English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 03 August 2019, 14:32   #61
Hewitson

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! View Post
Learning how to crack didn't require understanding how to program....that much.
Depends what you're cracking! I can't speak for the Amiga but on the 64 some of the later EA protections were basically a virtual machine! Extremely complicated to crack.
Old 03 August 2019, 17:04   #62
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Penguin View Post
Amigas, obviously, along with family and cats. I've just taken up the ukulele in order to teach my son who dreams of being a rock superstar palaeontologist.

Mostly work though at the moment, getting ready to finally get my spacecraft into space early next year. I love space stuff so it's kind of a well paying hobby!
Great! Space stuff, going to Mars, finding where the 12th Planet is, and more..I wanted for a long time to be part of space traveling. Also really into crop circles and more. Being a member of MUFON I also enjoy keeping track of events around the globe. Not into conspiracy stuff at all...so I tend to ask better questions than most. Which is why I really dig and support MUFON and learning about Enki -- pre-humans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
Depends what you're cracking! I can't speak for the Amiga but on the 64 some of the later EA protections were basically a virtual machine! Extremely complicated to crack.
I'll concur with that. I started cracking with the 64... A friend of mine brought a few game for me to play..he knew I was poking around a lot anyway to see how the stuff was all connected. He left..said, "The manuals aren't included with those games. You want to play? Figure how.." HAHA! I remember being a...little...irritated but..I didn't keep that alive long. Not long...I was playing them all. He said, "Nice to have backups." Ha, ha, ha. As for EA, yeah...they were a bit more complicated. Okay, okay, I agree...depended on the crack. Laughing. I got into it because of making backups. When you had friends that weren't always careful when handing stuff, and it didn't matter how many times you tell them...it was good to have backups.

Something I have great appreciation for...still, the ability to power off at any time. C64, C128, or Amiga. Don't have to "shutdown"..as long data isn't being written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toples50 View Post
Collecting Apple Mac's.I have over 80 computers at the moment.
Woooaaahhh.....!! All put together? Shrinks would have a wonderful time discussing that. Muhahahah! 80 computers.. You have a lot of land? Hording or restoring? Now we know where all the Amiga 4000's have gone that people have been seeking. Haha!

Last edited by AC/DC HACKER!; 03 August 2019 at 17:27.
Old 03 August 2019, 23:56   #63
rare_j
Zone Friend

Quote:
Mostly work though at the moment, getting ready to finally get my spacecraft into space early next year. I love space stuff so it's kind of a well paying hobby!
Can you share with us some details about your spacecraft?
Old 06 August 2019, 09:39   #64
E-Penguin
Banana

Quote:
Great! Space stuff, going to Mars
Already been to Mars, now I'm headed to the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by rare_j View Post
Can you share with us some details about your spacecraft?
Gladly! http://sci.esa.int/solar-orbiter/

We're doing a spacecraft validation test this week, I'll try to get out some PR stuff put out on the ESA Operations website.

Fun fact : a moderately expanded A1200 is comparable to the platform's processing capabilities. Of course the payload instruments are marvels of miniaturisation and are like mini super-computers in some cases.
Old 06 August 2019, 14:40   #65
zipper

My genealogy project just goes on - benefitting what others have found. Could never guess it can go this far: Andris Andrisson (af Bolstaholm) ca. 1270
Bolstaholm, Åland, Finland. Andris Andrisson is your 20th great grandfather.
Old 06 August 2019, 22:21   #66
rare_j
Zone Friend

Quote:
Very impressive!
Old 07 August 2019, 03:02   #67
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Already been to Mars, now I'm headed to the sun

Gladly! http://sci.esa.int/solar-orbiter/

We're doing a spacecraft validation test this week, I'll try to get out some PR stuff put out on the ESA Operations website.

