English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 24 December 2013, 00:52   #41
_ThEcRoW
Amiga NetRunner

Well, i installed the latest version and configured. In the next days will try with my own hdf files with a custom install to test games and apps. One question: If i quit the appliction with the quit option, if i check the opens apps on the system, the emulator is still open, and have to shut down manually.
Old 24 December 2013, 07:38   #42
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ThEcRoW View Post
One question: If i quit the appliction with the quit option, if i check the opens apps on the system, the emulator is still open, and have to shut down manually.
Thats normal.
You need to close down all apps manually on android, like on IOS.

@Lubomyr;

Two requests and it will be perfect.

1) Option to get rid of Auto Fire. I hate Auto Fire, why its forced on is beyond me.
2) The screen keeps shifting up, as proper android navigation bar decides to pop up on its own randomly. You have to quit and restart emu.

I still get the reset bug, if you have a custom rom. It boots to kickstart and you have to manually reset to get it to boot HDF.

Last edited by FOL; 24 December 2013 at 13:09.
Old 24 December 2013, 09:14   #43
liveevil
Custom User Title

This emulator is improving nicely, thanks for your work. A few requests.

When inserting more than one disk I noticed that the file requester scroll bar keeps its position (which is nice) but when starting a game and coming back to the menu to change disk the scroll bar has gone back to the top of the list. Is there any way you can make it keep it's scrolled position always please ?

In the emulator description it says you need "kick13.rom, kick20.rom and kick31.rom". I have not checked yet but I imagine you would also need "kick12.rom" if you want to use Kickstart 1.2 which is selectable in the menu.

Looking forward to a Bigger Transparent Amiga Keyboard to replace the tiny fiddly thing thats been present from day 1. Thanks.

Just one more thing, what does the refresh rate default at as there is no option for it anymore (but I think you said it was unfinished). I have some slight stutter when anything scrolls which would suggest that it's in the wrong refresh rate.

Last edited by liveevil; 24 December 2013 at 18:07. Reason: Refreh rate question
Old 24 December 2013, 13:01   #44
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ThEcRoW View Post
Well, i installed the latest version and configured. In the next days will try with my own hdf files with a custom install to test games and apps. One question: If i quit the appliction with the quit option, if i check the opens apps on the system, the emulator is still open, and have to shut down manually.
After quit application i tried to check running task in application setting, and not found uae4all2 task. At my device, quit - works ok.
But with unknown reason, if emulation not be started, quit from gui (at my quad core device) continues more than 15 seconds. That really abnormal.
Old 24 December 2013, 23:49   #45
Ariath

Gods is also finally working now .

I'm making a Excel spreadsheet with all games i'm testing in the three Amiga emulators we have now in Android: Uae4All2, Omega500 and UAE4Droid.

I have thought uploading it to GoogleDocs to have a online reference of which games are working, which aren't working and why.

See ya!
Old 26 December 2013, 11:44   #46
liveevil
Custom User Title

I don't know if you know this but if you boot the 1.3 kickstart without a disk it shows you the white screen with the hand holding the disk but the text on the disk looks corrupted. It looks fine on the 1.2 kickstart. Does this effect compatibility if the emulator is corrupting the rom ? I'm using Amiga Forever Essentials and i've also tried a 1.3 rom from TOSEC and it has the same corrupted text.
Old 26 December 2013, 12:24   #47
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
I don't know if you know this but if you boot the 1.3 kickstart without a disk it shows you the white screen with the hand holding the disk but the text on the disk looks corrupted. It looks fine on the 1.2 kickstart. Does this effect compatibility if the emulator is corrupting the rom ? I'm using Amiga Forever Essentials and i've also tried a 1.3 rom from TOSEC and it has the same corrupted text.
Its nothing to worry about, I have seen this lots of times on different emulators. Should still work fine.
Old 26 December 2013, 15:20   #48
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
1) Option to get rid of Auto Fire. I hate Auto Fire, why its forced on is beyond me.
2) The screen keeps shifting up, as proper android navigation bar decides to pop up on its own randomly. You have to quit and restart emu.

I still get the reset bug, if you have a custom rom. It boots to kickstart and you have to manually reset to get it to boot HDF.
1) fire and autofire mapped on different buttons
by default with first control config A=Autofire X=Fire
But switching to another control config scheme not works. I already fixed it and it will be ready in next version.
2) Perhaps this is due with unfinished display tab.
I will try to add missed element menu from display tab in next version
3) I don't know how to fix reset bug
Old 28 December 2013, 04:45   #49
rhester72

A bit of confusion regarding HDFs:

I know they can't use RDB or partitions (and are thus used in "big floppy" mode), but I can't seem to manage to create one with WinUAE that also works in UAE4ALL2-SDL.

In WinUAE, I've created a new 50MB hardfile without RDB, and left it at the default of 4 surfaces/63 sectors/2 reserved/512 block size. This works out to 406 cylinders in WinUAE and formats out with FFS to very near the full 50MB.

There's no way to specify surfaces/sectors/reserved/block size in UAE4ALL2-SDL. If I reformat the HDF within UAE4ALL2-SDL, it works there, but is then unreadable by WinUAE.

Any clues?

