English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga File Server

Old 18 April 2014, 07:55   #81
Solo761

I found what was the issue. When starting via aglaunch it expects to find .info file. For Battle Isle there isn't one. That's why it says

Quote:
Couldn't load "DH1:WHDLoad/B/BatlleIsle/BattleIsle" object not found
agl:c/wbrun failed returncode 20
But there's Program.info which runs the game. If I browse to game folder and double click on Program icon (Program.info) it starts the game fine. I copied and renamed Program.info to BattleIsle.info and AGlaunch now starts the game without problems. I guess it would also work to edit AGLaunch guide file and change the last part from BattleIsle to Program.

"Damaged" issue was due to program switches. I tried by entering simple "whdload BattleIsle.Slave" in shell and it "errored" every time.
In Program.info I saw bunch of switches, preload, preloadsize and custom1. When I entered all of them "whdload Preload PreloadSize=2085664 Custom1=3 BattleIsle.Slave" the game worked. It also worked with only "whdload Custom1=3 BattleIsle.Slave" so I guess that "custom1" is the culprit.

At least now when I get that error I'll know where to look, for missing or differently named .info file .
Old 26 April 2014, 23:21   #82
Solo761

I've been checking games and found some more "problematic" ones. Problems arise when .info file, that's used to start the game, is not the same as folder name. Someone would have to create AGLaunch files manually to cover all cases, which would be extremely time consuming, automatic script generation can only go so far.

One of the examples is BattleIsle, it has BattleIsle.Slave, but info files with paramteres are Programm.info and Vorspann.info, one starts the actual game, the other starts the intro, and in some other cases one .info starts the base game, and the other one starts expansion.

Anywhooo, here are the changes I made, first one is the line in current guide file, second is what it needs to be replaced with.

Code:
agl-a.guide

@{"Alcatraz" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:A/Alcatraz/Alcatraz"}                      @{"AlchemyDemo" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:A/AlchemyDemo/AlchemyDemo"}
-->
      @{"Alcatraz" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:A/Alcatraz/Alcatraz"}                      @{"AlchemyDemoMine" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:A/AlchemyDemo/AlchemyDemoMine"}
      @{"AlchemyDemoSnow" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:A/AlchemyDemo/AlchemyDemoSnow"}               @{"AlchemyDemoVillage" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:A/AlchemyDemo/AlchemyDemoVillage"}

@{"ATrain&ConstrSet512k" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:A/ATrain&ConstrSet512k/ATrain&ConstrSet512k"}          @{"ATrain&ConstructionSet" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:A/ATrain&ConstructionSet/ATrain&ConstructionSet"}
-->
      @{"ATrain&ConstrSet512k" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:A/ATrain&ConstrSet512k/ATrain&ConstrSet512k"}          @{"ATrain&ConstructionSet" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:A/ATrain&ConstructionSet/ATrain&ConstructionSet"}
      @{"ATrain&ConstrSet512k - Atrain" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:A/ATrain&ConstrSet512k/ATrain512k"} @{"ATrain&ConstructionSet - Atrain" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:A/ATrain&ConstructionSet/ATrain"}

agl-b.guide

@{"BartVsSpaceMutants2Disk" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:B/BartVsSpaceMutants2Disk/BartVsSpaceMutants2Disk"}       @{"BartVsTheWorld" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:B/BartVsTheWorld/BartVsTheWorld"}
-->
      @{"BartVsSpaceMutants2Disk" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:B/BartVsSpaceMutants2Disk/BartVsSpaceMutants2Disk"}       @{"BartVsSpaceMutants2Disk Intro" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:B/BartVsSpaceMutants2Disk/Intro2Disk"}
      @{"BartVsTheWorld" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:B/BartVsTheWorld/BartVsTheWorld"}

@{"BattleIsle" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:B/BattleIsle/BattleIsle"}                    @{"Battlemaster" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:B/Battlemaster/Battlemaster"}
-->
      @{"BattleIsle" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:B/BattleIsle/Programm"}                    @{"BattleIsle Intro" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:B/BattleIsle/Vorspann"}
      @{"Battlemaster" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:B/Battlemaster/Battlemaster"}

