English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 06 February 2013, 14:36   #1
MrX_Cuci

Input panel bug?

Using 2.5.1 32bit on Windows XP. No fancy config, just the plain old quickstrat CD32. No other settings touched.

I figured out you have to switch ports, (gamepad should be in port 2) at least in the game Roadkill I tested.

Gameport panel has CD32 pad set in port 2 using a Xbox wireless controller. This works fine. However I want to switch the "CD32 play button" from button 7 (default) to button 6. So figured you have to copy the layout from gameport panel to input panel configuration #1. (using the copy "from button" in WinUAE) This however does not let me redefine button 6 (greyed out) Button 7 can be mapped to "Joy 2 CD32 Play". I want button 6 to be the "quit emulator" button. It lets me do this with button 7, but not with button 6. Any idea what I am doing wrong or should I manually confirgure the whole thing? Probably works as a workaround, but this does not seem normal behaviour to me.

I could try latest beta, but haven't seen any impovements to input panel in the changelogs.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 06 February 2013, 14:48   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Does it say "[PORT x]" next to the input event? Since some versions ago GamePorts config always overrides Input panel settings.

Two solutions: Set GamePorts to "none" or leave the original button 6 mapping alone (that says [PORT x]") and configure your own mapping to button 6 slot #2. (Slot = small select menu that has number from 1 to 8, allows multiple events mapped to single input source)
Old 06 February 2013, 15:03   #3
MrX_Cuci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Does it say "[PORT x]" next to the input event?
Yes, those can't be changed in input panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Two solutions: Set GamePorts to "none" or leave the original button 6 mapping alone (that says [PORT x]") and configure your own mapping to button 6 slot #2. (Slot = small select menu that has number from 1 to 8, allows multiple events mapped to single input source)
Second one is not an option. It would trigger "quit emulator" when key binding [JOY 2] CD32 Play" (buuton 7) is triggered I suppose. I have to check.
Old 12 February 2013, 17:51   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX_Cuci View Post
Second one is not an option. It would trigger "quit emulator" when key binding [JOY 2] CD32 Play" (buuton 7) is triggered I suppose. I have to check.
It shouldn't, I think you have it inverted.

Press button 6: cd play press injected (from gameports setting, slot #1) and emulator quits. (slot #2, your custom config)
Press button 7: cd play press/release (slot #1, custom config)
AdSense AdSense