English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 29 January 2013, 11:08   #21
crazyc

OK - using same setup but dropping back from an 060 cpu to a 030 and it loads....
Does this come with 060 drivers included or do I need to add them? the 3.9 folder I based this on seemed to run OK so I assumed I had installed them previously.

EDIT - reinstalling the 060 libs over the top resolved my issue.
Now how to turn off the drawer opening and closing sounds?

EDIT EDIT: Sounds sorted but I seem to have broken Opus....

Last edited by crazyc; 29 January 2013 at 13:56.
Old 29 January 2013, 12:47   #22
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

This is important to know, so thanks PeterK:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK
Of course, it should always be possible to use a screenmode with more than 16 colors, too. As long as the first 16 colors are locked with FullPalette or other similar tools, it should work perfectly with 64, 128 or whatever number of colors. All icons would simply look a little better than before.
So you can leave your AmiKit to use just 16 colors or use whatever amount (256 I'm trying now, although I think I will use 64). It will look just.... better than ever . Anyway my wallpapers are remapped for 16 colors and surely anothers remapped for example for 256 colors if you use them will look better if using those colors.

If you are just using it under emulation you can also set it to use 256 colors instead of 16.

Edit: crazyc if you want to use Workbench insteal of Magellan, you just have to use MorpheuZ (icon on screen), select it as Enviroment, wait till your hardware saves it to the HD (some seconds) and reboot. Then you'll have Workbench running instead of Magellan

Last edited by Retrofan; 31 January 2013 at 11:41.
Old 30 January 2013, 23:35   #23
lukassid

Ok so here is what I did:
1. Installed 3.9 and BB1,BB2 on my CF card on real Amiga
2. In WinUAE I copied CF contest to Folder (Virual hard drive)
3. Under Windows I unzipped that file and replaced all the files.
4. Succes, When I select that folder as a Hard Drive (name device as Amikit) in WinUAE AmiKit boots fine and everything works.

Now how the hell I put this back to CF card to use in real Amiga? Windows can't see that CF card obviously.
I'm trying to compress whole hard drive to lha using EasyADF but it taking loooooooooooong time as I'm writing this.
Old 31 January 2013, 00:09   #24
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

If you can boot your Amikit from an Archive with Winuae you can also add later as Hard Drive your Cf hard drive (yes, both). Then you can quickformat your Cf booting partition and using Dopus (icon on screen) copy the contents of Amikit to the Cf booting partition, later rename it as AmiKit and change the icon (CopyIcon on screen).

Then you can just leave your Cf as hard drive and boot from it .

Edit: If you Cf Hd has the booting partition named also as AmiKit, you can boot just from it and rename it first. Or you can boot with the Install floppy and rename your HD as "AmiKit1" for example, and after you've copied all of the files with Dopus you can rename it to AmiKit to use it on the real miggy).

Last edited by Retrofan; 21 May 2015 at 02:23.
Old 31 January 2013, 01:23   #25
lukassid

Yes I done it.

It don't work on A600 with ACA620. Aca tune set to maxmem.
Not enough ram to start system. I disabled loading screen and It works with ECS emu under WinUAE with 16Mb Ram.
Nice try.

Anyway great stuff this Amikit. Well done on conversion.

Ps: Someone please make kick ass a600 accelerator with more ram than ACA620
Old 31 January 2013, 01:54   #26
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Have you tried using just 8 colors? Also you can use Workbench as Enviroment (MorpheuZ icon on screen), that wastes less ram, and change the WB prefs to use for the images Other memory, and move Limpid Clock in WBStartup to the Disabled drawer. But I guess that you need more mem as you say to run all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukassid View Post
Ps: Someone please make kick ass a600 accelerator with more ram than ACA620
It seems you should use an ACA630 that Mfilos uses to run OS39. I've only found this http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=63998

Last edited by Retrofan; 31 January 2013 at 11:24.
Old 31 January 2013, 12:17   #27
lukassid

