, 06:51   #155
ransom1122

Quote:
@Ransom: Don´t be put off because of the endless one-life-thing. The gameplay is well balanced. You´ll play a LOT longer than Flappy Bird in one session unless you are really crap at shoot´em-ups. Think more like Canabalt or comparable endless games. I saw people playing for one minute or longer at their first go – and if you practice real hard you´ll be playing like 5 or 10 minutes before dying. Even endless if your reactions are otherworldly.

The feel is not that different to your standard Amiga shoot´em-up – and more rewarding than R-Type if I dare to say so.
Don't get me wrong its a great game. And i will ReVisit ReShoot again. Just some minor flaws.

Oh yeah and that music. Amiga could do much better music then that. The music draws you away from the game. You need a good jingle that is catchy.Look at R-Type the ingame music is still catchy even to this day.
Old 07 September 2016, 09:36   #156
buzzybee

Thanks for commenting, even on what you call "minor" flaws. I listen to each and every comment from people who actually played the game; we´ll see what it´s good for in case a sequel should appear. :-)
Old 07 September 2016, 10:48   #157
ransom1122

It would be cool if we had some sort of comp with this game on the board. We would see amazing scores im sure of it.
Old 07 September 2016, 10:56   #158
buzzybee

@ransom: That´s a really great idea. I hope we can get the global ranking website online soon to support that idea.
Old 07 September 2016, 11:34   #159
eXeler0

Quote:
@ransom: That´s a really great idea. I hope we can get the global ranking website online soon to support that idea.
How is that supposed to work, exactly? Game needs internet connection? Or your scores are saved in an encrypted file that is manually sent to a server by the user?

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk
Old 07 September 2016, 12:32   #160
buzzybee

You get some encrypted chars in the titlescreen (this works already); enter them online; and there you are (this does not yet work) :-)