It'll be next year.

Jens
Cheers Jens. Can't wait!
Old 21 November 2010, 13:03   #42
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
I've seen for example with MAME on my Amiga with B1260 (no Indivision) is umplayable without a graphic card, only some games can run on it. Will it be a little better, faster with the Indivision MKII?
If it really requires a gfx card, then Indivision AGA cannot help speed, because it only takes the Amiga output and converts it to VGA/DVI. The speed on the input side (which is the Amiga-output) does not change. With the tricks I mentioned yesterday (like image-hold), you can win big time on chipram performance, but if you're talking games, the drawback "lower update rate" won't help at all. Games require fast and ideally synced output, so no special screenmodes available.

Mame emulates a large variety of game cabinets with lots of different gfx hardware. I have never looked into the details, but I'd expect this to be decoupled by at least one abstraction layer - this makes programming a new emulator easier, but it costs performance. One approach would be to dive a little deeper into Mame and write some software that takes *advantage* of the Amiga chipset. Naturally, this would be independant of Indivision.

Jens
Old 21 November 2010, 13:53   #43
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

I am saving my pennies for an indivision4000 I stupidly didn't buy when they were available...
Old 21 November 2010, 13:53   #44
Calabazam

Hi Jens.

What about a new design of the Indivision ECS to allow users to keep the floppy drive in A600?
Old 21 November 2010, 16:58   #45
amigarobbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
If it really requires a gfx card, then Indivision AGA cannot help speed, because it only takes the Amiga output and converts it to VGA/DVI.
Workbench at high res. crawls, and a screen for iBrowse in anything approaching a usable screen resolution/max colours is painfully slow when updating the screen, scrolling etc. Would an Indivision fix that?
Old 21 November 2010, 17:12   #46
Riempie
Amiga freak

I see it's already possible to pre-order the Invision AGA MK2 at ww.vesalia.de with an ETA of 2012?

Seems a little strange to me. What about you Amigakit? I assume the product gets 'equally' devided over the few dealers in the world when the product is near to a REAL release date?
Old 21 November 2010, 17:45   #47
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riempie View Post
I see it's already possible to pre-order the Invision AGA MK2 at ww.vesalia.de with an ETA of 2012?

Seems a little strange to me. What about you Amigakit? I assume the product gets 'equally' devided over the few dealers in the world when the product is near to a REAL release date?
Hi:
But do they let you pay in the preorder or it's just to make a list?
Old 21 November 2010, 17:54   #48
Riempie
Amiga freak

It's a very ugly long url. Just select the subcategory 'hardware/A1200' from the dropdown-menu. Go to the second page (items 26 to 48). It's item nr 7 on this page. Although the shopping-cart icon is red, you can still press it and on the next page it looks like you can pay for it already... but maybe payment is blocked on the next pages?
Old 21 November 2010, 19:00   #49
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
It's a very ugly long url. Just select the subcategory 'hardware/A1200' from the dropdown-menu. Go to the second page (items 26 to 48). It's item nr 7 on this page. Although the shopping-cart icon is red, you can still press it and on the next page it looks like you can pay for it already... but maybe payment is blocked on the next pages?
Sorry I changed my post when I saw the item in Vesalia, but yes, that's what I believe (payment has to be blocked). To tell the true I made a preorder around 6 months ago, but Amigakit will have better sending cost for me, so I think I will buy from them (and when I did at Vesalia the spected date was september 2010).

Last edited by Retrofan; 21 November 2010 at 19:33.
Old 21 November 2010, 19:07   #50
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabazam View Post
Hi Jens.

What about a new design of the Indivision ECS to allow users to keep the floppy drive in A600?
Place an order of at least 500 units and I'll do it. The cost would only be slightly higher than A603+Indivision ECS, and I'd accept a 65% downpayment to consider the order "placed".