@{"BattleIsle&DataDisks" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:B/BattleIsle&DataDisks/BattleIsle&DataDisks"}          @{"BattleIsleDeIntro" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:B/BattleIsleDeIntro/BattleIsleDeIntro"}
--> (removed BattleIsleDeIntro as it won't run due to missing file)
      @{"BattleIsle Exp Game" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:B/BattleIsle&DataDisks/Programm"}           @{"BattleIsle Exp Intro" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:B/BattleIsle&DataDisks/Vorspann"}
      @{"BattleIsle Exp Moon of Chromos" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:B/BattleIsle&DataDisks/Moon"}@{"BattleIsle Exp Desert Scenario" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:B/BattleIsle&DataDisks/Wueste"}

@{"Bloodwych&ExtendedLevels" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:B/Bloodwych&ExtendedLevels/Bloodwych&ExtendedLevels"}      @{"Bloodwych" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:B/Bloodwych/Bloodwych"}
-->
      @{"Bloodwych" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:B/Bloodwych/Bloodwych"}
      @{"Bloodwych&ExtLevels - Game" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:B/Bloodwych&ExtendedLevels/Bloodwych"}    @{"Bloodwych&ExtLevels - Exp" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:B/Bloodwych&ExtendedLevels/ExtendedLevels"}

agl-c.guide

@{"Cadaver&CadaverThePayoff" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:C/Cadaver&CadaverThePayoff/Cadaver&CadaverThePayoff"}      @{"CadaverDemos" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:C/CadaverDemos/CadaverDemos"}
-->
      @{"Cadaver&ThePayoff - Cadaver" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:C/Cadaver&CadaverThePayoff/Cadaver"}   @{"Cadaver&ThePayoff - Payoff" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:C/Cadaver&CadaverThePayoff/CadaverThePayoff"}
      @{"CadaverDemos 1" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:C/CadaverDemos/CadaverDemo1"}                @{"CadaverDemos 2" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:C/CadaverDemos/CadaverDemo2"}
      @{"CadaverDemos 3" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:C/CadaverDemos/CadaverDemo3"}

@{"ChaosInAndromeda" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:C/ChaosInAndromeda/ChaosInAndromeda"}              @{"ChaosStrikesBack&DeUtil" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:C/ChaosStrikesBack&DeUtil/ChaosStrikesBack&DeUtil"}
      @{"ChaosStrikesBack&EnUtil" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:C/ChaosStrikesBack&EnUtil/ChaosStrikesBack&EnUtil"}       @{"ChaosStrikesBack&FrUtil" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:C/ChaosStrikesBack&FrUtil/ChaosStrike
-->
      @{"ChaosInAndromeda" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:C/ChaosInAndromeda/ChaosInAndromeda"}              
      @{"ChaosStrikesBackDe" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:C/ChaosStrikesBack&DeUtil/ChaosStrikesBack"}            @{"ChaosStrikesBackDe Util" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:C/ChaosStrikesBack&DeUtil/GermanUtilityDisk"}
      @{"ChaosStrikesBackEn" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:C/ChaosStrikesBack&EnUtil/ChaosStrikesBack"}            @{"ChaosStrikesBackEn Util" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:C/ChaosStrikesBack&EnUtil/EnglishUtilityDisk"}
      @{"ChaosStrikesBackFr" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:C/ChaosStrikesBack&FrUtil/ChaosStrikesBack"}            @{"ChaosStrikesBackFr Util" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:C/ChaosStrikesBack&FrUtil/FrenchUtilityDisk"}

agl-g.guide

@{"Goldrunner2&SceneryDisks" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:G/Goldrunner2&SceneryDisks/Goldrunner2&SceneryDisks"}      @{"Goldrunner" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:G/Goldrunner/Goldrunner"}
-->
      @{"Goldrunner2 Exp Game" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:G/Goldrunner2&SceneryDisks/Goldrunner2"}          @{"Goldrunner2 Exp Scenery Disk 1" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:G/Goldrunner2&SceneryDisks/SceneryDisk1"}
      @{"Goldrunner2 Exp Scenery Disk 2" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:G/Goldrunner2&SceneryDisks/SceneryDisk2"}@{"Goldrunner" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:G/Goldrunner/Goldrunner"}

