English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 11 July 2006, 15:08   #1
JimC

PAL Mode softkick

I'm sorry if this has been answered, but I've an Amiga 3000.
I can use early startup to get PAL mode, but it seems to only work with disks based on AmigaDOS.
Also, while in PAL mode, if I softkick to 1.3, it reverts to NTSC.

I know WHDLoad kickemu with a PAL option.. is that part of the slave, or is there somethinkg else I can do to boot non-dos floppies or kick into PAL mode?

Thanks
Old 11 July 2006, 15:56   #2
Secret Vampire

If you only need to run in PAL mode, then there's a jumper on the motherboard to select NTSC/PAL, it should be J200 according to stuff on the net, I don't have an A3000 to verify this though. You could probably fit a switch to it and mount it on the rear somewhere if you need to change modes often, just be careful not to flip it while the machine is on, they probably don't like that.
I can't think of any way to force PAL otherwise, maybe with some kind of degrader disk?
Old 11 July 2006, 17:40   #3
mr_a500
Amiga-based Cyborg

Get "Degrader" from Aminet. You can switch back and forth between PAL and NTSC without rebooting and also works with non-DOS. It has a GUI when run from WB, but you can also use command line without GUI (for adding to scripts or buttons). I have a couple buttons in my filemanager (ABCdir) - one for NTSC, one for PAL (eg. command for PAL "degrader 50hz 50hzsystem noeditop").
Old 11 July 2006, 18:00   #4
JimC

Degrader

Thanks.. I was playing with degrader last night and when I'd select the button that I forgot the name of.... basically stays after restart(s)... the screen would flash colors and then just sit there.

Perhaps I should boot without startup-sequence and try the command line.

Or I could just stop beating myself up and just use WHDLoad... but ya know.. I like the floppies!!
Old 12 July 2006, 02:30   #5
adolescent