Aca 620 works well with os 3.9 and classic workbench 3.9 but those use dramatically less ram than amikit. Os 3.9 works even without maxmem parameter (5mb ram only) but it quickly runs out of ram when you run applications. With maxmem it runs everything like Ibrowse etc no problem. I think you should edit your statements than it can be run on machine capable of running 3.9 with 8mb ram only. It needs 030 and 16mb ram minimum I'll say in current beta state.
Old 31 January 2013, 12:36   #28
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukassid View Post
Aca 620 works well with os 3.9 and classic workbench 3.9 but those use dramatically less ram than amikit. Os 3.9 works even without maxmem parameter (5mb ram only) but it quickly runs out of ram when you run applications. With maxmem it runs everything like Ibrowse etc no problem. I think you should edit your statements than it can be run on machine capable of running 3.9 with 8mb ram only. It needs 030 and 16mb ram minimum I'll say in current beta state.
I think I have that written everywhere, if not tell me where, please. Have you tried Workbench? Magellan needs more, although yes, I think a 630 is what you need, I'm just trying to help "unsupported" hardwares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
No, sorry. It needs a little more ram to run. With just 8mb and 2 of chip it boots , but almost out of free mem. 16 is recommended.
Perhaps this taked to confussion. No, it's intended for 16mb as you say.

Edit: Now I'm using 64 colors and I've connected with Wifi. There's an important thing about Genesis (if you use it). When you install it from the OS39 Cd, it can be the preferences don't work. So you have to copy to Genesis libs/mui/grouppager.mcc. You can get that file from the Genesis of Aminet. Edit: Or you can download BB1 and copy the Genesis.prefs from there, as it is fixed.

"Q: Genesis Prefs refuses to run without the MUI "grouppager.mcc" file installed; where can I find this? [fixed in OS 3.9 SE CD, BB1]
A:
You can download it from the Genesis demo archive."

Last edited by Retrofan; 24 March 2015 at 09:20.
Old 03 February 2013, 09:47   #29
JohnFante

The following install works for me but I have a problem with my Mediator/Radeon setup.

How I installed:
I copied the archive over a OS3.9 install and checked it in WinUAE. Closed down. Compressed as a zip file with WINRAR. Copied the files over to my 4000D, CSPPC, Mediator with Radeon 9250, SB128 and ethernet (I only have SCSI-HD's).

Extracted on OS4.1 to the relevant partition. Copied 68040 and 68060 librarys and changed the EMERGENCY_CD file in DEVS/DOS-drivers to my SCSI-CDROM.

Booted fine and without any problems :-)

My Mediator/Radeon problem:
However! I can not get my Radeon working.

I have copied all the relevant Mediator files and installed Picasso (latest version) but when I boot I get a "Picasso96:Could not open rtg.library" error.

As far as I can see everything is as it should be compared to my normal OS3.9 install where it works fine. Just to be sure I updated rtg.library to the latest version also.

Anybody else have this problems/suggestions?

And thank you Retrofan :-)

Last edited by JohnFante; 03 February 2013 at 09:53.
Old 03 February 2013, 11:11   #30
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFante View Post
Compressed as a zip file with WINRAR. Copied the files over to my 4000D, CSPPC, Mediator with Radeon 9250, SB128 and ethernet (I only have SCSI-HD's).
There's a problem if you don't unpack the zip over your OS39 in Windows as described in the installation instructions. If you unpack a zip file with Dopus over the HD, some files can lose it's atributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas
This is probably a problem with the ZIP archive. It's a Windows tool and it has the same problem as the Windows file system: it does not store all attributes of the Amiga file system.

You can see it if you do on WinUAE. A file that should be shown in Windows as "System Archive" can be changed to "archive".

BUT... I already have a "kit" (thanks Thomas) to make the installation without emulation (when you can't connect your Hd to the Pc), using Lzx. I will tell as soon as it will be ready to download (sorry, it needs time to be aproved and uploaded).

However, I can't tell if this is the cause of your problems with the Mediator/Radeon, it seems you need any library. You could perhaps try with SnoopDos.

Last edited by Retrofan; 21 May 2015 at 02:27.
Old 03 February 2013, 12:29   #31
JohnFante

Quote:
There's a problem if you don't unpack the zip over your OS39 in Windows as described in the installation instructions. If you unpack a zip file with Dopus over the HD, some files can lose it's atributes.

You can see it if you do on WinUAE. A file that should be showed in Windows as "System Archive" can be changed to "archive".
I did copy the files over in Windows. Worked fine. Sorry if I was unclear about that.

Quote:
BUT... I already have a "kit" (thanks Thomas) to make the installation without emulation (when you can't connect your Hd to the Pc), using Lzx. I will tell as soon as it will be ready to download.

