English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 11 April 2006, 19:25   #1
$$tidley$$

Stable Masters 3 - WinUAE setup/save Help!

Firstly im using the following version of WinUAE - WinUAE 1.2.0 (32bit)

I can load SM3 fine using the following settings:

Model: 1200
CPU: 68020
CPU Emulation Speed: Fastest possible, but maintain chipset timing

DF0: StableMastersIII.adf

Firstly, thing is, my CPU is running at constant 100%, which to me is alot, or am I missing something?
Obviously I've set the Emulation Speed @ Fastest possible, but is there a different, more suitable setup?

Secondly, when I try saving the game it either says, 'disk full' and get stuck on 'saving...' and I have to reboot.

There's 1-9 option of saving, yet i've only saved previously on 1-3... now i cant even overwrite anything. Is there a way to clear saved games or an alternative to creating a save drive.

I've checked a few posts and it mentions creating a standard disk and loading that in DF0 - yet it wont let me, grrr.

BTW im newbie so forgive my lack of knowledge.

Old 13 April 2006, 10:26   #2
pjhutch
Peter

When saving games, you need to create a Formatted Floppy disk image to save your games onto it via F12, Floppies and click on 'Create Standard Disk' (I cannot remember if it it auto formats it, to make sure load WB and check if new disk is formatted).

Once the save disk is created and formatted (sometimes the game itself can format disks , but not all), load the game, play it, when you want to save, eject the game disk and insert your save game disk and select Save.
Old 14 April 2006, 23:23   #3
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Quote:
Originally Posted by $$tidley$$

Secondly, when I try saving the game it either says, 'disk full' and get stuck on 'saving...' and I have to reboot.

There's 1-9 option of saving, yet i've only saved previously on 1-3... now i cant even overwrite anything. Is there a way to clear saved games or an alternative to creating a save drive.

I've checked a few posts and it mentions creating a standard disk and loading that in DF0 - yet it wont let me, grrr.

pjhutch is indeed correct in terms of creating a "formatted blank disk"..... could you tell me if you are still encountering problems with the message "disk full"?
Old 06 July 2006, 22:53   #4
muratzorba

Good night,

i ve such a problem with stable masters 3 that i can not load the game with winuae.
a blue screen appears and then nothing happens for hours..

i can play stable masters 2.. i can save etc.. but i can not play stable masters cause i am not able to load the game..

what can be the reason ?

thanks in advance..

murat

Old 07 July 2006, 00:16   #5
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Check that the Compatibility vs Required CPU Power is set as Best Compatibility, located in WinUAE Properties>Quickstart.

I *think* the blue screen you describe is the Traders Dream cracktro trying to run before SM3 loads.

Hope this works for you
Old 08 July 2006, 10:16   #6
muratzorba

Thanks dude,

you know this amiga thing

i did it and now playing..

murat