English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 02 January 2019, 15:27   #281
lantus360

So let me get this right

you guys are bashing him because he used some assets from a 90s Capcom game and is charging for it? How many of you own an arcade cabinet with reproduction artwork. you probably paid for that. What about that Sega, Amiga , Atari, Nintendo t-shirt you bought your kid for Christmas - thats most likely not official too. Paid OpenBOR mods with lifted SNK/Capcom sprites and tiles?

that full WHDLoad collection you are running on your Amiga right now. You paid for all those games im assuming?

Stolen graphics my god - this man belongs in prison

this thread is cancer

Last edited by lantus360; 02 January 2019 at 15:48.
Old 02 January 2019, 15:56   #282
idrougge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Hermans View Post
I don't give a fuck about many things either but as soon as you say "they" you're including me. If you want to go that route how about this? from this moment on my music in cocobanana, the mods themselves, are public domain. Go make whatever you want with them. Just don't anyone count me in for anything amiga related anymore. If that's how people think of me even after doing it for free and not accepting any money from the donations either, I guess there's nothing for me to do here. Don't tell me I didn't try. Goodnight.

Just to be clear. I didn't sign any contract or agreement. I can do with the music whatever I want.
All respect to you, Dani Hermans. I don't know why anyone would blame you for any part in this mess.
Old 02 January 2019, 16:17   #283
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
Summary of games relased for Amiga in 2018. Maybe we missed something, but the most is there I believe:

http://www.lemonamiga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14957

Can't see meynaf's port of Sinbad
This list is a brilliant idea.
Old 02 January 2019, 16:37   #284
sokolovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lantus360 View Post
So let me get this right

you guys are bashing him because he used some assets from a 90s Capcom game and is charging for it? How many of you own an arcade cabinet with reproduction artwork. you probably paid for that. What about that Sega, Amiga , Atari, Nintendo t-shirt you bought your kid for Christmas - thats most likely not official too. Paid OpenBOR mods with lifted SNK/Capcom sprites and tiles?

that full WHDLoad collection you are running on your Amiga right now. You paid for all those games im assuming?

this thread is cancer
Plus, you can buy on ebay CF card full with Amiga games, or raspberry with Retropie and thousands of games but surely Capcom will be messed by some guy using old assets of a rare game in a game that is isn't even an adaptation on a machine last produced 25 years ago.
Old 02 January 2019, 16:40   #285
britelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steril707 View Post
I follow the C64 scene, and I still don't get what you are talking about.
Well, I originally replied to the statement that "this wouldn't happen in the C64 scene where people actually make good quality, original products", which to me reads an insinuation that everything released on c64 is of high quality, which I disagree with.

According to CSDB there were 2137 releases on C64 in 2018, I bet you can find quite a lot of medicore to bad stuff there

Quote:
In the end it's probably a ratio thing.
Now this I can kind of agree with.
Old 02 January 2019, 16:43   #286
grond

Quote:

I never paid any money for a WHDload collection. And I think that is precisely the point.
Old 02 January 2019, 16:49   #287
Hewitson

Quote:
Originally Posted by britelite View Post
Well, I originally replied to the statement that "this wouldn't happen in the C64 scene where people actually make good quality, original products", which to me reads an insinuation that everything released on c64 is of high quality, which I disagree with.
Certainly not trying to say that at all. I would say that overall the quality of titles being released on the c64 is far higher, but there's of course a lot of rubbish as well, just like on any other platform.
Old 02 January 2019, 16:57   #288
britelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
Certainly not trying to say that at all. I would say that overall the quality of titles being released on the c64 is far higher, but there's of course a lot of rubbish as well, just like on any other platform.
Alright, I can certainly agree that the quality of games in particular on the c64 is higher on average.
Old 02 January 2019, 17:32   #289
idrougge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiscoco View Post
For the rest, notice that it looks beautiful, has cheerful colors, Amiten has good taste combining things, and enjoy it more.
As long as your definition of "good taste" is plastering COPYRIGHT AMITEN 2018 in Topaz/8 all over horribly degraded DPaint conversions of gaudy children's clip art.

