English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 10 April 2018, 14:06   #41
Mclane
Old retro god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Did you upload to Media Fire?

This gets stripped automaticcally by EAB...

So the link will need to be http://www.Media Fire.com/file/cjz7j1n8o5drzlz/winuae.zip (obviously remove the space).
Ah, it was media fire , are there any external file sites EAB will allow directly, its just I tried to upload a zipped dump of around 40mb and it got to 100% and said something about a missing security item, I scanned the zip and its not a false positive and I've uploaded zipped dumps before?

And idea's Damien..Just trying to not give Toni hassle..

Paul.

Last edited by Mclane; 10 April 2018 at 14:14.
Old 10 April 2018, 14:14   #42
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

I usually use tinyurl for all links here.
DamienD's Media Fire link: https://tinyurl.com/ydhkwse7
Old 10 April 2018, 14:31   #43
Mclane
Old retro god.

Thank you retroplay, as said, the more hassle Toni has to look at an item the more likely he won't be bothered and I don't blame him.

Cheers all...

Paul..
Old 10 April 2018, 14:52   #44
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclane View Post
Ah, it was media fire , are there any external file sites EAB will allow directly
I use Mega.nz or SendSpace

Just don't use Media Fire...
Old 10 April 2018, 15:27   #45
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Here you go Toni,
Thanks.

It hangs in calibration loop, one possible reason is that D3DKMTGetScanLine() does not return scanline data. (Which hopefully isn't true..)

Download http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.7z and create new log. It may not hang anymore but it also most likely won't work correctly. No need for dump files.

EDIT: Does same happen if you use primary monitor?

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 10 April 2018 at 15:38.
Old 10 April 2018, 16:04   #46
Mclane
Old retro god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Thanks.

It hangs in calibration loop, one possible reason is that D3DKMTGetScanLine() does not return scanline data. (Which hopefully isn't true..)

Download http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.7z and create new log. It may not hang anymore but it also most likely won't work correctly. No need for dump files.

EDIT: Does same happen if you use primary monitor?
I'll do that now and yes it did the same as the primary monitor..

Thanks

EDIT: Still hung I'm afraid..
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (18.2 KB, 149 views)
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (3.3 KB, 150 views)
Old 10 April 2018, 17:22   #47
ramon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramon View Post
Black screen on various Amiga 1200/4000 config. F12 does nothing, must kill Winuae with task manager and therefor, no winuaelog.txt saved. Strangely, CD32 does work. Amiga 1000, 500, 600, 2500, 3000 and CDTV seems to work fine.
UPDATE:

- Found that black screen caused by low latency Vsync. Disabled Vsync = no more black screen, boot properly.

- Also, "Standard Vsync" make the FPS drop from 50 to ~45 with very bad sound, unless at least "Cycle Exact (DMA/Memopery access)" is selected, which in turn slow down the emulation considerably, even with "JIT" enabled and "CPU Emulation speed" set to "Fastest possible".

In other word, if you want to watch demos that requires a 040/060 and want fast FPS and clean sound, you currently can't use any VSync at all. I already use "Cycle Exact (Full)" for anything Amiga 1200 or lower that runs standard Amiga software and games. The problem is with Amiga 3000 and 4000 and accelerator boards where you need all the speed you can get AND want to have Vsync enabled. "Cycle Extract" is not an option here.

NOTE: I'm launching Winuae with the following batch file using SetRes to set my monitor from 60Hz to 50Hz and back to 60Hz when I'm done:

"C:\SetResSingle_V2_3 GPL3\SetRes.exe" h1680 v1050 f50
START /W "" "D:\Commodore\Amiga\Emulator\WinUAE\winuae64.exe"
"C:SetResSingle_V2_3 GPL3\SetRes.exe" h1680 v1050 f60

NOTE 2: I case this could be an issue, I'm using 3 X monitors, without the Nvidia surround option. Windows 7 AERO is enabled.

And just to make it clear my rig is not the limiting factor:

2500K @ 4.7Ghz
16GB RAM @ 1866Mhz
2 X Crucial M4 SSD in RAID0
660 GTX @ 1.3Ghz
Latest OS / hardware drivers installed

I hope this help,

Ramon

Last edited by ramon; 10 April 2018 at 17:28. Reason: forgot to mention AERO
Old 10 April 2018, 17:40   #48
Mclane
Old retro god.

Yeah, it was noted earlier that it only happens when the Low vsync is used, I wonder why its ok for some and not on our machines..

Probably some M$ update that screws up Win 7

Any thing to get us on Win 10...
Old 10 April 2018, 18:24   #49
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
I'll do that now and yes it did the same as the primary monitor..

Thanks

EDIT: Still hung I'm afraid..
If you run with -log parameter, do you see any extra lines in log window after "ActiveHeight: 600 TotalHeight.."?

Quote:
Probably some M$ update that screws up Win 7
This API was introduced in Vista, it should not have anything to do with Windows versions.
Old 10 April 2018, 19:01   #50
Mclane
Old retro god.

Quote:
If you run with -log parameter, do you see any extra lines in log window after "ActiveHeight: 600 TotalHeight.."?
There's no extra lines but that same line has a set of frequencies which I presume you know about, If not I'll add them

Ah some other stuff didn't come up but on a 2nd try it did..I'll post a screenie

Last edited by Mclane; 10 April 2018 at 19:06.
Old 10 April 2018, 19:15   #51
Mclane
Old retro god.