Jens
Old 21 November 2010, 19:09   #51
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
This came up earlier today at a1k already. Must be a typo - it'll be sooner than 2012 ;-)

Jens
Old 21 November 2010, 19:15   #52
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigarobbo View Post
Workbench at high res. crawls, and a screen for iBrowse in anything approaching a usable screen resolution/max colours is painfully slow when updating the screen, scrolling etc. Would an Indivision fix that?
That's what the new 800x600 mode is for: It is a very good compromise between number of DMA slots and resolution. Similar to other HighGFX modes, it pushes the Amiga chipset to the limit and produces an output that you would not be able to display on any real monitor.

The result is a screenmode with acceptable speed/colours/resolution tradeoff. However, we will not be able to compete with gfx cards. Don't expect too much.

Jens
Old 21 November 2010, 19:17   #53
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
AFAIK, Vesalia lets you place the order, and then tells you through eMail not to pay until they have the unit(s) in stock.

Jens
Old 21 November 2010, 19:40   #54
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

If everything developes so fast as lately with the ACA1230/56 I don't think the Indivision MKII will take much months in 2011 to be for sale, and although I've been waiting several months I don't want to hurry, much more if they still can improve it to the max
Old 21 November 2010, 22:58   #55
Calabazam

Quote:
Place an order of at least 500 units and I'll do it. The cost would only be slightly higher than A603+Indivision ECS, and I'd accept a 65% downpayment to consider the order "placed".

Jens
Well, what about a poll?
I'm sure i am not the only one that want to keep the floppy drive.
Old 21 November 2010, 23:42   #56
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Well, what about a poll?
I'm sure i am not the only one that want to keep the floppy drive.
You don't get it, do you? I wrote that it would be slightly more expensive and that I need a downpayment. I will NOT encourage anyone to collect money which would be used to make the downpayment to me. I would only accept an order from a single person or business, as a contract would have to be made with that entity.

If you think there's a market for 500 units like that, go to a bank and get the financing. 50k EUR for the downpayment is not all that much. I'd be happy to do the design, but I'd hate to see you paying off that debt for I-dont-know-how-long, sitting on 450 flickerfixer/chipmem expansions for the A600, thinking of bathroom decoration or other useful things to do with them ;-)

Jens
Old 21 November 2010, 23:47   #57
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
I'd be happy to do the design, but I'd hate to see you paying off that debt for I-dont-know-how-long, sitting on 450 flickerfixer/chipmem expansions for the A600, thinking of bathroom decoration or other useful things to do with them ;-)
Someone mentioned that you should be more like some other people in the current Amiga market, so that we don't get spoiled too much. We would miss out on those comments though, thus please stay like you are
Old 22 November 2010, 12:12   #58
Calabazam

Quote:
You don't get it, do you? I wrote that it would be slightly more expensive and that I need a downpayment. I will NOT encourage anyone to collect money which would be used to make the downpayment to me. I would only accept an order from a single person or business, as a contract would have to be made with that entity.

If you think there's a market for 500 units like that, go to a bank and get the financing. 50k EUR for the downpayment is not all that much. I'd be happy to do the design, but I'd hate to see you paying off that debt for I-dont-know-how-long, sitting on 450 flickerfixer/chipmem expansions for the A600, thinking of bathroom decoration or other useful things to do with them ;-)

Jens
Ok, i understand.
Sadly, that means no Indivision ever in my A600. I have one that i save for my A2000.
Just to be curious, how many of Indi ECS and AGA were made so far?
Old 23 November 2010, 20:21   #59
Calabazam

Jens, i have an idea for the Indi AGA MKII: why not use the same screws as for the ACA630 to secure the Indi into the drive backet hole?
With my Indi AGA MK1, i am always afraid that it could pop up when i transport my A1200.
What about selling some modded screws to secure the MK1 already sold?

Old 23 November 2010, 20:30   #60
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Jens, i have an idea for the Indi AGA MKII: why not use the same screws as for the ACA630 to secure the Indi into the drive backet hole?
I'll investigate that when the final PCB is made. Remember that the MK2 must also fit in the A4000T, where space is more constrained.

Quote:
With my Indi AGA MK1, i am always afraid that it could pop up when i transport my A1200.
What about selling some modded screws to secure the MK1 already sold?

That would mean to drill a hole though one of the RAM chips. You really want to do that?

Jens