Fun fact : a moderately expanded A1200 is comparable to the platform's processing capabilities. Of course the payload instruments are marvels of miniaturisation and are like mini super-computers in some cases.
Fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipper View Post
My genealogy project just goes on - benefitting what others have found. Could never guess it can go this far: Andris Andrisson (af Bolstaholm) ca. 1270
Bolstaholm, Åland, Finland. Andris Andrisson is your 20th great grandfather.
We're all traceable to Sumerian times. Cuneiform tablets give an amazing history of how humans came into being. Predates all religions on this planet.
Old 07 August 2019, 14:07   #68
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
We're all traceable to Sumerian times. Cuneiform tablets give an amazing history of how humans came into being. Predates all religions on this planet.
O boy...

My cuneiform is kind of 'rusty', care to explain how did we came into being??

My Egyptian religion has it's own idea how did world start ...

Just watch following video @ about 2 min.

[ Show youtube player ]

You will find couple of interesting things in this video that for some reason were removed from our history books. (wonder why )

BTW, this are one of my non amiga interest - ancient history and religions.

Last edited by Anubis; 07 August 2019 at 15:10.
Old 07 August 2019, 14:15   #69
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post

Everybody knows world was created by Jay Miner.
Old 08 August 2019, 20:29   #70
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
O boy...

My cuneiform is kind of 'rusty', care to explain how did we came into being??

Just watch following video @ about 2 min.

[ Show youtube player ]

You will find couple of interesting things in this video that for some reason were removed from our history books. (wonder why )

BTW, this are one of my non amiga interest - ancient history and religions.
I think we have to be careful on the subject here, because it's not one of the many fora for such a discussion, but a friendly chat..I'm always cool with and debunking poor logic/intuition of organized stuff I'm always cool with. But heated and screaming matching, and some people really become involved that way, is not something I'll join in for long. Must be calm and cool.

Short version. The names of the Beings that were here before the many attempts to create human workers to do the mining for gold..have changed several times through _human_ history. There were also Beings that stayed behind and are still around today. Example, There is a Genealogy of those Beings documented from the Cuneiform tablets, and you can follow the name changes through earth/human history. Egypt is extremely fascinating to me...and the Pyramids aren't merely for holding "the croaked". They are machines with their caps removed..so they're deactivated. I agree also that much is still under the sand.

I was born into 1 organized religion and left it after the logic failed on many levels (Trinity, Savior, blah, blah..), other than merely remembering those are not accurate. When you read the pages of the "book", you can tell it's not metaphorical, it's heavily edited BUT still very descriptive of flying machines and technology as well as much, much more. I adore the "caring stories" within it, but the historical accounts were like calling cards to me, or bread crumbs to me... I wanted to remember and know more. Years of great Amiga usage, and religious history digging. Sort of like what Dan Brown does.. I'm not a sheep, not into following..and nodding blindly - to others who wish to wield power over others.

I have also seen ships, and watched videos taken by other people I knew who were and weren't messin' with me. When I first read Erich's first book, I was trembling with excitement because he was asking very, very close to the same questions I was. Though I was still often told you just have to "believe". If it doesn't fit well with my intuition I'm not going to blindly accept something. So, along with Erich all through these years, and others, it's been a fascinating trek..how deep the Rabbit Hole goes. On Mars, they'll find stuff as they have here...as well as on other planets. When I was small, before it was even discussed, I knew a planet was destroyed. But when you're small, and your mind's vocabulary is still very limited...you're not taking honestly in what you attempt to tell people. You're considered imagining stuff...or an over active mind. I am glad that has been changing through the years; for others also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post

Everybody knows world was created by Jay Miner.
In the 90's I used to talk often about Jay Miner..and educate people about the fantastic hardware and OS when MS-DOS and Windows was being discussed. Often, it was met with a blank look - until I showed them. Geniuses and their teams, or only a single inventor are often not noticed globally..(Tesla) until long after. But a name of a person isn't so important as the impact made. Fame and glory aren't nearly as cool as the passion that's created and continues on. Smiling.