English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 31 October 2009, 01:49   #1
GIB

keyboard probs

Hi all,
I have installed amigaforever, but when i go to AMIGABASIC in the workbench the i can use all the keys exept for (") & (=) keys. i have tryed all combinations but nothing gives me these keys. Can or will someone help me with this problem. I have a spanish keyboard with the (") above key 2 and the (=) above key 0 but when i use amigabasic, these keys are gone.
Many thank for ur help
Frank.
Old 01 November 2009, 02:07   #2
formater

If you use in startup-sequence keymap e, the equal key are placed in spanish open admiration side the backspace key. The Quotation marks are in the minus key side right shift key. In standard keymap quotation marks are in accent key side Ñ.
Old 01 November 2009, 15:14   #3
GIB

keymap:

Quote:
Originally Posted by formater View Post
If you use in startup-sequence keymap e, the equal key are placed in spanish open admiration side the backspace key. The Quotation marks are in the minus key side right shift key. In standard keymap quotation marks are in accent key side Ñ.

Hi friend
First of all lemme thank u for ur answer. My english is not so good, so i don´t realy understand what u mean can u be a little more specific pls ?
When i click in the AmigaBasic info menu then i see the keymaps, in there i must write: " Keymap=usa " or whatever keylayout i want. But the problem is that i can´t use the = key in keymaps so i can´t change it either. No as i understand from ur answer in regard to my keyboard layout i should use the shift key in order to acces the " = keys, but again, also this don´t work. And i am afraid to use the WINUAE because i don´t realy understand it cuz it´s all in english and a little complicated for me. I am afraid to make any changes in there as i think this is more for experienced users. I am using AmigaBasic from the very beginning in the early 80´s and programming in BASIC was fun. I´dlike to do this again and that´s the reason i bought the amigaforever plus 2009 pack. But what use does it have for me if i can´t use BASIC Please .
Again, many thanks for ur answer and sorry for my long reply.
Gib.
Old 01 November 2009, 15:47   #4
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Does this help you?

http://aminet.net/package/driver/input/WinSP

or this (but WAY older than the first one; I'd recommend the above)

http://aminet.net/package/driver/input/W95ekey

Last edited by andreas; 01 November 2009 at 15:53.
Old 01 November 2009, 16:45   #5
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
try changeing the locale in the prefs draw to your country

you might need extra keymaps files in devs:keymaps to corispond to your location
Old 02 November 2009, 02:04   #6
formater

My reply are about WINUAE, if you use a real Amiga, you must insert in the file startup-sequence who is en the directory S a line like this
keymap e
reset the computer and then you can use the spanish keyboard normally

If your first lenguage are spanish you can download a spanish translation in www.winuaespanol.com

Last edited by formater; 02 November 2009 at 02:40.
Old 03 November 2009, 13:39   #7
GIB

key problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfrog View Post
try changeing the locale in the prefs draw to your country

you might need extra keymaps files in devs:keymaps to corispond to your location
I have tryed every keymap possible provided in amigaforever 2009 pack but still can´t use the (") & (=) keys. nly the danish layout gives me this keys but when i try to save this layout a requester pops up telling me the " Can´t save, WB disk write protected " Now, how is this possible, i am working from my HD and don´t use a disk drive or ani other drives. amigaforever 2009 pack is installed on my HD. I also downloaded the EasyAmos program to try if the keys work on this one, but the same resuld. I am stuck, Please let someone bring me the right solution
Many thanks to all
GIB.
Old 21 November 2009, 05:41   #8
mcb

Just to clarify, in case you are using the "Workbench 1.3" environment in Amiga Forever, the command to use in the Shell or in the Startup-Sequence is "SetMap E".

This will result in a Spanish Amiga (not PC) keyboard layout, where the <"> is to the left of the right <Shift> key (with <Shift> pressed), and <=> is to the left of <Backspace>. You have to ignore what you visually see on the PC keyboard, as the Amiga is mapped slightly differently.

To visually explore the above, you can run KeyMap from the Tools directory.

This is one way of doing it, from inside the Amiga.