agl-h.guide

@{"HiredGunsDemo512KB" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:H/HiredGunsDemo512KB/HiredGunsDemo512KB"}            @{"HistorylineDe" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:H/HistorylineDe/HistorylineDe"}
      @{"HistorylineFr" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:H/HistorylineFr/HistorylineFr"}                 @{"Historyline" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:H/Historyline/Historyline"}
-->
      @{"HiredGunsDemo512KB" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:H/HiredGunsDemo512KB/HiredGunsDemo512KB"}
      @{"HistorylineDe" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:H/HistorylineDe/HistorylineDe"}                 @{"HistorylineDe Intro" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:H/HistorylineDe/HistorylineIntroDe"}
      @{"HistorylineFr" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:H/HistorylineFr/HistorylineFr"}                 @{"HistorylineFr Intro" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:H/HistorylineFr/HistorylineIntroFr"}
      @{"Historyline" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:H/Historyline/Historyline"}                   @{"Historyline Intro" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:H/Historyline/HistorylineIntro"}

agl-k.guide

@{"KickOff96" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:K/KickOff96/KickOff96"}                     @{"KickOff&ExtraTime1Disk" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:K/KickOff&ExtraTime1Disk/KickOff&ExtraTime1Disk"}
      @{"KickOff&ExtraTime2Disk" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:K/KickOff&ExtraTime2Disk/KickOff&ExtraTime2Disk"}        @{"KickOff" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:K/KickOff/KickOff"}
-->
      @{"KickOff96" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:K/KickOff96/KickOff96"}                     @{"KickOff" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:K/KickOff/KickOff"}
      @{"KickOff&ExtraTime1Disk Game" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:K/KickOff&ExtraTime1Disk/KickOff1Disk"}   @{"KickOff&ExtraTime1Disk ExtraTime" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:K/KickOff&ExtraTime1Disk/ExtraTime1Disk"}
      @{"KickOff&ExtraTime2Disk Game" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:K/KickOff&ExtraTime2Disk/KickOff2Disk"}   @{"KickOff&ExtraTime2Disk ExtraTime" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:K/KickOff&ExtraTime2Disk/ExtraTime2Disk"}

agl-p.guide

@{"Populous2&ChallengeGames" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:P/Populous2&ChallengeGames/Populous2&ChallengeGames"}      @{"Populous2" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:P/Populous2/Populous2"}
      @{"Populous&DataDisks" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:P/Populous&DataDisks/Populous&DataDisks"}            @{"Populous" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:P/Populous/Populous"}
-->
      @{"Populous" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:P/Populous/Populous"}                      @{"Populous&DDisk Main" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:P/Populous&DataDisks/Populous"}
      @{"Populous&DDisk Final Frontier" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:P/Populous&DataDisks/FinalFrontier"} @{"Populous&DDisks Promised Lands" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:P/Populous&DataDisks/PromisedLands"}
      @{"Populous2" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:P/Populous2/Populous2"}                     @{"Populous2&ChallengeGames Game" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:P/Populous2&ChallengeGames/Populous2"}
      @{"Populous2&ChallengeGames Exp" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:P/Populous2&ChallengeGames/ChallengeGames"}

agl-r.guide
--> (folder and file name of Rüsselsheim (german version of Detroit) is corrupted due to letter "ü", I changed it to "ue" in every instance, including info file that starts the slave)
      @{"Ruesselsheim" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:R/Ruesselsheim/Ruesselsheim"}

