English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CARE

Old 20 August 2004, 12:05   #1
LocalH
Amiga user since 1990

Mortal Kombat 1?

Has anyone done any hacking on Mortal Kombat 1, either the ori or the Fairlight crack? That was always one of my favorite games, even with the somewhat slow loading times (besides, the music on the fight ladder screen is some of the best MK music, in my opinion). I believe it shares a fair bit with the Genesis version - the font is identical, as is the main menu screen. Also, the options screen is the same, with the exception of the scrolling pictures on the side. The cheat code is accessed by typing DULLARD, and that is also the cheat on the Genesis version as well. The cheat menu looks like an upgraded version of the Genesis one, with the flags given actual names instead of FLAG0-FLAG7. Of course, they were both developed by Pulse, so it stands to reason they'd use the same code base, except for graphics and sound code.
Old 20 August 2004, 12:49   #2
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Slight correction - MK was converted by Probe, not Pulse.
Old 21 August 2004, 04:40   #3
LocalH
Amiga user since 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyJarrett
Slight correction - MK was converted by Probe, not Pulse.
Gah! I just knew I was wrong, but I didn't have my disk images handy to actually boot it up when I posted that. I don't know where I got Pulse from =P
Old 25 August 2004, 06:19   #4
redblade
Zone Friend

Yeah a reverse engineering of this game would be cool, would be nice to play as Reptile =].

And then who knows may get lucky and have a SF2 vs MK amiga exclusive =]
Old 20 September 2004, 15:47   #5
Solo Kazuki

SF II vs MK

> And then who knows may get lucky and have a SF2 vs MK amiga exclusive =]

As a big fan of beat'em up games (mainly japanese-one), i'll say that... it's rather impossible and (moreover) senseless. These two games represents two different game-styles... in MANY means. SFII is "hand-painted", MK is digitized. Chars in SFII have different fighting styles (e.g. Chun-Li is fast, but rather weak, Zangief is slow, but powerful), MK have almost the same styles, only specials are different. If we talk about specials - in SFII there is BIG difference in specials between chars (Some of them have "long range" specials like Ryu's "hadou-ken", some have only "close range" like "light(e)ning kick" of Chun-Li... and some have mainly throws like Zangief's "piledriver"), in MK ALL chars have one (or more) long-range and one (or more) short-range. SFII is more anime-climatic, while MK is in "virtual brutality" style...

I'd rather will see "Mugen" port on Anmiga.

Last edited by Solo Kazuki; 20 September 2004 at 18:04.
Old 20 September 2004, 15:54   #6
Solo Kazuki

Ok, i know this was a joke (about SFII vs MK), but... who knows. Maybe someon takes it serious.

BTW: There are also difference in doing specials. SF have mainly "half/quarter circle" (Ryu/Ken/...) or "charging" (Guile/Blanka/...) system, MK have "many directions" system ("left-right-left", etc).
Old 03 October 2004, 00:26   #7
Hey10103

Mortal Kombat 1

can someone PLLLLEEAAASEE tell me the fatality codes to Mortal Kombat 1 for PC, or for any other cousol? if you could tell me that would be GREAT
ive been trying to figure them out ALL DAY

Old 03 October 2004, 11:01   #8
spiff
Oh noes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey10103
can someone PLLLLEEAAASEE tell me the fatality codes to Mortal Kombat 1 for PC, or for any other cousol? if you could tell me that would be GREAT
ive been trying to figure them out ALL DAY
Damn ..do ppl still try to figure out these things by them selves in this day and age of search engines?

Must say I’m impressed, I’d never have the patience to wait that long.
Old 03 October 2004, 12:17   #9
redblade
Zone Friend

what about SFII vs DBZ then =]
Old 04 October 2004, 02:29   #10
Solo Kazuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by redblade
what about SFII vs DBZ then =]
With all these Dragon Ball(stupid)ish "Planet Destroying" technics? Sure! Fight finished in 1 sec.
Moreover - Mugen can do this. There are sets of chars from SFZ(A)/Z(A)2/Z(A)3 and DB/Z/GT.

But if we say about making "not-mugen" BeU game on Amiga... Making better version of Super Street Fighter II X/Turbo (original one is unplayable! Most of frames are skipped, and there are "worst than none" sfx)
Old 04 October 2004, 03:45   #11
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

I have the old mugan ancestor KOF91 for my gp32... ryu kicks subzeros arse every time :P
Old 04 October 2004, 06:27   #12
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Well......

There's a "pirated" NES game called "Hyper Mortal Kombat III Turbo"...

The gameplay is similar to Mortal Kombat, but you have some fighters from Street Fighter, and you can also play as Goro.

I dunno if this is available as a ROMt, I've played it on my friend's NES many years ago..
Old 04 October 2004, 09:22   #13
redblade
Zone Friend

hmm well then just don't let the sayans transform into super sayans, unless they go into shadow turbo mode ie pressing a punch/kick of same strength like on SF alpha 2.

beside I think it is mainly just freeza, cell, vegeta who want to destroy the planet =], hehe who knows perhaps that could be their finishing move at the end of level 2 combo =]
Old 07 October 2004, 09:10   #14
Hey10103

lol, i found the fatalities online =), and no, i have NEVER sat down and tried to figure them out, i dont know who could.....lol im the type of guy who buys and game, and before opening the seal, looks at the cheats online, then i go thru the game, and beat it w/o cheats....sometimes, except with the good games, thats why im glad they didnt make "god" cheats for MK....it would be boring, so they didnt add them so guys like me could enjoy it

Old 07 October 2004, 09:22   #15
Hey10103

What is the most....Mortal Komb...(PLEASE READ)

Hey, i would like to know what you guys think is the Best, Worst and most contriversial Mortal Kombat Game ever made....(i mean contriversial at its time e.g. Mortal kombat 1 was VERY contriversial, but in 2004 (now) it wouldnt be)

My opinion is:
BEST: Mortal Kombat: Trilogy
WORST: Mortal Kombat:
Sub-Zero
(platformer )
MOST CONTRIVERSIAL: Mortal Kombat 1

Old 08 October 2004, 11:58   #16
AmiGer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redblade
Yeah a reverse engineering of this game would be cool, would be nice to play as Reptile =].
Mortal Kombat is a blockbuster, no doubt. (Ok, I think e.g. Tekken 3 on PS is better...)
My opinion is that the possibilities to hack/modify the existing game are very limited to some gfx changes etc.
Old 09 October 2004, 02:05   #17
Hey10103

yeah, has anyone reverse engeneered MK so we can play as reptile??? *hoping*...
just wondering, is there anyway possible to add fatalities to MK 1..like programming them into the game?

Old 09 October 2004, 03:24   #18
redblade
Zone Friend

hmm the only thing I found when I was FIRST EXPERIMENTING with the ARCIII on mortal kombat II was the address where after entering in the 'zedweb' cheat. You could choose your oponnent, and by adding a xtra byte you could fight the hidden characters all the time, ie smoke, noob saibot, jade. It's in another post on this forum.

I still have to use the function that searchs for all opcodes that address the memory location, who knows could find something interesting.

But as for revere engineering MK, would be a bit of a task, might be bettert to code it from scratch ??
Old 11 October 2004, 06:24   #19
Hey10103

yeh, sounds like thats what i would have to do...code it from scratch, but yeh. by the way RedBlade, which part of newzealand are you from?

Old 11 October 2004, 11:54   #20
redblade
Zone Friend

Gisborne, the coast that smokes the most