sborat

Angels (Blue Angels ?) flight sim.

A flight sim. for acrobatic flights.

Can you upload ?

Thanks.

Old 25 July 2001, 09:43   #2
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

F 15 strike Eagle is VERY tricky to get working on the emus. But I have no idea how it runs on An Amiga. In any case....
This is Crystal's one ADF crack.
I could not get it to run on WinUAE, but WinFellow runs it fine, under ecs 13 config. The correct way to set up that config is:

Kick 1.3, 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, 1792kb Slow Mem, 68000 CPU, Sound on, Disk DMA speed fast.
Old 25 July 2001, 10:24   #3
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Cool F-15 Strike Eagle 1

Anyone got F-15 Strike Eagle 1?
Old 25 July 2001, 10:26   #4
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

OK, for the record, Crystal did crack that game, but additionally it was 1-disked by Gollum and +4 trained by Goonies (phew!).

When I tried it out in WinUAE (8.8r8) it went all the way until I chose Libya and while loading the next part, it not only froze the game and WinUAE, but the entire PC! That sucks!

I have the full 2-disk version that I will now test, but lemme save this message before doing so, since I may be forced to cold boot again (sigh!)
Old 25 July 2001, 10:33   #5
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Alas, that version crashed better. It froze after hitting enter on the manual lookup screen, so I was at least able to kill the task.

I'm with Cody - anyone got F-15 Strike Eagle 1?
Old 25 July 2001, 10:38   #6
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

I don't think there WAS a F 15 Strike Eagle 1, at least for the Amiga. My guess is that the prequel was available for the C 64??
Old 25 July 2001, 10:48   #7
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

My sources indicate that there is, in fact, an Amiga version of this game. On its initial release, it was available for Atari (8-bit?), Apple, C-64, IBM PC and PC Jr. I know that it was released for the ST, as well, so odds are that an Amiga version is out there too.
Old 25 July 2001, 10:52   #8
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Well, although BOTH sites are full of faults (Not to take anything away from their dedication to the retrogaming communities), neither mention an Amiga version, Twist.

http://www.thelegacy.de/Museum/game.php3?game_id=4295

BTTR game list does not have it on ...this definitely will take more investigation..but now I must get to bed..a little project for later

Last edited by Fred the Fop; 25 July 2001 at 16:45.
Old 26 July 2001, 21:05   #9
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

I really cannot find it. I will try again, because I recall the C 64 version as being very well executed. I'll continue searching . As for Night Raider\Dive Bomber, it seems that it never made it to the Amiga. I'll have to settle for the Atari St. I'll tell you what, when you do, I'll change my avatar to Jan OR Dean
But NOT a Carpenter!!:laugh
Old 26 July 2001, 23:06   #10
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I still believe Night Raider/Dive Bomber exists for the Amiga, as well. Not finding it on the net means nothing, as I have quite a number of games for the Amiga which have no internet presence at this time.

As for The Carpenters/Jan & Dean: when I was a small boy, "The Little Old Lady From Pasadena" was my favorite song, which was before I'd heard The Rolling Stones. At the moment, I think I probably have greatest hits stuff from both on some mp3 CD in my pile of about 500 discs. I rarely, if ever, play them - however after I get home from work tonight (and since I have the weekend off) I shall dig up some Carpenters and listen to their mild, soothing, pleasant diversions as I catch up on the messages at EAB. I'll start with "Close To You" and "We've Only Just Begun" and work my way up through their unusual remake of Klaatu's "Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft".
Old 27 July 2001, 02:26   #11
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Big grin F-15 Strike Eagle 2 in emulators

Just let me put my 2c worth in here...

1. From memory I tested the WHDLoad version of F-15 Strike Eagle 2 on WinUAE while developing it and believe that it works fine on emulators.

2. It works with 2 versions of the game, with or without protection. Read this as "try it with the 2 disk cracked disk images and it should work"

3. The game only *really* needs 1Mb of memory, possibly 1Mb chip. So that config which states to try it with 2Mb chip, 8Mb fast etc is overkill. Of course if you're using WHDLoad in an emulator there's no problem setting however much memory you've got - just make sure at least 1Mb chip set!)

Report me any problems!

PS: I don't think F15 Strike Eagle 1 came out on the Amiga. It was an OLD c64 game, from about 1986, possibly earlier. I think Gunship was the first Microprose one they converted to the Amiga.
Old 27 July 2001, 03:52   #12
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Your 2c are , as usual, undervalued by you, Code always helpful
I am almost certain F 15 never came ot for Amiga. Those familiar with my Atari St owning poor self know that when the game arrived on the Megadrive, I was ecstatic, becuase I owned the much cheaper Megadrive. When my pal Kraig, who owned the Amiga, came over to see my game, he stated he wished he had it for the Amiga. he loved my Atari St version, and he himself had it on the C 64. i know it did not arrive for the Amiga because it was one of the FEW games I could brag about in the Amiga vs Atari St wars we had
Old 27 July 2001, 14:41   #13
morph72

F15 Eagle Strike

OK guys, I've just uploaded F15 Eagle Strike [sic!] to the ADF Zone. I'm not too sure this is really the prequel of F15 Strike Eagle II... for one, the title screen looks a bit dodgy, and the intro says "produced by Ultimate Solution" (ahem). Might be fake. I've made a few screenshots so you people can check out if it's merely another game in disguise.

<Ian>
Removed screenshot during the great clean-up October 2001
</Ian>

Last edited by Ian; 12 October 2001 at 01:07.

Old 27 July 2001, 18:58   #14
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Excellent, Morph and [cy . I suppose, once I get home and test it, it'll be what Twist was referring to. Or maybe not. Holding off on the Jan pic......I believe the game F 15 strike Eagle II was by Microprose. This one is published and\or written by Ultimate what? I think the jan avatar is but a low possibility now.
Old 27 July 2001, 20:22   #15
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I am anxious for those of you who know the real game from another platform to respond to this one. Yes, that title screen looks a bit dodgy, but you never know. The Ultimate part can be either the work of cracker/hacker, or it can be the programming team. I have seen many games where the publisher is not even mentioned in the actual game, but the programming team(s), manufacturer(s) and copyright owners.

Oh, and I have my copy of "Surf City" loaded up in Winamp, ready to play...
Old 29 October 2001, 09:17   #16
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Just as a very late confirmation - this game is not F-15 Strike Eagle 1. It's an AMOS game which I don't think you can even play.

Last edited by CodyJarrett; 13 March 2007 at 09:33.