English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 13 June 2015, 00:53   #1
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Os4.1 final

I've installed OS4.1 Final through WinUAE and (for once) everything went smoothly.
I had to copy the PicassoIV monitor to Devs:Monitor manually to get the PIV screenmodes though.

One snag is that I can't use the screen to back/front gadget on DirOpus4, anyone else have this problem?

Last edited by Arnie; 27 June 2015 at 01:09.
Old 13 June 2015, 08:07   #2
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
I've installed OS4.1 Final through WinUAE and (for once) everything went smoothly.
I had to copy the PicassoIV monitor to Devs:Monitor manually to get the PIV screenmodes though.
Odd, if you select picasso on install it should install everything for you. I never had any issues with installing 4.1.2 or final via normal install.

Quote:
One snag is that I can't use the screen to back/front gadget on DirOpus4, anyone else have this problem?
Not sure on this, as i dont like dopus, never have, never will.
You checked on official hyperion forums?
Old 13 June 2015, 08:38   #3
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Yeah, I had a message pop up on reboot something about loadmondrv cannot find screenmodes for PicassoIV?
Old 17 June 2015, 14:59   #4
AMIGASYSTEM

Has anyone ever tested on a WinUAE Wifi with OS4.1, this possibility exists in emulation. On my PC I have a wireless card compatible with the Atheros driver, I tried to install the device but it Atheros5000 did not work for OS4. Of course I have installed the device automatically, created the Wireless.prefs inserting SSID, passphrase and the string "Run <> NIL: C: WirelessManager atheros5000.device" in Network-Startup. Only question I have left and some settings on WinUAE or Prefs / Internet, anyone can tell me what should or should not be set?

----------------- Italiano ------------------------

Qualcuno ha mai testato su WinUAE una connessione Wifi con OS4.1, esiste questa possibilità nell'emulazione. Sul mio PC ho una Scheda Wireless compatibile con i driver Atheros, ho provato ad installare il device Atheros5000 per OS4 ma non ha funzionato. Naturalmente ho installato il device automaticamente, creato il Wireless.prefs, inserendo SSID, Passphrase e la stringa "Run <>NIL: C:WirelessManager atheros5000.device "nella Network-Startup. Unico dubbio che mi è rimasto e su qualche settaggio su WinUAE o su Prefs/Internet, qualcuno sa dirmi cosa deve o non deve essere settato?
Old 17 June 2015, 15:02   #5
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

I tried with the ethernet.device from aminet. It detected my card(s) but I want to know, does it work with wireless or wired.
Old 17 June 2015, 15:06   #6
AMIGASYSTEM

I also tried to set ethernet.device, but I think this device is only for LAN Network

----------------------

Ho provato anche a settare ethernet.device, ma questo device credo sia solo per la Rete LAN
Old 17 June 2015, 15:30   #7
thomas

Quote:
I tried with the ethernet.device from aminet. It detected my card(s) but I want to know, does it work with wireless or wired.
ethernet.device is a driver for a a2065 ethernet card which is wired of course.

BUT, the emulated a2065 NIC is connected to an emulated router and the emulated router is connected to your Windows network. So no matter how your Windows PC is connected to the rest of the world (wireless, wired, serial, infrared, whatever), WinUAE uses this connection, too.

As long as your Windows PC is online, OS4 is, too.
Old 18 June 2015, 12:48   #8
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Got it working using 10.0.2.2 as the route and 10.0.2.3 as the DNS
Old 20 June 2015, 00:47   #9
AMIGASYSTEM

Ok all resolved, the wireless network works perfectly with Ethernet.device, I struggled to find the various promblematiche that quickly summarize:

- Switch set WinUAE / Espansions A2065 Z2 -00: 80 ... SLIRP + Open Port ...
- Uploaded Ethernet.device Preferences compatibility
- Deleted all files previously saved .temp and network settings. backup, the system could not delete or overwrite
- New manual setting of "New Connection" setting A2065 / Ethernet.device cofigurazione Dynamics (the network automatically took his IP).
- Given in WinUAE access to firewall Windows7

------------------ Italiano ---------------

Ok tutto risolto, la rete Wireless funziona perfettamente con Ethernet.device, ho dovuto faticare per trovare le varie promblematiche che riassumo velocemente:

- Settato WinUAE/Espansions A2065 Z2 -00:80 ... SLIRP+Open Port ...
- Caricato Ethernet.device da Preferenze compatibilità
- Cancellato tutti i file settaggi rete salvati precedentemente .temp e . backup, che il sistema non riusciva ad eliminare o sovrascrivere
- Settaggio manuale da "New Connection" configurando A2065/Ethernet.device cofigurazione Dinamica (la rete ha preso automaticamente il suo IP).
- Dato a WinUAE l'accesso al Firewall di Windows7

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 04 July 2017 at 10:32.
Old 20 June 2015, 08:47   #10
thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
- Switch set WinUAE / Espansions A2065 Z2 -00: 80 ... SLIRP + Open Port ...

