English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 16 January 2010, 01:22   #21
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm1 View Post
I wonder if its because I am installing BB 1 and 2 then Classic WB and BB3.rather than doing the 3 boing bags on a standard install and upgrading that to Classic WB......
I guess you'd have a better chance of success installing the three BBs straight off and then ClassicWB. After all, BB3 is meant to be installed on top of BB1/2.

Do you have a copy of scsi.device in DEVS:? The error message you are getting is saying that you don't. If it's not there, then where is it?
Old 16 January 2010, 01:35   #22
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Do you have DEVS:scsi.device?

If not, just remove the DEVS:scsi.device part from the LoadModule command. If you're just using it under WinUAE it's not needed anyway.
Old 16 January 2010, 01:48   #23
asm1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
Do you have DEVS:scsi.device?

If not, just remove the DEVS:scsi.device part from the LoadModule command. If you're just using it under WinUAE it's not needed anyway.

Uh I've looked and I don't have it this is on a fresly installed 0S 3.9 BB1 2 and 3. No wonder it doesnt work when I modify the startup sequence. it is looking for something that isn't there !

So I guess my question is, where can I get a nice scsi.device that is reasonably current ?

I would remove the line but once I get everything going in winuae it is going on a CF in my A1200, so I'd rather not.
Old 16 January 2010, 01:49   #24
Bloodwych

You are doing it the right way around - activate using a OS3.9+BB1&2, then install BB3. But this is off-topic, so post in that thread you created in the ClassicWB forum.

The file "Devs/scsi.device" isn't part of a OS3.9 install.

The file in a OS3.5/9 install for updating the scsi.device is called "Devs/Amiga ROM Update".

Unless BB3 is meant to add a new scsi.device to Devs:???? EDIT: For "LBA48 support", it would have to patch or provide a replacement.

Last edited by Bloodwych; 16 January 2010 at 02:06.
Old 16 January 2010, 08:07   #25
gulliver
BoingBagged

Yes, BoingBag3 is meant to add scsi.device to Devs: depending on the type of Amiga, the scsi.device will change accordingly during installation.
This and other rom modules should be loaded with LoadModule that is also included in BB3.
BoingBag3 docs attempt to explain that.

Anyway, if devs:scsi.device is not installed for some weird reason, you can do it manually just by leeching the corresponding file from the BB3 archive at Devs: and properly renaming it to scsi.device.

To make it simple: You say you want it for an A2000, so leech from BoingBag39-3.lha in the drawers \Files2\Devs the file that is named scsi_A600.device, move it to your actual Workbench Devs: folder and rename it to scsi.device. Reboot and now you will have the latest scsi.device for an A2000, version 44.2

Hope it helps!
Old 16 January 2010, 10:17   #26
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

I've changed the script for V1.0b so that it better handles cases such as UAE where there is no scsi.device.
Old 16 January 2010, 12:12   #27
Bloodwych

Thanks Minuous. I'll test the pack on the ClassicWB install, but it really shouldn't cause any issues apart from AmiWeb being in a different drawer.
Old 16 January 2010, 18:59   #28
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
while you at it why you put SYS:c/ when c: will do ?
Old 16 January 2010, 19:23   #29
Bloodwych

Also noticed the translator.library SYS:Prefs icon is still old style 2 colour OS3.0/1.

It needs updating to the Glowicon standard in order to blend in with OS3.9's other prefs icons.

I also had an issue with AHI prefs not working when double clicked. Something about a wrong version? Might be a fault my end though, so I'll test it on a clean OS39 install.
Old 16 January 2010, 19:53   #30
gulliver
BoingBagged

@Bloodwych
AHI prefs doesnt work, because it is the MUI version! It is a BB3 bug. What follows is the obvious bugfix.

@Minuous
If you are seen this:

BoingBag3 Bug fix for /prefs/AHI
You should simply delete AHI prefs from the archive, and so when BB3 is installed the old one, ReAction based will remain and work together with AHI 6.7.
Old 16 January 2010, 22:37   #31
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

>while you at it why you put SYS:c/ when c: will do?

I was thinking that it might be faster. However, on further reflection it probably isn't, because it would have to search the assign list for SYS: anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliver
AHI prefs doesnt work, because it is the MUI version! It is a BB3 bug. What follows is the obvious bugfix. You should simply delete AHI prefs from the archive, and so when BB3 is installed the old one, ReAction based will remain and work together with AHI 6.7.
OK, I will check this issue out, I hate MUI :-) . But do the two versions have equivalent functionality?

Re. the old-style translator prefs icon, I did mention this issue during beta testing. However I don't consider myself to be much of an artist so was hoping someone with some talent in this area would make such an icon. There doesn't seem to be a glowicon available for it at the present time.
Old 16 January 2010, 22:42   #32
Bloodwych

There are a range of icons available you can use for the translator prefs. I'll have look for a good one out of my collection and post it here.

EDIT - some options below. Not perfect, but better than a the current one!
Attached Files
File Type: zip TransPrefs.zip (8.5 KB, 233 views)

Last edited by Bloodwych; 16 January 2010 at 22:51.
Old 17 January 2010, 02:10   #33
gulliver
BoingBagged

Yes the ReAction AHI prefs is really much the same as the MUI one, with the obvious ClassAct vs. MUI differences. So dont worry.

I also declare myself not a good fanatic of MUI, but i have to recognize that for some reason that eludes me, the same app both on MUI and ReAction, works faster with MUI. With ReAction there is a noticeable slowness in the way the GUI for any program is built when executed, something that when using MUI, is almost instant. If anyone can shed some light on this subject, i will apreciate!
Old 17 January 2010, 10:05   #34
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Well, ReAction has a fully algorithmic layout engine, that is what seems to take the majority of the time. If MUI isn't, that would be a major factor.

Anyway, I have released V1.0c, which omits AHI prefs, and has a nice icon for Translator prefs.

As AISS is now part of OS4.11 it might be worth thinking about having it for BB4...opinions?
Old 17 January 2010, 17:29   #35
gulliver
BoingBagged

Thanks for the update and the information.

I never tryed AISS, Could you describe me what it actually does?
Old 17 January 2010, 18:54   #36
Etze
A3000-Fan

One Question: I got Boing Bag 2 from Haage & Partner, but the Link to BB1 from Amiga.com is broken. Where do I get it from?
Old 17 January 2010, 19:02   #37
gulliver
BoingBagged

http://os.amigaworld.de/index.php?lang=en&page=12
Old 17 January 2010, 19:12   #38
Etze
A3000-Fan

Ah, thx. My searches with google weren't successful...
Old 17 January 2010, 19:41   #39
asm1

Just a quick "Thank You"

The latest BB3 (1.0c) seems to install absolutely fine. I have done the aforementioned "modification" of the startup sequence and it works just fine. The scsi.device was even installed in DEVS.

Looking back I think what I did wrong was the "Novice Install" - I wasn't getting the list of Amiga models to install for, therefore it wasnt actually installing the scsi.device. Although that said, even when I DID use the intermediate install option I wasn't getting the list every time. Whatever it was/is 1.0c is working fine for me now.

Thanks again, and apologies for being a pain

Andrew
Old 17 January 2010, 20:48   #40
gulliver
BoingBagged

Okay, the Unofficial Boing Bag 4 got an update:

MooVid 1.7 beta
This is the last version of the popular 68k video player available. It contains, even more bugfixes and supported codecs.

For this and BoingBag 3 information and downloads go to:

http://lilliput.host-cafe.com

Last edited by gulliver; 17 January 2010 at 23:10.