agl-s.guide

@{"StripPoker2+&DataDisk1" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:S/StripPoker2+&DataDisk1/StripPoker2+&DataDisk1"}        @{"StripPoker2+" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:S/StripPoker2+/StripPoker2+"}
--> (You have to remove "+" from filename StripPoker+.info in StripPoker2+ folder, if it's present it doesn't work. I guess because "+" is special character in shell)
      @{"StripPoker2+&DataDisk1" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:S/StripPoker2+&DataDisk1/DataDisk1"}        @{"StripPoker2+" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:S/StripPoker2+/StripPoker2"}

agl-t.guide

TimeRunnersSeries
--> 
	This looks the same as separate TimeRunners folders (TimeRunners01..30), just compiled into one with separate slave files. I didn't edit this as it would simply duplicate previous, separate, entries

agl-u.guide

@{"Utopia&NewWorlds" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:U/Utopia&NewWorlds/Utopia&NewWorlds"}              @{"Utopia" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:U/Utopia/Utopia"}
-->
      @{"Utopia" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:U/Utopia/Utopia"}                        @{"Utopia&NewWorlds Main" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:U/Utopia&NewWorlds/Utopia"}
      @{"Utopia&NewWorlds NewWorlds" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:U/Utopia&NewWorlds/NewWorlds"}

agl-v.guide

@{"Vroom&DataDisk" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:V/Vroom&DataDisk/Vroom&DataDisk"}                @{"VroomMultiPlayer" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:V/VroomMultiPlayer/VroomMultiPlayer"}
--> (although, Vroom doesn't work, either plain one, or the one with expansion, garbled screen and then "Illegal instruction"
      @{"Vroom&DataDisk Main" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:V/Vroom&DataDisk/Vroom"}           @{"Vroom&DataDisk Data Disk" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:V/Vroom&DataDisk/DataDisk"}
      @{"VroomMultiPlayer" SYSTEM "agl:c/wbrun A-Games:V/VroomMultiPlayer/VroomMultiPlayer"}
If anyone needs edited files I attached zip file. I used Turran's 2.1 guides. Only downside is that there are few places that have "empty spot". There's no easy way to move all entries by a spot so where I needed to insert one I just made new line with that entry, but that's just cosmetic. Here's an example with Populous and it's expansions.

Attached Files
File Type: zip Guides.zip (23.2 KB, 409 views)
Old 27 April 2014, 23:32   #83
Turran

I could change my script and add one "button" for each info file found. If an info file exists that is NOT the same name as the foldername, add another button called something like <foldername> - <infoname>

Would that help? Would give you two options for BattleIsle (for example)
BattleIsle - Programm
BattleIsle - Vorspann
Old 03 May 2014, 00:16   #84
Solo761

That would get too messy , there are at least 2-3 info files for every game, there's usually a manual, cheats, walk trough and similar files.

That would help, but I think it would make things hard to use, although, I've noticed that these other info files are smaller in size, usually they are below 2 kB. Executable info files are usually 7+ kB.

But it seems I'm the only one who had problems with how it is. If everyone else is happy with how it is there's no real need to change anything. If someone has problems I had I guess google will find this page .
Old 03 May 2014, 12:58   #85
fgh

Thanks for doing this Turran, great stuff! The new AGLaunch files as well!

Some suggestions for the next version, or for other bash wizards if you would be interested:
  • [AGLaunch] Sort original games before sequels, international versions and other name suffixes.
  • [AGLaunch merged sets] List AGA games in line with the other games?
  • [AGLaunch and game files] Remove foreign language games? (_Cz/De/Dk/Es/Fr/It/Pl)
These are merely some well meant minor suggestions.
Old 04 May 2014, 12:40   #86
Turran

All good suggestions. I'd have to put the result from the script into a temp file that can be sorted an manipulated in all sorts of ways before creating the actual lists.

Can be done!

