English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 13 June 2020, 14:49   #241
wairnair

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybee View Post
This summer is out of the question, so sorry. I´d share @thairacerjps estimate of availability. If all goes well, the game should make a end-of-2020 release.
Makes sense, whatever it takes for it to be the best possible.

Any plans for 2 player co-op, maybe a weapon/armory shop in between levels?

Thank you
Old 15 June 2020, 00:26   #242
buzzybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wairnair View Post

Any plans for 2 player co-op, maybe a weapon/armory shop in between levels?

Thank you
Sorry, co-op is out of the question for a number of reasons; mainly it would take a huge amount of modifying gameplay structure in order to make it work and feel right and on point. I´d suggest an additional time burden of approx. 4 - 6 months – time which I simply cannot invest.

Shopsystem – sorry, that´s another no simply because I do not like it. It does not work for me in Menace 2, X-Out or any other shmup I can think of. Does not contribute to the flow of gameplay, does not really add any real tactical element; rather takes the pace out.

RP3 should feel exhilarating from start to finish :-)
Old 16 June 2020, 14:53   #243
buzzybee

Narration and speech added

Added new dialogue system, featuring audio speech – if you want to know more, please feel welcome to read a new blogpost on my Patreon website. Or check out this [ Show youtube player ]. Enjoy!

Old 16 June 2020, 17:17   #244
roondar

Interesting feature
Old 16 June 2020, 20:54   #245
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Nice voice and very smooth.
Good idea !
Old 17 June 2020, 02:36   #246
tarr

The coding and graphics look just great. I hope the game will have more interesting enemy patterns than those we can see in the few released videos.
What really make a shooter great are the variety and the originality of enemies.
Old 17 June 2020, 14:43   #247
buzzybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarr View Post
The coding and graphics look just great. I hope the game will have more interesting enemy patterns than those we can see in the few released videos.
What really make a shooter great are the variety and the originality of enemies.
Thank you for your kind words. No worries, I expect RESHOOT PROXIMA 3s content to be as varied as in its predecessor. The videos released so far show stuff implemented for testing, and are in no way representative of actual attack patterns.
Old 17 June 2020, 14:53   #248
wiz12

Has the voice sample changed for when you pick up a weapon upgrade? I much prefered the female voice sample.
Old 17 June 2020, 14:54   #249
buzzybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz12 View Post
Has the voice sample changed for when you pick up a weapon upgrade? I much prefered the female voice sample.
I love the female voice too. This time it´s just a bit different ... oh, and the weapon-sample in the video is just a placeholder anyway!
Old 17 June 2020, 14:58   #250
wiz12

Yeah, has it actually changed as it sounds a little deeper than before?

I think the sample sounds perfect at the 10 second mark on the video below but again it changes further into the video. Is that meant to happen or is it a bug?

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 17 June 2020, 15:16   #251
buzzybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz12 View Post
Yeah, has it actually changed as it sounds a little deeper than before?

I think the sample sounds perfect at the 10 second mark on the video below but again it changes further into the video. Is that meant to happen or is it a bug?
Thanks for the link, Yes, that´s the actual sample which is going to be used in the game. It´s a female voice, slightly distorted to sound more robotic.
Old 04 July 2020, 14:02   #252
buzzybee

Spent the past two weeks on creating a title screen. One very important addition is only losely connected to the game itself, but is inspired by Lewis Hamilton and #BlackLivesMatter.

Wrote a few lines about it on Patreon; and also recorded a few seconds of the title screen feat. the debut of Dascons amazing title tune. Please feel invited to read and watch!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/38955120
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rp3_title_proto.png
Views:	220
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	68035  
Old 26 August 2020, 19:58   #253
buzzybee

You can´t play RESHOOT PROXIMA 3 at gamescom. But you can watch the new videotrailer. And join an amazing roster of retro enthusiasts, including me, at various virtual events under the gamescom now-flag. We are talking Retro-development, magazine-publishing and much more.

Please check the free-for-all-posting at my Patreon-page for days and dates

Hope you enjoy the new videotrailer! [ Show youtube player ]
Old 28 August 2020, 20:22   #254
wairnair

While it looks really great and polished I also tend to think that this is mostly a rehashed version of Reshoot 2. Which is fine as I liked the prequel, but it would've been nice to see fresh mechanics. Various shields, upgrades, different explosions, overall aesthetic etc. Will still buy a physical copy I guess but I hope for a slightly friendlier price than last time.
Old 28 August 2020, 20:44   #255
Rochabian
The Big White Cat

The fire sound seems too loud & distorded & seems to be cut by other events ( i think it's the same in Reshoot R )

Overall it's nice, i wish the switch to vertical shooter will add some new features too

Good progress in this project
Old 28 August 2020, 21:24   #256
buzzybee

Thanks for the feedback, guys! Of course Proxima 3 remains a shmup, like its predecessors. Therefore I will keep the basic idea of having a player vessel shooting stuff that would try to kill it. It will remain a accessible shmup which focuses on smooth and fast gameplay.

As RR, RP3 will feature extra weapons. No shop, no switchable weapon variations. Instead: upgradeable stuff, that is easy to handle and enables the player to use a variety of tactics to tackle enemy waves in different ways. This ensures its worthwile to play the game many, many times.

The switch from horizontal to vertical alone will lead to lots of new challenges and wave mechanics, you will see and you will feel it. Having said that, I think it is wise to re-use some the proven mechanics, too.

If you want me to implement any special kind of enemy wave and / or mechanic, please provide a youtube with timestamp to your favorite game and your favourite moment. If it fits the game, is technically possible to implement and Kevin draws the pixels to create it, we will happily consider it.
Old 28 August 2020, 22:02   #257
vulture

I'd too like an expansion over Reshoot R's upgrade weapons system. No shop or switchable weapons, but, you know, some basic stuff. A smart bomb, a temp shield, 2 types of weapons (spread or focused) and maybe some homing missiles. Something to keep the variety of eliminating the nasties going. Still, I'm sure it's gonna turn out great!

edit:
maybe you could borrow the smart bomb/shield mechanic from SWIV. A type of enemy or object which leaves behind a token that can be either, depending on the the player's action (shooting or colliding).
Old 28 August 2020, 22:08   #258
buzzybee

Implementing a tactial weapon system with a wide range of versatility is rather easy to do technically, but very hard to balance and get just right. There is a big danger that it looks good, but feels bad and makes the game too hard or too easy. Even classics like Battle Squadron fail on completing that hard mission – and only very few classics manage it.

That´s why I am very hesitant to promise too much. Better keep a rather low profile weapon system that actually fits the gameplay and provides lots of fun.
Old 04 September 2020, 18:12   #259
Gzegzolka

Just watched Your trailer it looks awesome, I hope there will be more different stages not only those floating bones theme. Also it would be nice to update avatars in cut scenes, they look bad. Like someone resize bigger picture with more colors into smaller one with less colors.
As for weapons system I also like idea to improve. Smart bombs that clear screen from bullets / kill weak drones / damage bigger targets and give few seconds of immortality. Shield power ups are nice too as long as they are rare. As for main gun I like it as it is.
Old 04 September 2020, 23:06   #260
invent
pixels

Thankyou Gzegzolka, I'm currently looking at various elements of this level, new ship,character overlays and colour refinements.