Rodney
Old 31 December 2013, 20:04   #50
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

new version 2.3.3.2

apk: uae4all2-sdl-2.3.3.3.apk

source: uae4all2-src-01012014.tar.gz

- added missing element menu to display tab in new UI
- fixed switching control config
- new tab - on-screen control
(we can add/remove any on-screen button and on-screen position setup (like in sdl-setting) but now we can store this setting for any game)
- few bug fix
- merged with latest open pandora port changes from TomB except navigation via dpad (I hope it will be works in next versions)

- increased font size
- increased width of window file-diaglog
- changed tab position (now 1-st floppy tab, 2-nd hard drv tab, 3rd - main tab renamed to misc)

- selectin hd-dir fixed
- fixed crash when kickroms not found

new screen OnScreen tab
screen1
screen2

Interesting Amiga virtual keyboard replacer (free, transparent, resizable, floating, fully customizable, with a lot of needed for amiga using keys)
Multiling O keyboard
screen3

P.S.
custom load/save config for hdd-games still not ready, sorry.

Happy New Year!

Last edited by lubomyr; 02 January 2014 at 18:22.
Old 02 January 2014, 19:44   #51
liveevil
Custom User Title

Nice updates. Thanks for the heads-up on the Android keyboard. I downloaded it and also downloaded the Linux layout (the one that's shown in your screenshot). It's good for some Amiga keys but I dont think the DELETE key works (the one above "break" with the X on as seen in your screenshot). I tried typing some text in Workbench but that key won't delete. Also, I need a PrtScr (Print Screen) key as it's needed to exit some WHDLoad games (I may have to try and set a default exit key).

I don't suppose you have made an Amiga Keyboard Layout for the Multiling O Keyboard app ? (I'm not sure if it's possible).
Old 02 January 2014, 20:45   #52
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

liveevil,
If you want delete chars then try press and hold del key then you will see additional keyboard, del with arrow left key delete previous char.
I think create amiga keyboard layout for Multiling O Keyboard app is good idea.
Old 03 January 2014, 11:35   #53
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

another interesting keyboard - Programmer Keyboard
screenshot
But in this variant esc key not works, it used for hide keyboard
Old 03 January 2014, 12:21   #54
liveevil
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubomyr View Post
another interesting keyboard - Programmer Keyboard
screenshot
But in this variant esc key not works, it used for hide keyboard
That one looks like it hasn't been updated in nearly 2 years and doesn't look like it can be made transparent, and the Esc key doesn't work as you said. Were you having thoughts on making an Amiga Keyboard Layout for the Multiling O Keyboard ? (Maybe have the main keyboard, then hold down a key to display the right side of the keyboard, Numpad, Arrow keys, Help key etc.) I'm not sure if this can be done, raw key codes ?
Old 03 January 2014, 12:39   #55
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

Developer of Multiling O Keyboard responded about some fixes in keyboard in next version. I hope del key will be works. But on my request how to create custom layout of keyboard i still not received any info.
Old 03 January 2014, 16:47   #56
liveevil
Custom User Title

After a bit of playtime with this emulator i've discovered a few annoying things. Some WHDLoad games play too fast, i've tried lowering the speed to 7Mhz but they are still too fast (Basejumpers, Barbarian 1+2 (Palace versions), Harlequin etc.) Is this a fault in the emulation ?

I have my Display settings as 640x256 (Amiga Hi-Res Mode ?). A lot of games are in Low-Res mode, I have to go back to the menu and select 640x200. Is there an on-screen key you can add to switch res in-game ?

The Multiling O Keyboard doesn't work on some games, I tried to type my name in a hi-score and none of the keys worked, I had to use the crappy tiny keyboard in the bottom left corner. The WHDLoad F10 exit key worked though. I don't know if this is some of the bugs you mentioned they were fixing, I hope so, or maybe this keyboard just doesn't like this emulator. And there's no PrtSc key that's needed to exit some WHDLoad games. Hopefully a Proper Amiga Layout will fix all this in the future.
Old 03 January 2014, 19:58   #57
Higgy

Hi.
I have been running this emu via OUYA and feeding my findings back on another forum.
to exit WHDLoad when it says PrtScr use '*'. On actual AMIGA keyboard PrtScr and * are on the same physical key.
I am just playing International Ninja Rabbits and remembering how gutted I felt back in the '90s when I actually bought it!
Old 03 January 2014, 20:15   #58
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy View Post
Hi.
I have been running this emu via OUYA and feeding my findings back on another forum.
to exit WHDLoad when it says PrtScr use '*'. On actual AMIGA keyboard PrtScr and * are on the same physical key.
I am just playing International Ninja Rabbits and remembering how gutted I felt back in the '90s when I actually bought it!
I normally map * and F10, as these are the most common keys used to exit.
Old 03 January 2014, 21:39   #59
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

new version 2.3.3.4

apk: uae4all2-sdl-2.3.3.4.apk

source: uae4all2-src-03012014.tar.gz

- increased scrollbar width in dropdown element menu
- navigation via dpad for new gui fixed
Old 03 January 2014, 23:13   #60
Higgy

Nice work. Now using the new GUI with OUYA is really easy. Super work!

Not that it matters on OUYA, but I could not go into 'On Screen' tab to adjust anything. The touchpad on the controller also did not let me adjust any of the options.