There is a Swedish saying that you know others as you know yourself. Considering that Amiten has a habit of taking other people's art and claim as his own, it's not surprising that he himself is very keen on putting his own name and copyright on every pixel he produces.
Old 02 January 2019, 18:34   #290
carrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steril707 View Post
I follow the C64 scene, and I still don't get what you are talking about.
Same here.

@Britelite
Were there any "stolen-game-gfx-dramas" situations on c64 lately that I'm now aware of? I thought I follow the scene and am up to date, but who knows.
maybe the thing is the C64 doesn't have Amos or Backbone issues? They still have SEUCK though.

[edit]
I read your reply to other post too late - sorry
[/edit]

On the subject of this thread...
well. My popcorn is over now but I keep reading...
Someone summed the whole drama here right - Lame. It's the word we used on damoscene - a lot.
Old 02 January 2019, 18:39   #291
britelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrion View Post
Were there any "stolen-game-gfx-dramas" situations on c64 lately that I'm now aware of?
My point was mainly that the c64 scene is in no way immune to rubbish releases and drama. But let's not get too off-topic, we can start a new thread if you wish to discuss this further.
Old 02 January 2019, 19:27   #292
Luiscoco

I only regret that due to all this, we can not participate in the February contest, we even thought to contribute money, but since the new game also has web graphics and all this problem, it will not be possible.

Edit: Apparently, they inform me that the graphics if you have a license

Since the first days of the contest, we had planned something, and it was also good if we achieved some important place.

I do not blame anyone, nor kikens always defended that point, nor damien who had a personal discussion. but the truth is that we all lost the opportunity to see or make a game, and one more contribution, and for me, it was lost to participate in something nice, and at the same time, maybe a prize, only bad flavors remain.

Last edited by Luiscoco; 02 January 2019 at 20:07.
Old 02 January 2019, 19:34   #293
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
Can't see meynaf's port of Sinbad
This list is a brilliant idea.
You are right, fixed now.
Old 02 January 2019, 20:50   #294
kikems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiscoco View Post
I only regret that due to all this, we can not participate in the February contest, we even thought to contribute money, but since the new game also has web graphics and all this problem, it will not be possible.

Edit: Apparently, they inform me that the graphics if you have a license

Since the first days of the contest, we had planned something, and it was also good if we achieved some important place.

I do not blame anyone, nor kikens always defended that point, nor damien who had a personal discussion. but the truth is that we all lost the opportunity to see or make a game, and one more contribution, and for me, it was lost to participate in something nice, and at the same time, maybe a prize, only bad flavors remain.
It's not a problem , you are interested in the feedback of community about your game and you receive it. Not take all this things as a troll action or hater action, personally you know I'm always think the same about stolen assets and I've let you know for years.
As I said before, I do not want you or your team to stop making games, I just want you to learn to do them in a respectful way.

It is possible that due to your own merits you can not present your game to the February competition, things have to be thought better before doing them, but the fault in this case is only from your team.
Still nothing prevents you from making your own game and sharing it on the internet.

About Damien, he has carried out his role of moderating in defense of the interests of the forum, as he should. We must admit that Amiten has not made it easy either.

Unfortunately none of this is new to you or your team, I just want you or your team to finally find the right way to behave in the Amiga community.

Last edited by kikems; 02 January 2019 at 20:58.
Old 03 January 2019, 01:42   #295
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

My idea about the right way to behave in the Amiga community is to help telling what's wrong with any game in development in a polite/helpful way. For example in the case that the graphics aren't public domain as they were seeming and as DamienD has recently seen, -that's why he has reopened this thread that he had closed- telling about that from the very beginning instead of waiting till the game is released and then telling about stolen graphics in the very first post. I'm meaning even in the case that you could have lost all of the contests in which your team (well, your partners) has competed against Amiten.