I don't get it, on one occasion there was some stuff after that line about D3D11 and WASPI but as I tried to copy it (or attempt to) the window closed, I've neow tried 3 more times and it is like before, the same line you mention with a few frequencies added the same line

Now tried 10 times and still the same line as said...nothing after
Old 10 April 2018, 19:17   #52
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
I don't get it, on one occasion there was some stuff after that line about D3D11 and WASPI but as I tried to copy it (or attempt to) the window closed, I've neow tried 3 more times and it is like before, the same line you mention with a few frequencies added the same line
Ok, redownload winuae.7z and try again. (make sure date has changed). It really should include at least one extra message.
Old 10 April 2018, 19:29   #53
Mclane
Old retro god.

Big grin

Quote:
Ok, redownload winuae.7z and try again. (make sure date has changed). It really should include at least one extra message.
time etc from today at 18:06

The new bits in the window were what I saw in that one boot that I could not repeat, also there was a delay from the extra lines and then some more suddenly appeared on or after where it says SIZE MINIMIZED

Oh, and black screen here still..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	57776  
Old 10 April 2018, 19:32   #54
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Include your config file because log does not really match what I expected..
Old 10 April 2018, 19:44   #55
Mclane
Old retro god.

Something dead weird here (all malware and virus scanned) I ran it again and I got one extra line only this time

target_calibrate_spin<> start

I'm using Damien D's compilation with screenshots etc, no default config that I can see, when I run its from the quick start using Winuae's inbuilt settings for an A500 and no disk image, so not using one of Damiens per game settings unless Winuae has another place it stores a config?

Sorry to be a pain..
Old 10 April 2018, 19:57   #56
Mclane
Old retro god.

Sorry, got to pick my daughter up, back in as hour or so
Old 10 April 2018, 20:29   #57
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramon View Post
- Also, "Standard Vsync" make the FPS drop from 50 to ~45 with very bad sound, unless at least "Cycle Exact (DMA/Memopery access)" is selected, which in turn slow down the emulation considerably, even with "JIT" enabled and "CPU Emulation speed" set to "Fastest possible".

In other word, if you want to watch demos that requires a 040/060 and want fast FPS and clean sound, you currently can't use any VSync at all. I already use "Cycle Exact (Full)" for anything Amiga 1200 or lower that runs standard Amiga software and games. The problem is with Amiga 3000 and 4000 and accelerator boards where you need all the speed you can get AND want to have Vsync enabled. "Cycle Extract" is not an option here.
Do you mean 3.6.1 works differently in standard vsync mode using identical config compared to this beta? I can't see any difference.
Old 11 April 2018, 07:11   #58
B14ck W01f
m68k all the way

I didn't have any problem with this in the 3.6.x series, but I am trying right now to add an 50MB SCSI hard drive (A2091) that has 2 partitions: DH0: (20MB) and DH1: (30MB), both are FFS partitions.

You create these as normal in HDToolbox, click "Save Changes to Drive", then reset. After WB boots up, DH1: doesn't appear. When I go into HDToolbox, I find out that it was reset into 1 partition. The last time I recreate this bug, I had a white dialog box that said that drives were added or removed from the system and that I had to save the changes. I also found out it was created as a Custom partition. Log is below.

After that, I created a 40MB HD in 4.0.0, also with 2 partitions. But didn't have a problem with it. So maybe there is a bug that prevents the creation of HDs exceeding a certain size?
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (32.7 KB, 153 views)
Old 11 April 2018, 15:32   #59
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B14ck W01f View Post
I didn't have any problem with this in the 3.6.x series, but I am trying right now to add an 50MB SCSI hard drive (A2091) that has 2 partitions: DH0: (20MB) and DH1: (30MB), both are FFS partitions.

You create these as normal in HDToolbox, click "Save Changes to Drive", then reset. After WB boots up, DH1: doesn't appear. When I go into HDToolbox, I find out that it was reset into 1 partition. The last time I recreate this bug, I had a white dialog box that said that drives were added or removed from the system and that I had to save the changes. I also found out it was created as a Custom partition. Log is below.

After that, I created a 40MB HD in 4.0.0, also with 2 partitions. But didn't have a problem with it. So maybe there is a bug that prevents the creation of HDs exceeding a certain size?
Looks like you didn't have RDB mode enabled. 4.0 allows some SCSI commands when using partition hardfiles (no RDB mode) and directory harddrives but not reads or writes and apparently hdtoolbox ignores some errors.
Old 11 April 2018, 18:25   #60
ramon

Quote:
Do you mean 3.6.1 works differently in standard vsync mode using identical config compared to this beta? I can't see any difference.
Tested again:

- Both 3.6.1 and 4.0 act the same way, except "low latency Vsync" is broken with 4.0 (black screen).

- In both cases, at least "Cycle Exact (DMA/Memory)" must be enabled for steady 50 FPS with "Standard Vsync".

- Unfortunately, "Standard Vsync" is nowhere near as good as "Low Latency Vsync", especially apparent with the demo "Starstruck" parallax intro.

- Also, "Low latency Vsync" in 3.6.1 doesn't require any Cycle exact to work properly.

-Finally, for some strange reason, selecting only "Cycle Exact (DMA/Memory access" is a lot SLOWER than selecting "Cycle Exact (Full)"!