English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 23 January 2020, 14:33   #201
Jope
-

You can also hop on Freenode #mnt-amiga for some more direct support.
Old 23 January 2020, 21:52   #202
Vypr

As an update, I got on the IRC channel and was advised to try older firmware\driver and the card now works with the old 1.3 combo. This means I do have working RTG but will have to wait for a newer driver release to get proper use out of the network and USB because something in my particular A4000 doesn't like 1.5
Old 31 January 2020, 00:41   #203
emiespo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vypr View Post
As an update, I got on the IRC channel and was advised to try older firmware\driver and the card now works with the old 1.3 combo. This means I do have working RTG but will have to wait for a newer driver release to get proper use out of the network and USB because something in my particular A4000 doesn't like 1.5
Interesting post. I've also had some issues in my A4000D, but I'd rather wait for a new firmware rather than go ZII or slow 1.3...

My issues are:

1) card shows gfx corruption *when the 68060 data-cache* is enabled. Disabling it the card works fine, but the whole system becomes noticeably slow.
2) the drivers crash (I think it's the USB namely) if the ZZ9000 is the only card in the Zorro slot.

I am using OS3.9 with Romy (1MB roms!) + MMU.libraries with the updated 68060.library. Maybe something is not quite right there - however the good old Cybervision 3D still works a charm.

I reported all of the above in an email, but after weeks I got a really quick - as in written in a rush - and weird reply, making me thing that I have to have IRC open on my laptop and talk directly to them
Old 04 February 2020, 00:28   #204
SnkBitten
Amithlon Fanatic

Mine arrived Saturday, February 1. I'm hoping to have an opportunity to install it in my A4000T soon....it's just been a very busy year so far....I've not had a lot of free time to do anything.
Old 04 February 2020, 07:50   #205
Locutus

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiespo View Post
1) card shows gfx corruption *when the 68060 data-cache* is enabled. Disabling it the card works fine, but the whole system becomes noticeably slow.

This sounds entirely like the card's address space doesn't get added to a cache inhibit table.
Old 05 February 2020, 20:50   #206
mousehouse

Just wanted to let everybody know for future reference that I've been able to build ARM executables that load on the zz9000 using Mac OSX. The ARM target can be added using Homebrew.

Code:
brew tap ArmMbed/homebrew-formulae
brew install arm-none-eabi-gcc
After compiling the zz9k 68k loader software I've been able to load the compiled example code to the idle ARM core.

Output is not working yet, have to figure out what I'm doing wrong. As I did not install the P96 driver or anything for the card that might be the issue. But the Intuition window opens for "Conway" for example, but no output is visible (eg. there does not seem to be anything drawn on the screen).

More troubleshooting to do ;-)

NB. Would be great to have a compiled and statically linked version of the zz9k loader on Github in addition to the source...
Old 05 February 2020, 21:51   #207
Damion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutus View Post
This sounds entirely like the card's address space doesn't get added to a cache inhibit table.

^Good point. Should be able to check with Thor's tools (MuScan, MuSetCacheMode for testing, and if required a permanent entry in the MMU-configuration file).
Old 09 February 2020, 10:24   #208
IvanEBC

Except for some minor hiccups.... i got this working, i removed my X-Surf 100 as it doesn't seem necessary to have two ethernets and two USB devices, but i wonder if anyone has had any success with ZZ9000 Lan port and EasyNetPro.

Hate to have to go through all the config stuff again or new paid software since i already paid for EasyNetPro. The ZZ9000Net.device doesn't appear in EasynetPro config list.
Old 09 February 2020, 11:10   #209
Jope
-

I also found that the X-Surf 100 + RapidRoad combo can't coexist with the ZZ9000 LAN. There is an interrupt conflict.

No idea about EasyNetPro I'm afraid. Sounds strange that it has a hard coded list of network drivers instead of checking devs:networks for the drivers.
Old 09 February 2020, 16:24   #210
McTrinsic

What do you mean with interrupt conflict. How does it show??
Old 09 February 2020, 16:49   #211
Jope
-

It shows in the way that the zz9000net will not really receive packets when the X-Surf 100 is plugged in to the same machine. I didn't bother checking whether it was the X-Surf or the RapidRoad that was conflicting, I just pulled the X-Surf out and zz9000net started working for me.
Old 09 February 2020, 20:32   #212
moray

Hello!
My ZZ9000 arrived a week ago and this week end I had the time to install it.
I am seeing a issue when selecting one of the RTG screen modes, any of them, workbench/windows redraw is very very slow.. Anybody has seen this issue?
I have an Amiga 4000D with the 030 card, buster 9, OS 3.1.4 (rom installed) and I tried first with Picasso96 (aminet) then with the latest individual (bought on the fly hoping it would solve this issue).

I also have an A3640 at 33mhz and will try with that too..

Everything else warks very well, PAL modes, games etc. Some graphic glitch from time to time but nothing that bad.