Giving that advice on time is very positive and very appreciated. Waiting and then complaining when it's been already released while knowing that from the very beginning (well, just if that was the case)... it has a name, it's called envy.

In any case it has been told too late as it looks like.

And also, the right way to behave in this thread would be to answer to Coco about how to improve this game or any other forgetting about the graphics as they don't matter At All to any improvement coding with whatever: AMOS in this case, but I'm very sorry to say that the people complaining here don't seem to have any idea/don't bother at all. Well, maybe I'm wrong, but... That's what's happening and that's why I'm sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cip060 View Post
...I remind you that the EAB server is full of commercial programs !!
What can I say?. I really don't mind having some payed advertisements and so, but there are some attitudes that could destroy many things here if they don't care about what's the right way to behave and just telling about whatever to the author before denouncing when it's too late or just when you see that the game behaves much better than yours and that you are always losing against him in any contest.

Last edited by Retrofan; 03 January 2019 at 05:14.
Old 03 January 2019, 04:27   #296
Hewitson

The commercial programs on the EAB server are basically abandonware. In most cases it hasn't been possible to purchase them for over 20 years.

You can't compare this to stealing artwork that is STILL FOR SALE, putting it in a game, and then selling it and making a profit. Only a fool would even try.
Old 03 January 2019, 04:45   #297
grelbfarlk

Quote:
So let me get this right

this thread is cancer

No, see:

Quote:
The commercial programs on the EAB server are basically abandonware. In most cases it hasn't been possible to purchase them for over 20 years.

You can't compare this to stealing artwork that is STILL FOR SALE, putting it in a game, and then selling it and making a profit. Only a fool would even try.

One of you must be wrong. There can only be two sides to an issue-forever. Always.

How dare CocoLuis in Venezuela (probably) which is experiencing devastating poverty and inflation, work on something that has a possible return of several Dozens of dollars possibly feeding him for days or even weeks.

And the Amigans which paid for the product without verifying each pixel group was not 100% created from scratch from the mouse pointer or keyboards of the developers? They're all $insertvillain.
Old 03 January 2019, 04:46   #298
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Puff... Make your own thread, please. I won't argue here against your "Basically" or "still for sale" as you should understand, but you also Shouldn't keep arguing about that if you like EAB as it is, so you also can't use it as a first reference to support your following and wrongly related argument.

And also, if you had readen the thread you could had seen that Amiten told from the very beginning that the graphics weren't his. He tried for a couple of days to create some -DamienD has posted those images and laughted as if Amiten hadn't tell that they weren't the images that he laterly used- but then he found some very nice ones on the web. Only the guy that denounced here seemed to know about those graphics. Of course it was very difficult to find information about those images, so it had to take him a lot of time searching and searching and so.

Last edited by Retrofan; 03 January 2019 at 05:35.
Old 03 January 2019, 05:53   #299
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
And also, the right way to behave in this thread would be to answer to Coco about how to improve this game or any other forgetting about the graphics as they don't matter At All to any improvement coding with whatever: AMOS in this case, but I'm very sorry to say that the people complaining here don't seem to have any idea/don't bother at all. Well, maybe I'm wrong, but... That's what's happening and that's why I'm sorry.
I don't know about luiscoco, and I don't know how much of Amiten its on his replies.

But look for threads about Dream of Rowan, and all the feedback it was given to "improve" the game was treated as hostile. Then Amiten saying "The game is what is", and trying to pass bugs as features of the game. It was a huge trainwreck IMO. And I saw something similar happening with Coco Banana before the "Hey, this is stolen graphics" stir arose.

I guess some people just can't bother anymore.
Old 03 January 2019, 06:30   #300
britelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
And also, if you had readen the thread you could had seen that Amiten told from the very beginning that the graphics weren't his.
Well, on the Coco Banana facebook-page he certainly tried to give the impression of having made all the graphics himself while asking for money, posting photos of himself "drawing" said graphics. And he credits himself for the graphics in the game, so no wonder people think he's being dishonest.