English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Home Projects > project.EAB

Old 04 July 2005, 21:30   #121
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopos2000
I am a newbee myself. Maybe in the -prb. Hardware we could have sub sections for each system. Just an idea.

too many systems and configurations to make this worthwhile
Old 12 December 2005, 21:40   #122
NOB
Zone Friend

Maybe you could add a search function for Amiga Exclusives?
Old 12 December 2005, 22:35   #123
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOB
Maybe you could add a search function for Amiga Exclusives?
That'd be more use for HOL as opposed to EAB!
Old 13 December 2005, 10:37   #124
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Move the "Mark Forums Read" somewhere other than right next to the "Show Unread Posts" the number of times I've clicked on the wrong one by mistake
Old 13 December 2005, 15:43   #125
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh
Move the "Mark Forums Read" somewhere other than right next to the "Show Unread Posts" the number of times I've clicked on the wrong one by mistake
Hehehe

Just do what I do and bookmark the "Show Unread Posts" in your faves
Old 13 December 2005, 22:05   #126
Marcuz

heh you have to stop trying to use keybord and mouse with your feet, that's a feat for KG only
Old 19 December 2005, 18:34   #127
RCK
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh
I made a little more space between the two sentences
Old 20 December 2005, 04:38   #128
jobro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym
You cannot judge someone as a loser just because their first post seems lame to you or me or whoever!

What if the newbie never owned an Amiga?? they are gonna be baffled with the plethora of options winuae offers, what if all they ever did was own an a500 and only played games, there is a good chance they won't know the differences beween kick 1.3-kick3.1 or memory configs, never mind chipsets etc..

I think we should give users a chance to prove they are indeed lame over a few posts rather than jump on their case immediately!
Exactly my opinion Bippy.

The only reason why I joined was because I was searching for some programming related info about the amiga file system. He, I had an Amy1200 and I used it mainly for games.

Am I lame due to that?

I've got 10 years of PC experience and I'm trying the best as I can to help AMIGA users overcome the differences between AmigaOS and Windows.

Is that lame in your sence?

No offences, but with a risk of being banned I must hereby state my case.

If you call a new member lame then you'd better walk straight into your bathroom, turn on the light and take a look in the mirror. Do you see the face staring back at ya? That's the lame!
Old 20 December 2005, 04:42   #129
woody57

You above statement is really jumping in on a VERY old arguement between two members Jobro

The insulting statements on page two of this thread bear witness to just how personal things got

This is often the problem when you read only the first part of a thread or were not witness to the many other incidents that occured at the time.The only time a new member has been insulted or challenged recently is when they themselves have opened an arguement from that standpoint.

The early part of this thread is NOT how things have been handled for a VERY LONG time as the current moderation team is totally different than at the time this thread was started.

So the majority of your above post is only echoing why the change was needed, but I have to question why you seem to ask if you yourself are being judged ?

I have sent you a PM as I don't want to air this issue further in public as it rakes up history that has already been learnt from.

Last edited by woody57; 20 December 2005 at 15:04.
Old 20 December 2005, 11:30   #130
Marcuz

maybe this thread has run is course, i mean, if there are advices on how to imptove the board there's no obstacle in posting them as new threads or pm to the admin i think. after all there is a whole section called Project Eab out there.
Old 20 December 2005, 16:38   #131
BippyM
Global Moderator

Good point marco

If anyone has any EAB or Abime.net (for that matter) suggestions please either start a new thread in the project eab forum, or Email a Moderator/RCK

Thread closed