English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 16 July 2015, 16:48   #1
Seblington
Amiga Nutter

Send a message via AIM to Seblington
BlizzardPPC ROMS

Hello, can someone help me? I am about to install WB 4.1 on my A1200 PPC with BVision, brought the disks, finding the auto boot FD doesn't like my PCMCIA SCSI drive but I'm sure I will get around that. For the moment though I am awaiting another CF card and would like to start building the OS on my PC.
So downloaded the latest WinUEA last night and it came up with missing ROM files, I cant seem to find them anywhere, the ones which were in the Zone, Accelerator-roms.zip are gone. I also see that I may need the GFX card ROM, is that true?

So I think what I need is
BlizzardPPC ROM
Blizzardvision ROM

I have had a PPC card for a year now and never used that part of it, only wanted it because of the graphics card, now I would love to see what WB 4.1 is like :-)
Old 16 July 2015, 17:15   #2
staropram

expansion_boot_roms.zip are in the zone

But not sure if it has what you look for
Old 16 July 2015, 17:31   #3
Seblington
Amiga Nutter

Thanks, by the looks of it they were there with a different name? sorry, I should have seen that but thanks for pointing it out, the accelerator ROM I need is there, blizzardppc_060_44.71 the graphics one, well I don't know if I need that or can use a Picasso one I found, time will tell :-)

Many thanks for your help, looking forward to seeing what its like.
Old 16 July 2015, 21:59   #4
miggymac

You need the picasso iv roms. The BlizzardVision graphics board is not emulated (yet). And i don't think it will be emulated in the near future, because it uses the Permedia 2 chipset. And there are no (free) emulators for this chipset to get the code for an implementation in WinUAE. Perhaps Voodoo 3 emulation, adopted from MAME, could be the next step, and therefore you need pci bridge board emulation (the latest WinUAE already has this).
Old 20 July 2015, 13:08   #5
Seblington
Amiga Nutter

Hi, thanks for the update, I will look into this soon, tried to install it on my A1200 with no joy, it keeps throwing a fit when first booting with a kickstart error, the disc has a 3.9 installation option which I tried but it does not recognize the CD as the squirrel driver does not display the CDROM's full name ( think it doesn't like spaces).

I have ordered a spare CF card, I am hoping to partition it with the 4.1 install on the second partition and full length name, then see if I can install the OS on the first partition, this is on the A1200 itself.