English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 02 September 2007, 10:56   #1
StarEye
Zone Friend

Multiboot on real Amiga?

I'm using an A1200 with Blizzard 1260 and 32mb fast, a Mediator PCI with Voodoo 3 graphics card and a network card, for internet connections. Works perfectly when I have my Amiga near my PC monitor (I share monitor and keyboard with the PC).

However, I would've liked to have a pure and clean 3.1 install to go back to, if I was to move my Amiga over to my main TV (which is a bit far from the PC) for some bigscreen multiplayer action. Is there a way to make my Amiga multiboot, by having the current install as well as a pure and simple 3.1 install which I can choose from when I boot the Amiga?
Old 02 September 2007, 11:28   #2
Doc Mindie
In deep Trouble

Yep. Make another partition on the HD, make it bootable (although with a lower pri than your normal one) and install the other OS on the new partition.

Now, to boot from the other partition, hold down both mouse buttons to get into the early startup screen, select boot otions... uhm.... the uppermost button ( :P ) and then select the partition you want to boot.

Simple, easy and fairly straight forward, IMO
Old 02 September 2007, 15:39   #3
StarEye
Zone Friend

Hah, now that you mention it, I've seen that boot from option many times. Even used it a few times. Wonder why I didn't think of that. Pure genius, just the reason why I love Amigas.

Thanks!
Old 18 June 2009, 21:08   #4
totimato

Question

Hi!

Is there a way to make a boot screen menu? So that without pressing both mouse buttons, Amiga stops and asks you what would you like to boot. If nothing is selected, it boots to first partition after 30 sec.?

Kind regards,

Old 19 June 2009, 00:09   #5
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarEye View Post
Hah, now that you mention it, I've seen that boot from option many times. Even used it a few times. Wonder why I didn't think of that. Pure genius, just the reason why I love Amigas.

Thanks!
It's like GRUB, only it's not shit, and 20 years before its time