Also, it was a bit difficult to physically install the card as it wasn't fitting well in the zorro slot, like it is 2-4mm too long...
Old 09 February 2020, 22:13   #213
Vypr

Quote:
Originally Posted by moray View Post
Hello!
My ZZ9000 arrived a week ago and this week end I had the time to install it.
I am seeing a issue when selecting one of the RTG screen modes, any of them, workbench/windows redraw is very very slow.. Anybody has seen this issue?
I have an Amiga 4000D with the 030 card, buster 9, OS 3.1.4 (rom installed) and I tried first with Picasso96 (aminet) then with the latest individual (bought on the fly hoping it would solve this issue).

I also have an A3640 at 33mhz and will try with that too..

Everything else warks very well, PAL modes, games etc. Some graphic glitch from time to time but nothing that bad.

Also, it was a bit difficult to physically install the card as it wasn't fitting well in the zorro slot, like it is 2-4mm too long...
Sounds like exactly the same issue I was having. It took six minutes to draw the test screen at 1024x768 and there was graphical glitches all over the screen.
Try downgrading the driver and firmware to 1.3, that worked for me.
Old 10 February 2020, 21:51   #214
emiespo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damion View Post
^Good point. Should be able to check with Thor's tools (MuScan, MuSetCacheMode for testing, and if required a permanent entry in the MMU-configuration file).
I've seen there's a MMU config entry for the VA2000 but none yet for the ZZ9000. I've tried with the supplied Rexx script to generate a more accurate config, but it didn't seem to have worked.

I'll give it a try to the MuScan + MuSetCacheMode, apart from that the only option left is to downgrade drivers + firmware
Old 16 February 2020, 14:21   #215
FranciscoJr

Hello,

My first impressions:

I just received the ZZ9000 r-2 and it is working fine with my A4000/040 warp engine 96MB ram. No issues for the graphics. Firmware 1.51 ok. Tested all resolutions until 1920x1080 16Bits. Native Amiga screen also ok. Installed Picasso 96 RTG software V 2.4.4 from Individual Computers. Very easy to install the card in its slot. Fits perfectly. Some problems only with zz9000.net (LAN) and USB port (very limited usage).

Picasso 96 Speed: Almost the same of Voodoo3 3000 with mediator, but voodoo is faster.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dnj...ew?usp=sharing

ZZ9000.net only works if the x-surf 100 is not plugged in same machine. But x-surf 100 works fine with ZZ9000 plugged. Using Roadshow TCP/IP stack.
This is a known issue, and perhaps it will be fixed next firmware, as informed by Lukas Hartmann.

Did not like the USB connection. Accepts only 4gb. And it is not so fast. Needs a driver for Poseidon. RapidRoad is much better than this.
Perhaps with next firmwares it will be better than now.
Could not transfer 128MB 32Bits Fastram from ZZ9000 to Amiga. This could be set manually or automatically, like as done in the Elbox Mediator. Waiting for a solution from MNT.

My conclusion at the present moment with the actual firmware:
I am going to use the graphics part of the zz9000 only and keep the x-surf 100 with rapidroad as lan and usb.

And congrats to Lukas Hartmann for his dedication in developing the ZZ9000 for the Amiga Computers. As Jens says, ¨good hardware for good computers¨.

Last edited by FranciscoJr; 15 April 2020 at 02:26.
Old 19 February 2020, 02:55   #216
ProfPlum

I'm sorry for hijacking this thread (for a software issue) but I am having a software issue with IBrowse and my setup (A2000 + zz9000 + OS 3.1) - I have posted my issue in the support.apps section and also tried to contact the IBrowse support forum as I need a resolution.

Is anywhere here using the ZZ on a Zorro 2 system and have successfully ran IBrowse 2.5?

Thank-you.
Old 01 July 2020, 23:54   #217
Acill
Tech Guru

Okay so this has been driving me crazy over the last few days. I think I narrowed it down with my Dell U2410 monitor not liking the native Amiga modes out of the ZZ9000 video slot adapter. I get nearly anything I boot from floppy disk or a Gotek to not show up on the HDMI output. RTG is fine, but it does take a bit after the machine boots to display my RTG screen. If its Native Amiga Modes its hit or miss. As an example, the 3.1.4 install disk boots but shows no output.

So after talking over in ORC I decided to try another monitor. I hooked up this cheap eBay Chinese 10" monitor, and its working fine with all the things I mentioned not working on the Dell. Uggg! This is my shop monitor because it displays native amiga modes over VGA with no flicker fixer or scan double needed. Its perfect for testing machine I repair. Why would it not work properly with the zz9000 HDMI output? Anyone using this monitor and have ideas? I have a 2nd one up on my office I can try to see if its just this monitor, but it works with everything else I throw at it.
Old 02 July 2020, 01:07   #218
Akiko

A noob question sorry, but what is the proper procedure to update the firmware on the ZZ9000?

Do I just format an SD card and put the file on there and then switch on the A4000T?

How do you know the update is in progress and when it's updated successfully?
Old 02 July 2020, 03:55   #219
Vypr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiko View Post
A noob question sorry, but what is the proper procedure to update the firmware on the ZZ9000?

Do I just format an SD card and put the file on there and then switch on the A4000T?

How do you know the update is in progress and when it's updated successfully?
That's exactly what you do, just put the bin file in the SD card. there is no 'update' procedure as it doesn't flash a ROM, it treats the SD card as the ROM
Old 02 July 2020, 22:05   #220
Akiko

@Vypr

thank you.