English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.GameBase Amiga

Old 20 July 2009, 22:19   #1
Hercules
Vodka monster.

Gamebase Amiga - Help eLowar with this project!

Is their anyone who is a fan of Gamebase Amiga and wants to help with the project? eLowar has recently taken over the project, and has set up a new website at the existing url:- http://gbamiga.elowar.com/ As a newbie, the problem is that since Gamebase hasn't been updated in a while, the wiki no longer exists, and users are having to search these forums for answers to problems. eLowar has kindly just got the site up and running after one of my posts, but he could probably do with some help to ease the workload... Maybe eLowar would be greatful for people to help him get the new Gamebase Amiga website up and running? So this is an appeal to anyone who can help him with this task. Their is no harm in asking, and I'm sure he would be entirely greatful...
Old 20 July 2009, 22:35   #2
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

No no no, this is false information. I have always run the website (and will set it up again before too long, I'm just trying to restore some old data right now) and I have most certainly not taken over anything. I have no wish nor the ability to maintain the database to Belgarath's standards, so the project will remain dormant until he decides anything else (if/whenever that may happen).

If somebody wants to write nice tutorials and docs, that would be welcome (and I will happily publish anything that's up to a certain quality standard), but no other help is needed/wanted.
Old 20 July 2009, 22:42   #3
Hercules
Vodka monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLowar View Post
No no no, this is false information. I have always run the website (and will set it up again before too long, I'm just trying to restore some old data right now) and I have most certainly not taken over anything. I have no wish nor the ability to maintain the database to Belgarath's standards, so the project will remain dormant until he decides anything else (if/whenever that may happen).

If somebody wants to write nice tutorials and docs, that would be welcome (and I will happily publish anything that's up to a certain quality standard), but no other help is needed/wanted.
Just trying to help !
Old 20 July 2009, 22:43   #4
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
Just trying to help !
Yes, I appreciate the thought, I just wanted to clarify the situation, so people don't get the wrong idea.
Old 20 July 2009, 22:45   #5
Hercules
Vodka monster.

No problem :-)