However, I can't tell if this is the cause of your problems with the Mediator/Radeon, it seems you need any library. You could perhaps try with SnoopDos.
Looking forward to the LZX package :-). I have not found any problems with the AmiKit so far but maybe there are some attributes that have gone bad during copying/extracting.

For instance when I installed Picasso it did not set the Cybervision3D monitor file til (Devs:Monitors) to excutable. I had to do that manually. But maybe that is related to the more advanced installer in AmiKit.

I will Snoop around a bit and see what I can find out.
Old 03 February 2013, 13:20   #32
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

You should make more things. To start to delete or better disable CyberbugFixAGA (open Games/ScummVm Aga and there's an script there for that), and I would copy your working libs of another OS39 that you have working over the existing and also the Devs: Classes/Datatypes. But these are just expeculations.

Last edited by Retrofan; 03 February 2013 at 22:57.
Old 03 February 2013, 15:04   #33
JohnFante

Quote:
You should make more things. To start to delete or better disable CyberbugFixAGA (open Games/ScummVm Aga and there's an script there for that), and I would copy your working libs of another OS39 that you have working over the existing and also the Devs: Classes/Datatypes. But this are just expeculations.
Well now we are getting somewhere :-)

Disabling CyberbugFixAGA removed the "could not open rtg.library" error and now the Radeon starts up.

However :-) when I boot I now get another error saying "could not create graphics board contex for Radeon". After a couple of flashes of the AGA screen it loads the the Radeon workbench. Any suggestions?

There are some graphics errors around the icon text but I think that is a matter of configuration.

A suggestions: When you have finetunes the AmiKit for AGA it would be great with a version for people with highend Amigas with Mediator etc. :-)

Btw: Anybody know what the best env arc settings are for a Radeon 9250 on a Mediator 4000Di MK2 running on a CSPPC. Medconfig only sets the video memory for 32MB and buster 11. Is there other settings there should be set?

Last edited by JohnFante; 03 February 2013 at 15:14.
Old 03 February 2013, 19:54   #34
bitman

Installed real.amikit - had a few winUAE breakdowns during install (copied the unzipped contents with dopus).

When booting from the CFcard, the Amikit Spalsh scrren displays - but the s system request says "Please insert volume T in any drive" -followed by can't open T:M
Old 03 February 2013, 21:34   #35
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Don't know. Use the installation procedure. Try now unpacking the zip without emulation as the instructions say.
Old 03 February 2013, 22:42   #36
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
It doesn't work if you use dopus to copy over, you need to do it in windows...
Old 04 February 2013, 09:51   #37
bitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
It doesn't work if you use dopus to copy over, you need to do it in windows...
OK, but in windows I can't see my CF card, since it's formatted for Amiga. So how would you decompress the ZIP over the Amiga OS install?
Old 04 February 2013, 11:28   #38
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitman View Post
OK, but in windows I can't see my CF card, since it's formatted for Amiga. So how would you decompress the ZIP over the Amiga OS install?
Make a folder, mount it as a HDD in WinUAE. Copy the contents of your OS install into that folder.

Using your favouire archive software in Windows (I use WinRAR) extract the contents of the AmiKit archive into that folder.

Then in WinUAE you can use DOpus to copy everything back to your CF (you should do a quick format on the partition you want to copy it to) and it must be called 'AmiKit'

I assume protection bits are lost or some files do not overwrite under emulation, it's not ideal to manage the files in Windows but it is the only way this release works.

I also found issues when using OS3.9 without any BB's installed, you should have BB1 & 2 installed for optimum results and you should install your MUI key in S:

All the best,

Steve.
Old 04 February 2013, 11:39   #39
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
I assume protection bits are lost or some files do not overwrite under emulation, it's not ideal to manage the files in Windows but it is the only way this release works.
Hmm.. I'd say it works because some protection bits _are_ lost when copying in Windows and some incorrectly set protection bit gets copied inside emulation.
Old 04 February 2013, 12:10   #40
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Hmm.. I'd say it works because some protection bits _are_ lost when copying in Windows and some incorrectly set protection bit gets copied inside emulation.
So basically the install package is broken and gets 'fixed' by unpacking it within Windows? That's an interesting method to distribute this release