English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

View Poll Results: OK, then, your fave Amiga Pinball game would be what exactly?
Pinball Dreams 8 16.33%
Pinball Fantasies 20 40.82%
Pinball Illusions 5 10.20%
Slam Tilt 15 30.61%
Pinball Mania 0 0%
Thomas The Tank Engine Pinball 0 0%
Others I haven't mentioned above 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 June 2001, 19:45   #21
MethodGit

Smile Speaking of PC Pinball games...

Anyone remember some PC-exlusive Pinball games that Digital Illusions did, like Pinball Dreams 2 (which was completely different to Pinball Fantasies, so don't get confused or anything) and Absolute Pinball (which allowed you to display the table sideways as well as upright)?

Also, was Slam Tilt PC a Windows-only game?
Old 24 June 2001, 23:22   #22
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Even I remember well, Slam Tilt is a MS-DOS game..

anyway, Pinball Dreams 2 is NOT from Digital Illusions, it's from Spidersoft, although it was published by 21st century entertainment (actually, Slam Tilt also was published by them)

Spidersoft made a few odd pinball games, and I think they are rubbish. The graphics are nice, but the tables layout are crap. I recomender to leave them alone
Old 25 June 2001, 00:46   #23
RCK
Administrator

I have the full pc version of "absolute pinball", it was the last 21century pinball game, and works into a dos box under windows + soundblaster card.
If you want to test it I can upload it here for a short time (9 Mo).
Old 26 June 2001, 18:50   #24
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Please don't hate me. Tim, I do believe it is worth posting, EVERYONE'S opinion here counts. And I do agree with you, that I am the 3rd type, like Akira. I love strategy or complex warplane sims, yet love games like Doom or Metroid (SNES) or racing games and especially Golden Axe...Its just that , I really hate pinball:P, so anything I am passionate about, I discuss. I ignored hundreds of threads here of things that do not provoke a positive or negative response.
Old 28 June 2001, 08:58   #25
Tim Janssen

Cool Ultimate Pinball Quest

Hi Fred,

No hard feelings about it
Generally I like games which do not require much thinking. Completing an adventure like 'Maniac Mansion' would take me a lifetime without cheating. I always like pinballgames because they 'only' require quick reflexes.

Now I come to think of it. I also have a pinball game on Amiga called Ultimate Pinball Quest which is extremely dull. The tables are multiple screens wide and high. You 'quest' is to get the ball to the screen which is on top. There are also many bonustables hidden in the game. The link of this game with reality is totally lost.
Old 28 June 2001, 09:23   #26
MethodGit

Quote:
Originally posted by RCK
I have the full pc version of "absolute pinball", it was the last 21century pinball game, and works into a dos box under windows + soundblaster card.
If you want to test it I can upload it here for a short time (9 Mo).
Sure, RCK. Why don't you try that?
Old 28 June 2001, 17:24   #27
Amiga1992

I kind of liked Ultimate Pinball Quest (taht reminds me I have to restore my disks, they got corrupted). Though i never got to the top, i always got bored in teh middle :P

The physics were a bit whacked (not near perfection like those of the Dream series..), but you could tilt the table from many points
Old 28 June 2001, 20:42   #28
MethodGit

Quote:
Originally posted by Shatterhand
Even I remember well, Slam Tilt is a MS-DOS game..
That's strange, because I remember one of my PC Gamer CDs featuring a demo of Slam Tilt and it seemed to act more like a Windows application...
Old 28 June 2001, 22:01   #29
RCK
Administrator

I have uploaded Absolute Pinball (pc) to my server, download it quickly before I remove it.

file removed.
Old 02 July 2001, 23:18   #30
Drake1009

I can see Pinball fantasies are leading. I muse admit I've played that a lot too, but my vote still goes to Slam tilt. Apart from having better graphics I liked some of the features it had and quite liked the tables (in general) too.
Old 15 July 2001, 11:02   #31
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Like my "Fave Flight Sim " poll, there should be a choice for "Neither, I don't like"...that is fair, no?
Old 16 July 2001, 01:54   #32
Ian
Global Moderator

Wink

Obviously Fred, nobody feels as strongly about Pinball games as they do flight sim's, I'd take that as a compliment on your choice of poll

Another reason is Marz included the last option "others I forgot to mention", if you included that there wouldn't of been a problem

Tell me if you pick up on a subliminal message from my post
Old 16 July 2001, 02:15   #33
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Well, I see that you subliminally wish to bash Marz Attack head in with a pinball machine...Am I right, Ian?
Old 16 July 2001, 02:19   #34
Ian
Global Moderator

Question What is it you Americans say

I plead the fifth or something like that.:laugh
Old 16 July 2001, 04:16   #35
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Twist is the future lawyer, or barrister as you Brits say....Twist, what say yee?
Old 16 July 2001, 08:35   #36
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Well, to better prepare myself for this case, I spent a pleasant evening watching the 1955 courtoom drama "Trial", with Glenn Ford, Dorothy McGuire and Arthur Kennedy. Left a non-plussed taste in my mouth.

I think adding anything new to the pinball poll would be too little, too late. And it would only serve one purpose and that is so that one vote could be placed there - a vote that we all know exists already.

I would be amazed if this was a sincere request to have the option added to the poll. And perhaps, I'd be saddened if I thought the request was sincere...

I rest my case.

Oh, and the bit about subliminal messages. I charge that the remark be stricken from the records as immaterial. Motion sustained.
Old 16 July 2001, 10:18   #37
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Being that the right honorable Twisting Ghost has decided on the issue, I have come to a settlement and appreciate his good taste in good cinema. Anyone who would know of Glenn Ford and Dorothy McGuire is of good standing in this hea' courtroom. Mr Charge, what say you as the gallows beckon? What face shall you wear?
Bravery?
Cowrdice?
(Twist may know of Jimmy Cagney's reaction in "Angels With Dirty Faces" 1939
Old 10 December 2001, 14:17   #38
Tim Janssen

Arrow Ultimate Pinball Challenge

Let's bring this old topic back again. I just read in CU Amiga magazine that the game Ultimate Pinball Challenge featured pinball tables which are way larger than I expected. Each table is at least sixty (60!) screens high. I guess each table (Ice, Metal and Adventure) must consist of multiple levels.

Is there anyone who has more information about it or has ever finished the 'adventure'-mode in this game?
Old 10 December 2001, 23:27   #39
gusddm

Big grin Pinball Fantasies was the best!

Great tables, great music , excellent game!

I've played pinball illussions (pc version) , but its not as great as Pinball Fantasies

Old 19 January 2003, 23:07   #40
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Quote:
Originally posted by Frederic
Ok..I really am riled up here..I cannot understand how people could like pinball games...what the hell is the deal??Is it so primitive that it appeals to a lower case mentality in all of us??
Real pinall stinks, but video pinball...ugh!!!!!!!!!
Please don't give me any "Well that's your opinion, Fred " etc..it IS my opinion, I DO see that lots of people like pinball, I am not trying to convince anyone to stop liking them...its just that I had to say...THEY STINK
I've learned many things. I've learned that if one cannot admit on'e mistakes, one cannot grow. My mistake was disliking pinball on video games. I love the real thing. but did not bother to give the video versions a chance.
i was an ass, total and complete. Don't you remmeber things you liked, did, said, that in retrospect seem asinine? I do. we all do. I now love Amiga's pinball games. Fun, fast, beautiful.
I retract the above quote and shove it up my ass.