Personally, I do not even use AGLaunch as there are a lot of launchers out there working just fine. I'm a big fan of XbEnCH myself.
Old 07 May 2014, 22:01   #87
Solo761

I guess that's one of the "features" of whdload, nothing's perfect . I've just tried xbench, I'm still a bit new in amiga world so I don't know how much whdload managers there is. BattleIsle became my test polygon , xbench has duplicate entries for it, one from plain BattleIsle, the other from BatleIsle and addons folder, but unfortunately id doesn't differentiate these entries, that would be the "feature" of whdload .
Old 15 May 2014, 04:18   #88
eebuckeye

These files are great but I'm having problems transferring the games from my PC harddrive to my compact flash. I am using a Sandisk 16GB card with two partitions (500MB boot and 14GB games). I tried FFS and kept getting checksum errors and had to revalidate many many times. I just tried SFS and it was working perfect through E and then I got an error 81 block does not match what is expected (or something like that).

The CF boots to my Amiga fine and I am using a new Sandisk CF reader. I picked both because of the compatibility with Amiga and it has been great except when I transfer thousands of files like WHDLoad games.

Any suggestions? This has been extremely frustrating and seems like no one else has these sorts of issues. I had the same issue with a 4GB CF card (with 500MB boot) with another CF reader too.

Thanks!
Old 15 May 2014, 11:09   #89
breech

Have a try with PFS3AIO, stick to the partition geometry mentioned in thread. Also, if transferring from UAE try the file transfers at normal speed rather than turbo mode. Let us know what works for you.
Old 15 May 2014, 11:26   #90
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Eebuckeye I started getting these errors when my old card reader was dying. That's why it was the first thing I mentioned in your other thread. I never use ffs for larger drives due to validation.

I think you have a hardware issue somewhere to either cf, reader or maybe even bad ram /usb issue on your pc?

I'd be happy to setup the cf for you if you send it to me, maybe I can even make an image you can write back to it and deliver electronically but I won't be able to do anything until the weekend.

By the way thanks guys for the whdload updates, I've just updated all mine, really appreciate the effort :-)
Old 15 May 2014, 15:35   #91
eebuckeye

Thanks both of you.

Fitzsteve - you have been awesome.. I will keep trying new things as suggested as this can NOT be this difficult!! Good grief!?! :-) I also ordered another Sandisk compact flash and different card reader. I will also try a different system... I'm trying to eliminate everything.. ARGH...
Old 15 May 2014, 16:01   #92
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Personally I use the transcend 133x CF's, they're cheaper and I've found them to be very reliable.

Incidentally my CF reader that died was a SanDisk but the one I use now is a cheap one!
Old 16 May 2014, 14:12   #93
sic

Updated WHDLoad Demos/Games pack.

Is there a whdload.xml for winuae/whdloader that includes the scene demos?

Edit. Made my own xml.

Last edited by sic; 18 May 2014 at 13:22. Reason: solved

Old 19 June 2014, 13:34   #94
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

When merging the updates into the old games folder, what's the best way of doing it? I don't want to just "overwrite existing files" as that may leave lots of cruft around that doesn't need to be there anymore. Deleting each game one by one seems like a very long-winded way of doing it. What do you guys do?
Old 19 June 2014, 13:41   #95
Turran

I actually delete the old ones folders first and overwrite the .info files.
Old 24 August 2014, 13:35   #96
Turran

New update pack, 2.2, is out. I've also created new AGLaunch files for the 2.2 update if you want those as well.

I might also point out that there is a WHDLoad torrent on a famous torrent site for you Pleasure D=).
You might want to use that one instead. That is entirely up to you. It is not based on this pack but maintained separately as far as I know.

If you use the AGLaunch files, I'd like to point out this thread as well. You'll need to do some manual work.
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=951409&postcount=82
Old 24 August 2014, 15:40   #97
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Nice one..

For the AGLaunch, do I get the merged zip for both AGA and Non Aga?
Old 24 August 2014, 15:54   #98
Turran

Depends on if you use both the non AGA and AGA games. If you have both, you want one of the merged zips, depending on HOW you store them.
See the readme.txt in the same folder.
Old 24 August 2014, 15:56   #99
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
Depends how you store the WHDLoad games. See the readme file in that folder.
All stored together in separate folders as in A-B-C-D-E
Old 24 August 2014, 15:57   #100
Turran

Both AGA and non AGA just thrown into the same folder?