- Given in WinUAE access to firewall Windows7
If you don't open ports you don't use anyway, you don't need to change firewall settings. You would never open ports in Windows for security reasons, so why did you choose this setting for AmigaOS?
Old 20 June 2015, 13:46   #11
AMIGASYSTEM

Yes, I had given "only" in WinUAE access to firewall Windows7, I was asked the first Starting OS4.1. Restored the Firewall in default and everything works perfettament, as you said, for security reasons best unlock Firewall, thanks

Regarding the sound I hear in fits and starts, there is some settings to make the sound more fluid?

---------------- Italiano -------------------

Si, avevo dato "solo" a WinUAE l'accesso al Firewall di Windows7, mi era stato richiesto al primo Avvio di OS4.1. Ripristinato il Firewall a default e tutto funziona perfettament, come detto da te, per questione di sicurezza meglio sbloccare il Firewall, grazie

Riguardo l'audio che sento a singhiozzi, esiste qualche settaggio per rendere più fluido l'audio?
Old 23 June 2015, 19:14   #12
AMIGASYSTEM

Is there a way to put a second hardfile in OS4.1 emulated to exchange files between Hardfile'm using good OS3.

----------------- Italiano ------------------

Esiste un modo per montare un secondo HardFile in OS4.1 emulato per scambiare i file fra Hardfile sto utilizzando il buon OS3.
Old 23 June 2015, 21:08   #13
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Add the hdf to the harddrives panel, Accellerator 1, and change the device number to anything other than DH0:, DH1:

Boot OS4.1 and use :System/Media tool box (cyberscsi.device) to check the drive and fix it if asked to.

Last edited by Arnie; 27 June 2015 at 01:09.
Old 24 June 2015, 15:13   #14
AMIGASYSTEM

Thanks Arnie, did not know the procedure "Media Tool Box", now everything is easier, even mounting CD is OK

--------------------------

Grazie Arnie, non conoscevo la procedura di "Media Tool Box", ora tutto è più semplice, anche il montaggio CD è OK

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 29 June 2015 at 08:27.
Old 29 June 2015, 08:08   #15
AMIGASYSTEM

Some of you have already tried Odyssey 1.23r3 on OS4.1, to me every now and then shuts down.
Old 29 June 2015, 13:22   #16
AMIGASYSTEM

One more question: emulation supports OS4.1 "uae.audio" in the preferences I only see "Paula" i ask this because the MP3 sound hiccups, of "OS3" instead feel excellently

Thanks, I hope someone responds
Old 29 June 2015, 14:16   #17
thomas

OS4 only supports real hardware. Everything "uae" is not real.
Old 29 June 2015, 17:01   #18
AMIGASYSTEM

Thanks Thomas, is now more clear it, there is something to improve listening to an mp3 ?. Excuse my stubbornness, unfortunately i do not understand English well and I find it hard to follow the steps mentioned on the forum. Despite my 61 years, I always like to experiment, especially on the Amiga OS, I also asked some info about Odyssey that seems to have some small incompatibilities.
Old 29 June 2015, 18:19   #19
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
You could try emulating a Toccata ZII Soundcard, that has 16bit Sound and AHI drivers. Although, maybe AHI + CPU usage is too high causing the hiccups?
Old 30 June 2015, 11:29   #20
AMIGASYSTEM

Hello fitzsteve, regarding the use of AHI + CPU, which change the parameters?

I tried to emulate ZII Toccata Soundcard, made the passages described below and OS4.1 does not start locks the startup

- Setting WinUAE: Activated ToccataZ2 Sound Card emulation
- Setting WinUAE: Activated Paula / CD Audio mix
- Copied files TOCCATA in Devs / AudioModes
- Copied files toccata.audio in Devs / AHI
- Activated Toccata.audio on Prefs / Compatibility