English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

Old 04 May 2008, 07:28   #1
CmdrKrool

Using TOSEC set in GameBase

Hi,

I have a full TOSEC 0.27 games set which I obtained a while back. Just now, I downloaded the GameBase frontend and the GameBase Amiga 1.5 database. Is it possible to have GameBase search my TOSEC folder and recognize some or all of the games that are there?

(I set the path in GameBase and ran "Verify available files", but it didn't find any. I nosed around inside the database - it looks for matches by filename, is that right?)

What would be my best course of action to get a GameBase Amiga setup up and running from this point? Would I need to download the games again?

Old 04 May 2008, 11:56   #2
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

TOSEC 0.27 is pretty old, you will have some of the GB Amiga games but not all so you will still need to download most of the game update packs.

To get GB Amiga to try to recognise what you already have you have to run a dat file through a program like ClrMAMEPro
You can download the dat file HERE
There are also batch files included with the dat file to move the files into the correct subdirectories after scanning.

Let me know if you need any more help.