English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 05 March 2009, 13:10   #1
BippyM
Global Moderator

Moderator Introductions

Hi,

I'm BippyM (Real name Mark) and I am one of four global moderators here at EAB. There are also many moderators each with responsibility for certain forums and sub-forums.

The purpose of this thread is for myself and the other moderators to introduce ourselves and let you know what we like, dislike, find interesting etc..

Here is a little about myself.

I have been an Amiga user since 1990 where my old man purchased me an Amiga for christmas. I almost immediately killed the floppy drive and the warranty stickers (Trying to fix it) and my dad was not impressed!

The repair cost around £120 (New drive and a cia chip had popped!). I was not too happy.

During the 90's I played games, used Dpaint, learnt a little programming, tried making music, used 3D rendering software. Taught myself how to rip files (Pics/music) out of games etc as well as other stuff.

In 2001 I joined EAB and the rest is history

Now I tend to spend most of my time with my family (I have 4 children 3 boys Michael is 10, Ryan 8, Liam 2 and Elloiuse-Mai is 2 weeks old), and as such Amiga endevours (Of which I am involved with lots) are on the back burner.

Other interests are fishing, watching films and tv shows (Heroes, Bones, Fringe etc), though with work and family I have very little time.

I currently own many Amiga's and other retro machines (Acorn Electrons, Spectrum's etc).

Please say hi in your own thread, and all mods can please use this thread.

Oh and my fave Amiga game is Captive, and on my PS3 I play Metal Gear 4, Call of Duty 4, FEAR 2 and others

** PLEASE KEEP ON TOPIC, ANY NONSENSE WILL BE REMOVED **

Last edited by BippyM; 05 March 2009 at 21:30.
Old 06 March 2009, 22:30   #2
Graham Humphrey

Not a big fan of writing about myself but I'll do it this time

My name's Graham (surprise), I am the newest (and youngest and best-looking ) global moderator at EAB, having been promoted to the position in July 2008.

I've been into Amigas since I was five years old, so basically I have grown up with the machine. I had an A500+ first soon after they came out, followed by an A600, and finally an A1200 (but I only got that in 2001). I've had, and still own, various other consoles and computers in the meantime but the Amiga has been the only constant in the last 17-and-a-half years or so. Currently my A1200 has a 2.1Gb hard drive, a CD-ROM drive, an an '040 accelerator with 32MB of Fast RAM.

Like Bippy I also have got involved in various different things - programming (using Blitz Basic, but not so much these days), writing (I've written for the abime.net magazine Amiga Point Of View, as well as the now-defunct print magazine Total Amiga, German publication Amiga Future which I regularly contribute to, and disc-based mag RGCD which covers new games for old systems, as well as PC indie games) and of course, moderating this fine forum as well as Lemon Amiga too.

I'm also one-third of the team that runs the EAB/Lemon Super League, which is a score-based competition open to all members of both forums. I started an EAB League in May 2007 (which also led to me becoming a moderator of the EAB Competition sub-forum for 13 months prior to moving up), as I thought it would be good to have one here after Lemon had a league for a few years, and by January 2008 we decided to have one big joint league, which is becoming increasingly popular and is great fun to take part in, so if you've never checked it out before, why not join in? Everyone is welcome.

Other interests outside of the Amiga and games in general are football (and Norwich City especially), indie/alternative music and of course, going down the pub with my mates.

That was longer and more tedious than I intended but at least you know I am only human like the rest of you